Aaron1snell

hi, what if there was a mod that when you spawn ingame you actually wake up in the zombie apocalypse ? you hear glass break, guns going off, people screaming, you go outside and your neighbors are dying, killing one another . you first hand experience the start ! of course this would be when NPCs are added.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I typed this up when I was using a on-screen keyboard, so I didnt really add details. 

The developers said : "There will never be a -before the outbreak- added, nor will it tell you how."

But by waking up as the apocolypse is starting, breaks no rules. 
If you have watched dawn of the dead, and how the zombie outbreak started then I imagine it would be similiar. 

Neighbors, slaughtering other out of fear, of the unknown you can either try to break up fights, start some, or just run.

The NPCs could refer to that day as "Day Zero". And if you started fights, or  broke them up could help them decide what kind of person; leader; you are. 

Every ounce or respect, for some NPCs could be from that day. I think that would be very fun, if I do say so myself.

• 5 months later...

I like that idea very much. It could be an option like in the Sandbox options menu '8 months after the outbreak'. It would also be awesome if when you select that option, you could select if you have a family or something. Like spawn in with a brother, or a wife / girlfriend or husband / boyfriend. You would be more cheered up around them and theyd trust + follow you and obey you the most. It would be pretty awesome to survive with such for a long time and then have them die infront of you, it would make you really want revenge against whoever killed her and you would be filled with depression and anger.

Sounds like a really interesting idea. It would also help to randomise the state of the game world, the conditions of doors and windows, etc. Not to mention seeing a bunch of dead survivors around that re-animate around you.

It also makes a lot more sense in comparison to just spawning in a home in the thick of the situation. Adds a nice bit of backstory to it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...