Steam Beta Release - 23rd Aug 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

lemmy101

Is there something I can subscribe to so that I can be emailed when new forum builds are available?

There is no notification method, unfortunately.

Ah well he could "follow this thread" (by clicking the follow button at the top) ... most of the time the devs will post a reply once it is released.

Is there something I can subscribe to so that I can be emailed when new forum builds are available?

There is no notification method, unfortunately.

Ah well he could "follow this thread" (by clicking the follow button at the top) ... most of the time the devs will post a reply once it is released.

Assuming he has it set to email him as you do, yes. :D

It would be handy to have though, I wonder if the forum software has a feature somewhere deep inside for it? You'd subscribe to a forum, and only get notified on new threads started, not on new posts.

You can already do that (subscribe to forums I mean)

The problem is that "Upcoming Threads" are only edited to "Released", so the latter aren't newly posted.

Noob question incoming:

How do I place sheet ropes? I've crafted them and right clicked on the window to bring up the context menu but nothing is coming up!  :mad:

I had a hard time figuring this out too. You also need a hammer and nail to hold down the sheet rope.

Thank you so much!

c'mon guys makes us happy, release this, without water barrels it's not very possible to survive

I found that water reservoirs in houses magically refill after a while (maybe when it rains?), so you shouldn't die of thirst, even if the barrels are broken in build 16.

Morninng everybody,

perhaps it is mentioned anywhere else, but is it implemented yet, that you get XP by farming? at the moment i don't get the time to test it myself.

You only get XP for farming when you harvest. It's not great, but you can level up fast when the first batch of crops come in. I suggest planting cabbages or radishes first (those need the shortest time to fully grow).

did you guys fix the crazy amount of hoards tht spawn no matter on what zombie amount setting you choose including non ppl said tht was fixed in .17 but it doesn't say

In standard survival mode, after about 1 month of in-game time, there are zillions of them everywhere. They also seem to form large groups in areas where you had fired a weapon. My guess is it's intentional, to ramp up the challenge and to keep us from settling down for too long.

If it isn't in the changelong, it can be assumed that it's not done.

did you guys fix the crazy amount of hoards tht spawn no matter on what zombie amount setting you choose including non ppl said tht was fixed in .17 but it doesn't say

Will this build address rain barrels?f you want 

Any chance we might get a crawler revisit... I'm fine with the difficulty, hell, I was fine with the difficulty in .15 but atm if you "kill" a zombie, there is a 100% chance that they will turn into a crawler & the only way to put one down for good is to bash their brains in while they're on the ground

EDIT:

Furthermore the sound & gore from your hits are no indication that they are down for good, so by "bashing their brains in" I mean clicking the hell out of the mouse button until you stop doing downward hits.

On the other hand, though. "Fake dead" zombies cant be looted, fade when the character is not looking directly at them & cause panic when looked at making it fairly obvious, at range, which corpses are crawlers & which aren't.

Because of these aspects the only time crawlers do a good job is when the player is trying to push through a populated hallway... Fool on me for trying to push through a populated hallway to begin with but surely if the player is good enough they should be able to do it without relying on button bashing...

EDIT2:

So basically what I'm saying is, maybe, "Fake Dead" spawns should actually be corpses in that they don't fade, don't cause panic & can be looted until they "pounce". While on the other hand, instead of zombies only turning into crawlers after they die..... again..... :huh: ..... make it a chance that they turn into crawlers when grounded at low health

EDIT3: seriously, almost done here guys :D

This would also address the issue of zombies not actually dying during "shoot'em up" massacres & depending on how it is done, could help the zombie kill count bug....

BUG REPORT:

Zombie kill count bug still present..... :P

Any chance we might get a crawler revisit... I'm fine with the difficulty, hell, I was fine with the difficulty in .15 but atm if you "kill" a zombie on their feet, there is a 100% chance that they will turn into a crawler & the only way to put one down for good is to bash their brains in while they're on the ground

Yep. I'd love it if they only a 20-30% chance of being knocked down and converting into a crawler.

They're very managable right now, though.

Any chance we might get a crawler revisit... I'm fine with the difficulty, hell, I was fine with the difficulty in .15 but atm if you "kill" a zombie on their feet, there is a 100% chance that they will turn into a crawler & the only way to put one down for good is to bash their brains in while they're on the ground

EDIT:

Furthermore the sound & gore from your hits are no indication that they are down for good, so by "bashing their brains in" I mean clicking the hell out of the mouse button until you stop doing downward hits.

On the other hand, though. "Fake dead" zombies cant be looted, fade when the character is not looking directly at them & cause panic when looked at making it fairly obvious, at range, which corpses are crawlers & which aren't.

Because of these aspects the only time crawlers do a good job is when the player is trying to push through a populated hallway... Fool on me for trying to push through a populated hallway to begin with but surely if the player is good enough they should be able to do it without relying on chance or button bashing...

EDIT2:

So basically what I'm saying is, maybe, "Fake Dead" spawns should actually be corpses in that they don't fade, don't cause panic & can be looted until they "pounce". While on the other hand, instead of zombies turning into crawlers after they die..... again..... :huh: ..... make it a chance that they turn into crawlers when grounded at low health

You are right here. This really shows in last stand as when you turn a zombie into a crawler from damage then kill the crawler it counts as 2 zombies so you finish a wave way before all the zombies are dead. When i go on a killing rampage with a shotgun i would say 89 out of a 100 i shoot turn into crawlers. Then i have to go though the field of carnage and finish them all off with a frying pan cuz there are to many to use the axe or bat they will break.

Sorry about that guys... the Idea was flowing & I didn't finish till after you posted :)

Almost too manageable I think, I would love it if they "pounced" at me while I was looting them

I'm almost certain its 100% chance & the ones that don't, during a "shoot'em up" massacre, are the ones that get shot while crawlers

EDIT:

all I'm saying is that, at the moment, they have too little of an effect in the open & too much of an effect during confined combat because button bashing is gay & killing a zombie takes too long when they re-spawn as a crawler every time

"When your not certain if the un-dead are really dead-dead, don't get all stingy with your bullets"

- Rule 22 "Double-Tap"

I love that movie.... one of the few decent zombie movies out of the last decade :D

Yep. I'd love it if they only a 20-30% chance of being knocked down and converting into a crawler.

They're very managable right now, though.

It's weird because I haven't changed anything on that...

Baaah, will look into it today... Gosh, it's gonna be a long day, can't we make it 42h instead of 24h ?