Steam Beta Release - 23rd Aug 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

lemmy101

Another thing with crawling zombies is the character's attack priority needs to be fixed. When motionless zombies are alive on the ground next to attacking crawling zombies my character will go after the passive zombies first instead of the more lethal attacking crawlers.

Crawlers can easily scratch you now. I found one in a house and when I stood in front of him he did a little twitch and I got scratched instantly instead of getting that few second escape before you get bit/scratched by a crawler.

Forget what I said. I tried fighting another one and it didn't happen. Must have been bad timing for me or something. Anyway, is it normal to find Cooking for Beginners, Expert Farming, Master Carpentry, and Master Cooking in one bookshelf? I mean it might mean I just found a special house or something. Or I may be misunderstanding and all these books are worth nothing.

Edited by fireglobe109

So, how do I launch x64 mode on steam?

It seems to be automatically starting up x32 instead.

Because you choose beta .17 on steam.

Uncheck beta and you'll download .16 with x32 and x64 exe's ;)

Doesn't matter. Future versions will likely not include both options, not that an intrepid someone couldn't add the necessary libraries and write a bat . . .

so many bugs ,one and another,it's not project zombie,it‘s project bugs

dude its alpha and a forum update it will have bugs tell the ppl who make the game the bugs and they'll fix them if you want a stable version with little bugs go back to 2.9.9.10

7 days is also alpha ,it has little bugs。i have delete project zombie 16 and 17。 it’s not worth palying yet(pool english)even 2.9.9.10 has so many bugs  that i can't go on。for example the crop

dude its alpha and a forum update it will have bugs tell the ppl who make the game the bugs and they'll fix them if you want a stable version with little bugs go back to 2.9.9.10

7 days is also alpha ,it has little bugs。i have delete project zombie 16 and 17。 it’s not worth palying yet(pool english)even 2.9.9.10 has so many bugs  that i can't go on。for example the crop

If you've found 10 so bad, then I suspect it'll be a very long time before you're happy with this project.

I'm sorry about that.

Still, simply expressing that there are so many bugs that the game is unplayable isn't helpful. If anything, it's rather depressing and defeating. We try to avoid that around here -- or at least we try to encourage constructive criticism of the game's current state.

If you're uncomfortable with the amount of bugs, I suggest taking a couple-months away from the game. Maybe wait until the next major release? No doubt there'll be new, more sleek and sexy bugs, but the game does evolve.

7 days to die has very little features aswell comparing to Project Zomboid. And multiplayer there is bugged to the point of unplayable. Do you see me going to their forums and complaint? No, I'll just wait until it's more stable and more featureful.

HelloWhere do I get a Beta access key?To enter on this screen:5iw5Lqc.jpgThis is after getting the Steam key from Desura and installing the game.Thanks

You don't. This is for internal test builds. To get the forum test builds, simply chose the normal beta from the dropdown. You won't need a password for that one.

I can confirm sheet-ropes not working properly on crafted windows; I built a walled off area, created a second floor above the wall, built a window facing east, then tried to place a sheet-rope but my character ran downstairs and placed it on a normal crafted wall on the bottom floor instead, I also couldn't place a sheet over the window.

The corners of crafted walls that face south east have a large gap that can be walked through from the inside but not the outside. 

Sometimes there are random areas that crafted things such as floorboards can not be placed on even when there is nothing visually blocking the square, I have been able to place floorboards in those same places on different characters.

Previous builds don't work for me on steam for me, tried .16 . New games will work though

Steam doesn't have any previous builds. Do you perhaps mean that saves created with previous versions don't load on the Steam versio

Well yeah that's what I said, previous builds prior to steam don't work, gotta start a anew game. Also when you close down project zomboid and try and start it back up again it says you gotta close project zomboid before you start another game or something. Task manager and shutting down conime.exe seems to do the trick

Ok this save has become unplayable. I start it and it loads i take a few steps and crash. Here are the Errors

8dhd.png

n44i.png

gu0w.png

u59c.png

lkf0.png

The crashes started with a plane flying overhead. Im Playing Build 17 on Steam Win 7 64bit Java 7.25 32 and 64.No Mods installed Fresh install from last crash i had.

Here is the save file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jzq3u3a3pha5qg/Lunis_crash_crash_crash_crash.rar

HelloWhere do I get a Beta access key?To enter on this screen:5iw5Lqc.jpgThis is after getting the Steam key from Desura and installing the game.Thanks

You don't. This is for internal test builds. To get the forum test builds, simply chose the normal beta from the dropdown. You won't need a password for that one.

i tried the normal beta it didn't work said wrong pass but im still on .17 so guess im using it already?

Seeing all these bugs in the comments, I'm really apprehensive about downloading this build.

I don't want to destroy my save, so I think I'll just wait for .18 ...

Generally if you don't want to destroy your saves 1) make backups before running new versions 2) stay on the stable version, the forum test builds are test builds for a reason.