Tall pine trees :D

Necromatic_Corgi

Generally I would like to see 2 floors high trees but EnigmaGrey said it before: They will be cut if you near and there will be only tree trunks :( .

Technically we won't ever see the branches from above, because our character had a perspective on his/her current floor and I think many players would be "sad" if they can't see for example a horde because of the branches which they cover. And it could be annoying to see the branches switching on or off if you walk.

On the other side it would look cool if your charakter is on a higher floor than the trees :)

I hope my text is read- and understandable :D

Edit: Something coming in my mind... sadly a contra

In the building editor for example lamp posts are not conected. I have to place the bottom part of the LP (lamp post) and then switching one floor up and place the upper part of the LP. If you now destroy the lower part of the LP I think the upper part would be remain floating. Of course its only theoretical and I never tried it but I think if you lumber one of your pine trees, the branches would be remain flying :(

What makes you think that this wouldn't be addressed in case the engine changes to support taller trees? :P

What makes you think that this wouldn't be addressed in case the engine changes to support taller trees? :P

Because I said that I don't know how the engine works and if this possible or not :)

I support taller trees but I can't imagine the finished product looks alright :(

Sadly I feel that you are right, I honestly doubt that they will change the forest again after the erosion mod is finished and in :(

Theres always that off chance though.

It's something we want to do, but its a massive undertaking, would require substantial changes to the engine (remember that all the 'turn the world to 3D talk from yesteryear never ended up happening to the degree we intended due to EasyP's massive optimizations) and as such considering what it brings to the gameplay (consider that the only real difference to gameplay whatsoever, forgetting visuals, would be you don't slow down walking through the forest) is substantially less than say:

NPCs

Vehicles

UI Overhaul

Kate + Bob

Military

City

this is bottom of that list at best. This takes us probably well into next year, at which point we don't want to start piling on extra significant promises we can't necessarily keep. If it were something we could squeeze in while we're doing that it would be one thing, but to do well it would require significant changes to engine and a great deal of work both art and code and eat up a big chunk of the team. It's something we'd like to do but would be idiots to make any firm promises. That's what separates us from the DF-9s of the world. We promised the above in very real terms and are committed to delivering on those promises, and have said we very much WANT and intend to do a whole bunch more, but its all dependent on situation and funding and continued or increased interest in the game. So you'll get no further promises than those listed above, and that this something we would definitely like to have very very much and may happen but may just as likely not happen.

End of story (please stop asking on twitter :P)