Steam Beta Release - 23rd Aug 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

lemmy101

So is the final release of this build will be posted here like usual? because honestly I don't have Steam.

Hard to say at the moment . . . anything posted here through AWS directly costs them money.

Well, that's a shame :(.

How about in Desura? I might try and download Desura if it is less hassle than Steam.

So is the final release of this build will be posted here like usual? because honestly I don't have Steam.

Hard to say at the moment . . . anything posted here through AWS directly costs them money.

Well, that's a shame :(.

How about in Desura? I might try and download Desura if it is less hassle than Steam.

Desura doesn't cost them. It just has a bit of a "delay" when adding stuff to it.

It really depends on whether 17 is going to be the "new" stable version when complete, or they're going to move to 18 or something else after this. They might not, but I'm just telling you this in case it happens.

Why when i try to change the start's data and the hour to begin and I start to play the game nothing is changed?

this never worked as for now. or at least i experienced it since build .10. I always started in sandbox mode and made the starting month january, but it is always around august. :cool:

but the same with character customization. right now, i can only play with random character presets. i mean, i can change the name, but not body type and/or skin/hair color. is it just me? :???:

I'm sure all these issues are already known but I will post them anyway just in case:

Seeing some odd render issues and the game gets quite laggy, often I will be running and approach large black squares that slowly load the map up.

Had a random crash that deleted my character on a sandbox save, I loaded the save back up and had to make a new character; zombies were everywhere despite saving the setting to be on low before the first crash and they were all set back to the default settings so that they could detect me from quite a large distance and run after me. Played on that for perhaps 10 to 15 minutes and as I was running back towards my safe house zombies stopped spawning altogether followed by a second crash a minute or so later.

Not seeing a bonus after eating food any more, but at least the negative effects are still going away after eating. 

Various containers around the map are harder to interact with now, particularly fridges and some counters.

Mods that create items also no longer appear in game despite everything being in order with the correct folders.

Some sheet-ropes instantly kill you if placed on a window that has a roof below them; the sheet-rope will appear on the first floor as if it were dangling through the roof, a good example of this is using a sheet-rope with the north window inside the bedroom with the double bed on the second floor of the house closest to the train station in the north east. Sometimes I see the character appear in the foreground with the object behind him, like a sheet on a south-side window will not fade out of view with the rest of the window and will instead be behind the character even though the character can not see outside that same window, this happens regularly in the same house I mentioned earlier.

Somewhat often containers will no longer let you transfer or interact with items inside them, including the inventory, the only way to fix it that I have found (without restarting) is to right click an interactable object in the map and use it, like opening/closing a door or window with the right click menu. There is a similar bug that stops you from being able to interact with world objects using the right click menu, but when you press ESC twice (open and closing the menu), it fixes it.

Item condition bars are not displayed in the correct area and appear higher than the object, so it can be a bit confusing at times.

Right-click menus often go outside the screen which can make interacting in inventories to be an annoyance, also if you move the inventory and loot windows/tabs then hit the side of the screen they will get stuck to the mouse pointer, can be fixed by spazzing the hell out and clicking everything/button-mashing.

I think the sandbox settings not saving and the slow loading/random crashes are probably the most annoying, but other than those issues I am quite enjoying the new build and am pretty happy to see PZ finally on Steam with simple and quick updates. Awesome work, TIS! :D

Now your a very helpful person, ain't ya?

Or, you could just tell me and spare me the other 15 minutes it would take for me to find it. Instead of being smug about it. If you don't wanna help, you could just ignore posting.

EDIT: Though now I found it, and to help all the others looking for it click this link: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1382-steam-keys/#entry20749

(Now that wouldn't have been so hard, would it?)

Wait, how do you activate the game on steam? Or can you? Tried searching this thread but didn't find it. :S

I know how to activate a/the Beta so that's not what I mean.

Try harder.

If you don't have anything useful to say ... just stay quiet.

Now your a very helpful person, ain't ya?

Or, you could just tell me and spare me the other 15 minutes it would take for me to find it. Instead of being smug about it. If you don't wanna help, you could just ignore posting.

I think what you are looking for is this:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1382-

Try clicking on the pistol and selecting reload.   I have mine reloaded.  And a shotgun.    Normally it's R as well iirc.

I tried, It will play the progress bar once over the characters head and nothing. I just have a magazine in inventory with a question mark, and no ammo in pistol. Tried on easy, normal, and hardcore. Same result. I have 100 rounds too.

Try clicking on the pistol and selecting reload.   I have mine reloaded.  And a shotgun.    Normally it's R as well iirc.

I tried, It will play the progress bar once over the characters head and nothing. I just have a magazine in inventory with a question mark, and no ammo in pistol. Tried on easy, normal, and hardcore. Same result. I have 100 rounds too.

You mean the ammo has a (?) for an icon?  Sounds like the ammo item got bugged in between saves or the like.  If you see the progress bar, that means the reload manager thinks it is reloading.  

You mean the ammo has a (?) for an icon?  Sounds like the ammo item got bugged in between saves or the like.  If you see the progress bar, that means the reload manager thinks it is reloading.  

The magazine has the ?. Basically, I hit R and the magazine gets added to my inventory. From there I can't do anything. The magazine will not accept bullets or get reinserted into the firearm.

Issues:

Sheet ropes arent working.    Even on buildings with a straight wall down they are dropped down inside the building rather than outside.   Will insta-kill you.      Tried it on the southern bar's east facing 2cd story window.   Rope ends up in the bathroom.

Tried it again elsewhere and checked the sheet rope's appearance first.   It appeared to reach the ground correctly this time.  I climbed it from outside and the character did most of it correctly and then stood in midair at the top and climbed the wrong direction (not into the window), then fell and died.

Skill books will allow you to level up beyond their expertise level as long as you don't put a skill point into the skill.    For example just read the beginners cooking book then continually cook without putting points into the skill.   You'll get the multiplier all the way up through higher levels.  

The magazine has the ?. Basically, I hit R and the magazine gets added to my inventory. From there I can't do anything. The magazine will not accept bullets or get reinserted into the firearm.

Just confirmed the shotgun does the same minus the magazine....Cannot reload even with 100s of rounds in main inventory.