Steam Beta Release - 23rd Aug 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

lemmy101

The instakill stuff is part of Xmod, under the WIP forum.  Samurai / Ronin's instakill with any melee weapon.  Hitmen instakill with any ranged.  "GoodWithEverything" and "CrackedShot" traits respectively.

I'm unlikely to release it as a separate mod until after 9.17 or beyond, not really in the habit of spending time coding stuff that Lemmy/RobertJohnson might be working on, and hence doing better than what I'd release, in the next build.  

No.

Do you regularly erase the saved games in %username\zomboid? (C:\users\EG\zomboid, if you're on Windows)?

If not, you could be over-writing or loading old saves unintentionally.

Yes, I'm on Windows and I never touch that folder you mentioned, so is it better to erase my saved games there?

Yes.

I have to say that helped me very much. Zero crashes since i've done this. Thanks.

do my carrots still run away ? 

You love them too greatly.

They're carrots, not puppies, man!

i meant to say do crops still teleport around i saved my game came back and my farm was gone! and i found bits and peices of the farm all over teh world 

[New Stuff]

• Option to turn on/off multi-core rendering (defaults off for single core/linux)

Hello guys

In one of these latest updates, my computer is no longer able to run this game, it starts getting slow in part of choosing the character's abilities (no crashes where you choose the hair and others)

It is not very powerful and runs with some lag, but runs. Does anyone have any idea what is happening?

Thank you guys! :lol:

[New Stuff]

• Option to turn on/off multi-core rendering (defaults off for single core/linux)

Hello guys

In one of these latest updates, my computer is no longer able to run this game, it starts getting slow in part of choosing the character's abilities (no crashes where you choose the hair and others)

It is not very powerful and runs with some lag, but runs. Does anyone have any idea what is happening?

Thank you guys! :lol:

slow computer?

Farming is not fixed in 2.9.9.17 ?

I dont whant to play without.

Because it's not very funny when you realize after 3 weeks of game-time that everything is gone (corps)

I have to agree.

It's a real shame when all of your crops just go away like that.

You can't play end-game without it because food sources become scarce. 

we had build .11 up to .15 in a week practically.  A week after .16 came out.  I know i am a bit impatient but why so long for this .17.  The only big thing to be fixed in it, was the water related bugs, barrels and sinks, for the rest you (devs) should have postponed the rest for a .18 build. 

Don't know what people say about disappearing farms, cause i didn't see that happening since .15,  but because of the barrels not giving water back i didn't even bother farming in .16

@XxbarakasxX.  I understand what you saying but to actually see the crops it's in itself a new challenge.  57 days for cabbage and radish, and 150 for the rest. So my point is that farming is not that game braking as the water related bugs e.g. which btw are already in fixed and named in the change log.

So is the sheet rope not implemented yet or is it just a bug? I've tried installing one in the 2nd floor but with no avail. Or am I doing it completely wrong?

You need a hammer + 1 nail to install on a window.

So keen for next update, got back into this game recently after playing the baldspot tutorial years ago and completely stoked about the progress so far, cheers indiestone!

So is the sheet rope not implemented yet or is it just a bug? I've tried installing one in the 2nd floor but with no avail. Or am I doing it completely wrong?

You need a hammer + 1 nail to install on a window.

So keen for next update, got back into this game recently after playing the baldspot tutorial years ago and completely stoked about the progress so far, cheers indiestone!

I agree completely...... -1 hammer :P

i've tried almost everything, but i also cant add a sheetrope to a window... 

i've seen in someones video how it would look like if it works. But i NEVER get the context menu point "add sheet rope"... 

who can help?

(had a hammer & nail + sheetrope... tried clicking 300x times around a window, tried a few different windows)

Never tried in Vanilla, so could it be that a mod destroyed this function?

i've tried almost everything, but i also cant add a sheetrope to a window... 

i've seen in someones video how it would look like if it works. But i NEVER get the context menu point "add sheet rope"... 

who can help?

(had a hammer & nail + sheetrope... tried clicking 300x times around a window, tried a few different windows)

Never tried in Vanilla, so could it be that a mod destroyed this function?

I never realised it while watching your videos but now it suddenly is pretty clear... it is my sleeping overhaul mod because that overwrites the vanilla context menus (to deactivate vanilla sleeping). I didn't get around to update it, but I will provide a fix later today.

What I can suggest for the moment is backing up your save files and deleting the Sleeping Overhaul folders. This should restore all settings without damaging your safe.

You need to have the hammer equipped primary, and nails as secondary.

All you need, to add a SheetRope to a window, is [2 x SheetRope] & [1 x Nails] in your inventory. You don't need to equip anything..... even IF that were the case (which its not) the game would equip the required items automatically as it does when you are barricading a window.....

Other than that, if your having problems, it must be because a mod is conflicting with vanilla.... Like RoboMat said

EDIT:

SheetRopes can't be placed on player made windows until 2.9.9.17

Other than the extremely rare "Insta-Death" or "SheetRope to Heaven", SheetRopes have been working fine since 2.9.9.15

I have to say, as much as I loved this game the first 2 weeks since I've played it I'm putting it to rest until NPC's are implemented. It's just flat and uninteresting without any survivors. Are you guys still a long way from putting them into the game because yesterday I saw a video of how you guys improved the NPC movement and they looked pretty fine to me. :???:

I'm not sure if I should count this as a bug, but cabbage growth time is really short compared to my other crops. I've been growing carrots for a whole month (still kept growing) and in the middle of the month I placed a bunch of other crops including cabbages, and that was the only crop that grew within a few days or so. I'm not complaining though. Makes my life much easier :)

I was wondering if anyone knows or if a dev can give me an estimate on when this version is going to be released as I am wanting to fix the rain collection barrels but I don't want to spend hours finding the bug and fixing it if this version that has the bug fix is going to be coming out soon

I was wondering if anyone knows or if a dev can give me an estimate on when this version is going to be released as I am wanting to fix the rain collection barrels but I don't want to spend hours finding the bug and fixing it if this version that has the bug fix is going to be coming out soon

Latest Mondoid blog post mentioned it's likely to be out after the language support is in.

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2013/09/whats-steam-in-russian/