How moddable is PZ?

mummson

Hi,

I have been looking into lua and the mod tutorials and am just about to try to do some simple modding. But my question is, how moddable is PZ?

Can you do a total conversion mod and make it into a completely different game? or are the mods more "cheats" and new items?

You could code an entirely different game (say, Tetris) in Lua within PZ if you wanted to. Traditional total conversions (replacing all assets etc) isn't very practical since you can't modify the character models other than replacing skins though. Much of the game's mechanics are written in Lua (including the user interface) so you can modify or replace those, or create entirely new gameplay mechanics. Look through the script names in media/lua/client, media/lua/server and media/lua/shared to get an idea of what the capabilities are.

You could code an entirely different game (say, Tetris) in Lua within PZ if you wanted to. Traditional total conversions (replacing all assets etc) isn't very practical since you can't modify the character models other than replacing skins though. Much of the game's mechanics are written in Lua (including the user interface) so you can modify or replace those, or create entirely new gameplay mechanics. Look through the script names in media/lua/client, media/lua/server and media/lua/shared to get an idea of what the capabilities are.

Awesome thanks! I was hoping you could mess with the skill system etc..