Steam Beta Release - 23rd Aug 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

lemmy101

It's only just occurred to me. Zombies have to be knocked down before they can be killed. That's why they never die by a single blow to the head, e.g. by a baseball bat or a pistol round. It's almost as if they have two states, standing and prone. They can only be killed whilst prone.

You should make it so there's a chance for standing zombies to be able to be killed without going into the prone/dormant state.

So is this technically 'Released', or still 'Upcoming'? Sorry if I sound stupid, it's just that I noticed things like:

• Reduced the chance for a zombie to become a crawler when you hit him.
And was wondering if this addition was applied to the Beta released an hour ago, because I still encountered the bug on the first Steam build. Zombies never dying by one shot, always being dormant instead.

That is likely not on there. The version of 17 that's on there is really just a rough beta version, so not all features are there as Lemmy has already pointed out.

So is this technically 'Released', or still 'Upcoming'? Sorry if I sound stupid, it's just that I noticed things like:

• Reduced the chance for a zombie to become a crawler when you hit him.

And was wondering if this addition was applied to the Beta released an hour ago, because I still encountered the bug on the first Steam build. Zombies never dying by one shot, always being dormant instead.

As I said earlier, this is 17(d) . . . well . . . now 17(ultra-tron-mega-able-baker), but it's still not "Released."

I noticed an odd issue in the steam build

http://i.imgur.com/8kDF0Ez.jpg

(besides the obvious issue of the road showing up) The pattern of black gaps in the road look somewhat like the pattern that teleported crops seem to follow.  

If I had to guess, I'd say that teleporting crops, invisible walls and perhaps this are all related.  Some issue with terrain streaming I'd bet.

Played it for a few minutes.   Didnt have any slow downs.   Fraps showed rates in my normal range.

Possible bug (win 32):

Ate everything in my inventory (quite a bit of stuff)  to recover from a wound and never got a moodle for being fed.     Light eater character.

Of interest:

Found two bags of concrete in my first five minutes.

Played it for a few minutes.   Didnt have any slow downs.   Fraps showed rates in my normal range.

Possible bug (win 32):

Ate everything in my inventory (quite a bit of stuff)  to recover from a wound and never got a moodle for being fed.     Light eater character.

Of interest:

Found two bags of concrete in my first five minutes.

Were you sick or infected?

When you're sick, I don't know if you're vomitting or just burning up food with a fever, but the fed moodle doesn't stick for more than a couple seconds.

Side note of interest: if you're fully fed, your healing rate counteracts your zombification rate. So, when you're turning into a zombie, you can survive indefinitely... so long as you CONSUME EVERYTHING.

I can't even run Steam.. :( It has to update (90+MB) and every time my internet freezes for a second the download cancels out and I have to restart the download :(, starting over because it doesn't save what it already downloaded..

Anyone know of a different way I can update it?

Just had a Crash in .17 running my crafting nails,Jerky and Zspawn mod to test if my mods work and i got a crash. I was just running around and boom.

Running windows 7 64 bit, java 7

System Specs

CPU:       Intel Core i7 3930k 6 core OC @4,5Ghz

Mobi:      ASRock X79 Extreme11 LGA 2011 Intel X79

RAM:      32 GB DDR3 at 2400Mhz of CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GBx2)  16gb RAM Disk

GPU:      3x EVGA ACX Cooler GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-bit GDDR5

Im running it on my Ram Disk not my SSD.

This is the 1st time since i started playing i have ever crashed.

8dhd.png

Bag equipped on my back still resets when i unequipped another bag or restart the game.

Other then the Bag and crash issue the game is running flawlessly.

I can't even run Steam.. :( It has to update (90+MB) and every time my internet freezes for a second the download cancels out and I have to restart the download :(, starting over because it doesn't save what it already downloaded..

Anyone know of a different way I can update it?

Never mind, :( I paid the measly $25 I pay monthly for my cell phone to restart my month early so I can get my bandwidth cap removed, so I can actually download with it tethered (which is against the phones TOA :D)

Nice to be able to play it on Steam.    I quite like the new bag system.   Makes it a choice to carry two bags in hand for heavy lifting or keeping a weapon out

Bugs(?): Win32

Fed moodles don't seem to be appearing

Large hiking bags might be negating all weight.  I have one in hand and one on back,  fully loaded.  Total carry weight 4 / 16

Large hiking bag on on back being unequipped by save/reload.   But one in the hand stayed in my hand.

tooltip info for professions during character creation display "/n" characters

Had one sheet rope death going out a south facing 2cd floor window.   Lower part of rope was sightly in the buildilng.

i noticed, that every windows that are behind the wall, like on a shadow side, is not clickable or cant interact when using right click on it.
when right clicking on it, only "Walk to" is the only option.
i tried click on different corner/edges of the windows, still no window option.....

Hit detection for crawling attacking zombies needs to be fixed. A crawler will be attacking me, but when I attack with any weapon I'm not hitting anything. For example I'll have a Kitch3n Knife and attack like 4-6 times before I connect and I'm standing right of top of him. With the way it currently is they're way over powered and I've been bitten way too many times when there was no reason I should have. I'm at the point where I don't even bother and avoid them they're that unbalanced.