Build 30 wild speculation thread

f3rret

Since the devs won't go into detail about it yet, I figured we might as well make up our own wild guesses about what's coming in the build 30 medical update! ( http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/09/zombies-in-love/ )

My guesses are:

- Being in the rain will actually make you sick

- Carrying a half-dozen logs will cause back damage

- Falling zombies can break legs and become crawlers

- Broken legs and arms will require splints

- Antibiotics to fight infections (but not the zombie infections)

- Adding a new medical skill and profession!

Anything I missed?

I predict a new "Medical" skill that allows characters to heal and treat other injured characters.  This will be helpful in MP.

From the looks of the icons in the game, there looks to be new types of pills coming. Probably new medical items too (splints, braces, sutures, scalpels, IVs, etc).  Bandages will probably be changed to only stop health loss, but actual healing will require treatment from a sufficiently skilled character.  Food may not heal you.

The biggest change will probably be the introduction of diseases from proximity to corpses.  In Dwarf Fortress they call it miasma. Cleaning up those dead zombies will become critical to staying healthy.

It hasn't been stipulated as to how much time since 'the outbreak' it has been when you fire up a game, but I'd be interested to see if there'll be domesticated animals gone feral during the course of the game. I'd be more worried about a sprinting pack of starving dogs than the shamblers, that's for sure :o

Soundwave and all of the Decepticon cassettes.

I've already been Ravage-d by the locals  :P

now RJ, if you include Dragons and Unicorns, then we will certainly need a Griffin or two....for balance.

this one would be nifty http://www.griffinmodels.com/griffin-models-diecast-catalog.html

with a medical overhaul coming, one thing i would like to see is greater availability of the GOOD bandages, that you find at Cortman's or at Pharmahug. would not be unreasonable to find a few of those in any random house, next to Band Aids and pain pills, IMHO anyway.

Since the devs won't go into detail about it yet, I figured we might as well make up our own wild guesses about what's coming in the build 30 medical update! ( http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/09/zombies-in-love/ )

My guesses are:

- Being in the rain will actually make you sick

- Carrying a half-dozen logs will cause back damage

- Falling zombies can break legs and become crawlers

- Broken legs and arms will require splints

- Antibiotics to fight infections (but not the zombie infections)

- Adding a new medical skill and profession!

Anything I missed?

I guess medicine will finally make a return as antibiotics and you can take some medicinal plants, along side with some new skill maybe?

I dont think they will add splints yet, they need animations and more stuff like that.

And maybe we will see damage in a certain area of the body actually doing something, like if your arm gets hurt, you cant swing as hard and fast as usal, head damage can cause some vision/hearing problems, leg make you move slower,ect.

I hope for corpses and the rain actually making you sick.

But the one that will make me fall in love with whoever codes it.....FOOD NOT HEALING YOU, GOD I DONT WANT MAGIC FOOD, I HATE MAGIC FOOD, HOW BUTTER HEAL MY ARM?!

BUTTER BEST FOOD

Also maybe some new wound types?

You know, like blunt damage, slash damage, damage damage...

I am pretty hype for build 30 more than build 29

Pls more medicine

Id love to see....

*Backpacks on my character

*New weapon models. So everything dont look like a bat

*Id love to see more character customization. Maybe like wearing a hat, or a bandana, or coat etc

*More combo items. ( like the nail bat...etc)

*And Last Stand Maps to be played in Multiplayer mode! :)

I am gonna lose control of my Vas deferens when they have models for backpacks on players! :oops:

Animals caught in traps to have sizes like caught fish. Also a taxidermy skill to mount said animals. Maybe a way to preserve food ;)

In seriousness though, with the way builds are progressing, whatever comes will just improve the game so much more I don't mind what comes.

I predict that there will be no more of those moments when you remember to check your health screen after running for hours straight without stopping and then notice you are about to die of blood loss in minutes, but you didn't think it was serious because there were no effects on gameplay. Maybe there will even be some kind of limping animation? 

Also NPC HYPE 

just kidding

• 3 weeks later...

Why would food not heal a wound? Seriously, I don't go to the hospital just because I got a scratch. What I want to see is a scratch increasing the risk of infection. Imagine corpses lying around increase the risk of infection and you got a scratch. At the same time the smell of the corpses and the food in your safe house as well as your own smell attract hordes. That is a nice dilemma.

Will you leave your safe house to live in the woods till the wound is healed and then return to you safe house or what is left of it? Will you stay in your safe house till the wound is healed and deal with the threat of a horde if it then arrives? Will you go out and search for medication to prevent or treat an infection? Will you walk to an NPC doctor to treat you and do you have the stuff to negotiate with him? How about you have to go twice. First to find out what he wants and cause you didn't carry the right stuff the first time, walk home or go on a loot run to find the trade items to meet him a second time. This is fun!

How about some in-game hidden stashes. Find out by diaries, note on frig, or last 5 mins of cell phone battery life. Stuff like that...not everything should be on a shelf or in a box. :)

Also is everyone a farmer? I would have thought seeds would be a little harder to come by since I don't see vegetable gardens at every house. House with a lot of land would be more likely to have seeds, and maybe more of a variety (corn, cucumbers, etc.).

medical revamp

infections (medications to fix)

broken bones causes limping and a decrease in speed (splint to fix)makes jumping from buildings a rely bad option

stitching of deep wounds

bandages getting dirty and needing changing or risk of infection

medical skill (and cortamns medical being a have to mission)

new animations

new sound system with reverb (clyde)

a much needed system that ads yet more levels of depth that this game has been needing