Steam Beta Release - 23rd Aug 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

lemmy101

...wait...if we trust only him...and he said don't trust anyone...err.....

Famous last words

But what if you're collateral damage?

It's always better with collateral damage.

you're evil

Is most of the new stuff in the Steam version, aside from the languages? Thanks!

This is moreso a copy of 17(d), not the full 17 yet, hence "upcoming."

Okay, good. There are quite a few bugs, one of them that makes the game unplayable is whenever you reload a pistol or shotgun you are unable to move any items in or out of the inventory. Nor can you equip items or move them in and out of bags inside your inventory, you may not craft any items either. but you can still run around opening doors and windows using the E key.

Edit: This is in normal mode, not safe mode.

Edit 2: I have the mod enabled.

Invisible walls are definitely a big issue. My first game on the Steam version and I got stuck against an invisible wall after about 20 mins. It locked my character into a 1*1 square so I couldn't do anything. :/ (Luckily it went away when I reloaded :3)

I'm also hoping that the gun problem is fixed soon (Currently impossible to headshot [kill] any zombie with a gun, no matter how many times you shoot) and that housing issues get sorted out (Tables blocking doors, climbing in a window; getting trapped in cupboard, etc. etc.).

I like the upgrade to the backpack system though - makes a lot more sense now. :P

EDIT: On the steam version I cant get any positive hunger moodles. Not sure if its a bug or not, but I ate several food items after one another and it didn't change anything. Negative ones still go away when I eat, but no matter how much a character eats there aren't any benefits (for healing or otherwise).

It launched as usual, didn't appear to download anything else. Restarted Steam but nothing to download.

I'll try reinstalling the game, maybe that'll do it. What additions have you made to this new update? I could check to see if any fixes are indeed fixed. 

One big element of getting the game on the Steam servers is it'll make updating the equivalent of the forum builds for free, frequently and only requiring 10-100k or so uploads and downloads, much easier and quicker. This will make the process of getting the game ready over the next weeks a ton easier and make the turn around of fixes much higher. Once we get a stable build on Steam, we'll update on Desura, and then the process will be a beta release, that is followed by simultaneous submission to Desura and release on main Steam branch.

Sorry, but Steam is on all three platforms so for the massive benefit to the release of test builds we hope everyone understands if we insist upon using Steam for this.  :)

One big element of getting the game on the Steam servers is it'll make updating the equivalent of the forum builds for free, frequently and only requiring 10-100k or so uploads and downloads, much easier and quicker. This will make the process of getting the game ready over the next weeks a ton easier and make the turn around of fixes much higher. Once we get a stable build on Steam, we'll update on Desura, and then the process will be a beta release, that is followed by simultaneous submission to Desura and release on main Steam branch.

Sorry, but Steam is on all three platforms so for the massive benefit to the release of test builds we hope everyone understands if we insist upon using Steam for this.  :)

Totally makes sense, can't imagine what your AWS bill has looked like over the last few weeks.

hello RobertJohnson,

thank you for your advice. but im unable tu run unofficial version for some reason. dont know how to install it properly. replace original folder, or playing from another directory? i tried both possibilities with no luck.

it would be helpful (for new players as me) adding some readme file with install instructions to every unofficial version.

im now 27+ days in survival now. but its tough with official desura version. no water barrels, no farming. everything except that and creating rope from sheets is fine.

is it possible, that old official desura save is not compactible with new version?

Install anywhere, it should still find your saves. However, I went from desura version (2.9.9.10) to the current forum build (2.9.9.16) and while the saves were recognized, they weren't compatible (black screen when loading). I played my last .10 desura build character until she died then made a new one on .16.

thank you for the info. so incompactibility of the saves is probably my problem.

So is this technically 'Released', or still 'Upcoming'? Sorry if I sound stupid, it's just that I noticed things like:

• Reduced the chance for a zombie to become a crawler when you hit him.

And was wondering if this addition was applied to the Beta released an hour ago, because I still encountered the bug on the first Steam build. Zombies never dying by one shot, always being dormant instead.