Web Public Server List/Browser

Brybry

So, I made a public server/browser list that's compiled from the public server list and the steam API.

You can see it at http://pz.archspace.org/

If you do not want the bot to pull details from your server then add Robots=Disallow to your servertest.ini (or $servername.ini)

You can also kick or ban the user PubServerBot from your server and it will eventually get removed. Optionally send me a message or post in this thread.

Almost every server is actually flagged 'public' but a couple of popular servers weren't flagged and I was unsure if I should keep them or not.

Post-steamworks integration the above no longer applies.

You can click an active server and get more details including recent players, server options, mods, etc.

The website is very much so an in-development product and mostly a learning exercise for node.js and jquery. It might blow up.

So, I made a public server/browser list that's mostly compiled from the old public server list and from scraping the forums and checked using a custom pz client/bot.

It doesn't list whitelisted servers (though if there's a demand for that then I could maybe do that in the future.)

You can see it at http://pz.archspace.org/

If you do not want your server to show up on that list then ban the user PubServerBot from your server and it will eventually get removed. Optionally send me a message or post in this thread.

Almost every server is actually flagged 'public' but a couple of popular servers weren't flagged and I was unsure if I should keep them or not.

I need to do a lot of work on the UI still and at the moment submitting servers is not enabled for the general public. I'm not really sure if it ever will be, we'll see.

Things that will probably come will be a listing of mods/maps and the various options on the servers and a redo of how players are displayed (you can click an active server and get a player list but it's ugly!)

Other ideas I've been kicking around would be letting admins set custom options server.ini to control how often the bot connects/what it does when it connects/etc.

The website is very much so an in-development product and mostly a learning exercise for node.js and jquery. It might blow up.

Hmmm.... How u get online players stats - dynamic? PZ dont support server querry protocol..

Best regards, admin gamecoma.ru.

Hmmm.... How u get online players stats - dynamic? PZ dont support server querry protocol..

I made my own node.js raknet client and have it connect to the servers periodically to get the data.

heh.. nice :)

Can u add API for server admin, to get online stats?

Thanks, Zyros!

If anyone installs mods on a public server put a link in the mod.info for the mod where users can get information on the mod or download it.

For example:

name=Latched Doorposter=latchedDoor.pngdescription=Latched Door Modurl=http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/10627-latched-doors-and-keys/id=latchedDoor

Then it'll show up like this in the list:

post-3135-0-20293500-1411620037_thumb.pn

I've temporarily disabled the bot/scraping until I can figure out an issue where old connections from the bot show up even though there is no active connection.

The list should still accurately reflect the in-game list it just might not have correct player names/options/etc

Edit: I couldn't figure out all of the issues but in the quest for new data and progress I've made it so the bot will only connect once per day for full connections and then more frequently for player/scoreboard updates.

Then I'll just monitor and keep a close eye on logs for ghost connections on servers.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Nicely done, we've been using this to monitor our server. Haven't ever seen our server show player names though, anything special we can do?

Hello,

there is an option to set on the server to view the connected users and options from the site?

At the moment I periodically add populated servers to be crawled for users/options. I intend to automate it, I just haven't gotten around to it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It seems that a lot of servers have disappeared from the list.

Yeah, sorry about that. There was a bug where I would lose connection to steam and stop updating.

I'm going to give it a little love this coming week and improve the performance and add some filters. When I originally made it there weren't the 400(!) servers there are now.

It seems that a lot of servers have disappeared from the list.

Yeah, sorry about that. There was a bug where I would lose connection to steam and stop updating.

I'm going to give it a little love this coming week and improve the performance and add some filters. When I originally made it there weren't the 400(!) servers there are now.

The ultimate proof that hosting has become much easier. :-|