TheGmork

Change to Camp-fire Craft Recipe

Change to Camp-fire Craft Recipe 

With the introduction of the scavenging skill and the ability to find stones, I think it would be a good idea to change the camp-fire craft recipe from Plank + Riped Bandages to Stones x 4.

It makes much more sense then the old one now. If you really wanted it to be 1 step more complicated then it could be Stones x 4 + Twigs, bit I think the stones are enough.

After all, the camp-fire is just a ring of stones ;)

Or a campfire that's less likely to set the world on fire. ;)

As, on the right type of ground / clearing away flammable material can still net a viable place to put a fire, without stones.

Perhaps then a Spade/Trowel + stones in your inventory, then place fire pit from the right click menu 

I think that the fire aspect should be more open then what it is now. To make a fire it should only be fuel + flame. If I am in the suburbs i do not want to have to go out and find rocks and to be realistic I dont need to have a rock circle to have a fire. <--- Sorry did not finish my full thought.

I think that the fire aspect should be more open then what it is now. To make a fire it should only be fuel + flame. If I am in the suburbs i do not want to have to go out and find rocks and to be realistic I dont need to have a rock circle to have a fire. <--- Sorry did not finish my full thought.

When it comes to cooking though, unless you are just tossing the food into the coals, you will need a good support to put, say, a pan or pot on or rocks to hold up a spit, so on and so forth. 

bingo, i was thinking same thing about traditional campfires when i found my first stone while scavenging.  makes sense.  then again, i would really like to be able to set a fire by walking up to a set of curtains, lighting my lighter and burning the house down also, that's a whole other discussion though.