Steam Beta Release - 23rd Aug 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

lemmy101

So wait, there has been a patch\fix for the issue with loading savegames? I've been waiting for one for a while now but it was never mentioned and Steam didn't do anything either. So I have to manually update by re-installing the game then? Kinda curious because Steam normally does these updates automatically...

So wait, there has been a patch\fix for the issue with loading savegames? I've been waiting for one for a while now but it was never mentioned and Steam didn't do anything either. So I have to manually update by re-installing the game then? Kinda curious because Steam normally does these updates automatically...

You can disable automatic updates if you like.

If your crash is just the black screen and blood thing, you'll be fine. Though, I seem to remember yours being something a bit more special, neh?

Automatic updates are active, actually. No idea if I got any update btw, Steam doesn't show anything on update history. And well, my main issue has been black screen and that blood thing upon reloading saves, along with some lag spikes, but eh, since my saves so far are all bogus now anyway, might as well re-install and see what it does. 

Quick question, has loading a saved game resulting in not being able to see been fixed? The black screen, I tried with server new games with the steam version and every time I can't recover my game because los is not working.

I just didn't see anything of it mentioned in the known issues or fixed issue list, but I know it's been a thing since reporting it last week and others having the same trouble from what I remember.

And if not, could it be that I need to just reinstall the whole thing? It's getting to the point where I don't want to start a game because I know I can't continue playing once I quit.

Edit:

I feel dumb, I flipped through the few last pages and found some more details to my predicament, carry on.

Edit 2:

Solution suggestions did not solve my problems, unless my old saves are now just permanently screwed over from the bug, I haven't tried making a new game and or loading it, old saves los still persists.

Edit 3:

Tried starting a quick new game, issue persists. Whelp.

Edited by Outragedparker

Quick question, has loading a saved game resulting in not being able to see been fixed? The black screen, I tried with server new games with the steam version and every time I can't recover my game because los is not working.

I have the same issue with my saves. I must say its a pain not being able to run a proper game anymore. :???:

I have the same issue with my saves. I must say its a pain not being able to run a proper game anymore. :???:

That moment when you notice an error in your post some 4 hours later.... tried with several* new games.

Yeah every time I feel well off I can't continue at all, it's quite disheartening :(.