Game starts

1.  In the beginning, you get a semi-random home depending on the proffession, not always a house, maybe not even a roof over your head, just a home you had the time.

2.  After you choose a proffesion, you'll have a choice, to either do the one thing the game would ever tell you to do, which is do what the proffesion is, and where they want you to do it.  Just to familiarize you with what you're supposed to know how to do.   

3.  However, if you don't need to, or don't want to, you don't have to, you could just start familiarizing yourself with the people, or the places around you, maybe find out who you'll befriend, rob, and/or kill.  Get an early start on your home fortification, or you could just go nuts and start raging on people before the chaos even hits (GTA style).  Or you could just roam or something.

From Order to Chaos and Back

1.  After the first day, panic hits, and the virus spreads within hours.

2. Since the game is already random with zombies, the timing of the full blown riot can vary.

3. As the riots continue from dusk till dawn and beyond, you'll see the zombie population growing, and your fellow human population dwindling right before your very eyes.

4. The military begins the quarantine, they set up outposts, they block the roads, they do sweeps on land and air, killing zombies and people alike, just taking orders.

The End Times

A.  With the military only able to do so much, the zombie populations around you continue to rapidly grow.

B.  With the military ordered to hold the line and shoot everything that moves, many of their outposts and road blocks quickly became low on ammunition and couldn't hold out, the quarantines failed.

C.  With quarantine, after quarantine failing, the panic now spread across the country, the people realizing their government could not protect them any longer, decided to revolt by taking what they wanted and needed and leaving, the government fell.

D.  The game would normally start here.

E.  With the military not getting orders from up high anymore, or getting fresh intel from central HQ, the military itself simply disbanded.

F.  Most soldiers decided to go there own way, they will become survivors just like you, but better equiped, and you will either befriend them, rob them, and/or kill them.

Extra Ideas

Aging.  With aging, you would be able to pick which age to start from, and depending on what age you are, there would be some extra buffs and debuffs to come with it. Plus, after a long time of this shit, zombies would eventually slow down, weaken, and then simply die from deterioration, the zombie population would eventually descend.

Dreams & Hallucinations.  Somehow, dreams and hallucinations have to be a thing in this game.

Love ya, PEACE!

The beginning part would be a confirmed no from the devs, unfortunately. It's mostly because coding a whole working civilization would take tremendous amounts of time and only add gameplay value for a few minutes.

According to the "backstory" the game starts about 2-5 weeks after the infection has hit and Muldraugh is quarantined by the military. So basically when the game starts we'll already be in stage 2.

Otherwise I think your 3rd stage pretty much sums up what is planned for the "story progression". We don't know yet how the military will react, but I'd bet they wouldn't all be friendly as you said.

On the 4th point:

A: Aging has been discussed quite a lot here and you should search for the topics if you'd want to know what people have said about it. I don't agree with the zombie population descending on it's own, just for the sake of gameplay. I like the idea that they'd outlive a single human being, but not generations. Otherwise it'd be just a quick plague imo and not that world changing, but that's just my opinion. Also, the game is: this is how you died, so you won't be surviving the apocalypse.

B: Hallucinations were in at one point (you'd see a zombie walking behind a corner when it wasn't really there) and will probably come back in some form once the devs get through with their planned mental health overhaul. Dunno about dreams, but I always loved the Elder scrolls pop up box that would sometimes show when you woke up, explaining your dream and situation. I do agree that dreams could be a thing, but I'm not sure if I'd rather have it as a mod. (that's actually a very good idea for a mod. :shock:)

C: "No profession" is there to be a blank slate. Not all jobless people can sleep anywhere and sleep less, or at least it seems a bit silly to me. I've been without a job or a profession for a year after finishing my high school, and I didn't have to crash at a friends place or sleep on the floor etc. And if I had, I wouldn't have slept any less because of it. It just means that you don't have a trained profession, eg a skillset that you've learned. This doesn't derive you from taking the regular traits, which you can use to mimic those perks that you mentioned if you want to roleplay a pad crashing, sleep derived, street fellow. I guess a homeless/bum "profession" could be an option, but still I'd just rather choose the no profession and make the effects with traits.

EDIT: Oh, and since you're pretty new here, welcome to the forums! We're glad to have ya!! (clyde) (clyde) (clyde)

EDIT2: And you should read this. ;)

Sorry for wasting your time about the beginning.

A.  But it takes like 15 years for the human body to fully deteriorate, and since these corpses are up and moving, you could just double that or something. And of course you can't survive it, i just thought if you could avoid being eaten, beaten, shot or whatever, you could attempt to die of old age or something, so if you can survive long enough, you could have a chance to die peacefully. But if the zombies can't die of deterioration, maybe just make them slower and weaker over long periods of time. So if I decided to take on the runners, a long period of time would pass, say, 10-15 years, and I would begin to see some shamblers, another 10-15 years, almost half the zombie population would be shamblers. I mean, what are they, super zombies? that don't weaken like we do at a really old age. And eventually, there should be an actual limit to the zombie population (if there isn't already), so when I clear an area, I can feel true satisfaction, like I'm really knocking out bricks from a giant wall, a wall I may never destroy in my lifetime, but I'd like to know I did some damage.

B.  Not just hallucinating zombies, some may hallucinate people, maybe some people could have voices in their heads, or times when your character can black out and have no control or memory of what they do until they come back, stuff like that.

C.  But you make a really good point on this one, and I totally agree, I concede this suggestion.

I'm sorry, but what i took out from the last bit (Unemployed trait perk) is basically ''Everyone that has no practical job either lives off his friends or sleeps on the streets''. Alot of people are unemployed and are falling down because of that, but still have a house. These people are practically dying with no experience for doing any job because they either had

-No money for school

-Had to leave school for work so they could maintain their family

-The school where they were in was very poor, thus hardening the learning experience to basically an unpassable wall of concrete.

-The funds for food the school had was about 30 cents per student.

-That 30 cent food was probably all they ate in a day.

-The minor part of the unemployed are the ones that didn't study because they were off drinking, taking drugs, left school so they could afford more money for their addictions, because there was no parent there to keep him from doing these things.

My mother is unemployed.

My grandmother (Yes, she is still alive. And she's freaking 80.Probably black magic.) is probably the only source of money for the family (The monies that the state gives her)

My dad works and hands me no more than 25$ per month (I am not talking about AR$, but US$), but that really reeks up, as i can buy one of those delicious instant noodles for 1,17$ :3333

I am unemployed because i have (obviously) not the required age for legal work.

And are we any of us living off friends or sleeping on the streets? Nope. I have a computer, a PS3, a respetable bed, kitchen, bathroom, etc.

Unemployed =/= Homeless.

Well, that's only my point of view. I think unemployed should have a perk, yes, but not one that could raise any hate. Maybe a faster learning rate? That would come in handy (Not too OP please).

I'm sorry, but what i took out from the last bit (Unemployed trait perk) is basically ''Everyone that has no practical job either lives off his friends or sleeps on the streets''. Alot of people are unemployed and are falling down because of that, but still have a house. These people are practically dying with no experience for doing any job because they either had

-No money for school

-Had to leave school for work so they could maintain their family

-The school where they were in was very poor, thus hardening the learning experience to basically an unpassable wall of concrete.

-The funds for food the school had was about 30 cents per student.

-That 30 cent food was probably all they ate in a day.

-The minor part of the unemployed are the ones that didn't study because they were off drinking, taking drugs, left school so they could afford more money for their addictions, because there was no parent there to keep him from doing these things.

My mother is unemployed.

My grandmother (Yes, she is still alive. And she's freaking 80.Probably black magic.) is probably the only source of money for the family (The monies that the state gives her)

My dad works and hands me no more than 25$ per month (I am not talking about AR$, but US$), but that really reeks up, as i can buy one of those delicious instant noodles for 1,17$ :3333

I am unemployed because i have (obviously) not the required age for legal work.

And are we any of us living off friends or sleeping on the streets? Nope. I have a computer, a PS3, a respetable bed, kitchen, bathroom, etc.

Unemployed =/= Homeless.

Well, that's only my point of view. I think unemployed should have a perk, yes, but not one that could raise any hate. Maybe a faster learning rate? That would come in handy (Not too OP please).

Wow, I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to be offensive, I was more just throwing out an idea to get the wheels turning, I guess I should have thought harder about that one, I sincerely apologize.  Plus, I just went ahead and got rid of that point. Since we all agree, it was bad point.  Sorry about that.

I was wondering, are there any plans for attributes apart from more skills? You know, kind of like the way Elder Scrolls did it, where you could level up each skill individually to add a good chunk to it, while you can also be leveling up your attributes to bring up the power to each raw ability your body has, and also to add little bits of experience to each of the skills the attribute influences. Because so far, the closest thing we have to attributes are just some of the traits we start off with, it's very short term, because right now there's no way for those traits to get better or worse. In my opinion, an update like this, is eventually a must. But absolutely no rush, take your time (if you don't already), I always want games to be made with quality, not haste. But I fucking LOVE you guys for making this game, this is becoming more and more of what I've always wanted in a zombie survival game, and I really appreciate the attention, peace.

Some wounds should make you have to fall down and stay down, to the point where you might have to crawl to where you're going, depending on your condition. Which could bring an actual use for the doctor profession, skills, and equipment needed for these types of problems, but I'm sure you were already thinking of that, I just had to mention the falling down thing. And sitting down on the ground could be helpful, just in case there are no chairs, couches, or beds to sit on, we can still rest our very sore feet wherever we are. And sore feet should be a thing, we should get pain in our feet from walking and running too much. And let us kick or even ram open doors somehow, that would be killer. If I post anything else, I'll probably just start a new topic, this one is starting to trail off from my original topic. I love you guys, peace.

Some wounds should make you have to fall down and stay down, to the point where you might have to crawl to where you're going, depending on your condition. Which could bring an actual use for the doctor profession, skills, and equipment needed for these types of problems, but I'm sure you were already thinking of that, I just had to mention the falling down thing. And sitting down on the ground could be helpful, just in case there are no chairs, couches, or beds to sit on, we can still rest our very sore feet wherever we are. And sore feet should be a thing, we should get pain in our feet from walking and running too much. And let us kick or even ram open doors somehow, that would be killer. If I post anything else, I'll probably just start a new topic, this one is starting to trail off from my original topic. I love you guys, peace.

Have you played Mount and Blade? Maybe a similar skill to Surgery (Decreases chances of being knocked inconscious instead of dying of 4% per level) could be added. Willpower?