RELEASED: Build 29.4

RobertJohnson

When I have noticed dissapeering corpses sometimes its usually right after I kill them. Sometimes you can not even find the body to loot when its invisible.

So perhaps it might be possible it could be glitching those corpses into a wrong z-level? or into an invalid cooord on the map?

I am still getting zombie corpses vanish. I thought that was fixed in 29.4. is this still a known bug or should I report this?

I never found any cause of disappearing corpses (haven't had it happen myself).  The new "3D Corpses" option can disable them.

When I have noticed dissapeering corpses sometimes its usually right after I kill them. Sometimes you can not even find the body to loot when its invisible.

So perhaps it might be possible it could be glitching those corpses into a wrong z-level? or into an invalid cooord on the map?

Yes what wsensor said is what I am seeing. I kill a zombie some time and the body never hit the ground. it just a blood pool. I can still search the body it just not there. I have been trying to find a way to screen shoot it. but it happens most the time when I am in the middle of fighting so I am backing off to kill the rest. I need to kill one in the clear with no other zombies around so I can show that it can be looted but you can not see it.  Also I only see this happen maybe one in 50 dead zombies.

On build 29.4 tho ? With 3D corpses set ?

I saw it once during early build 29 coding, but haven't see this anymore :(

Yes in build 29.4 just 5 minutes ago no less. And with 3D corpses set to yes.  I tried to screen shot it but the screen is cropped off to not show my inventory of my character with the body able to be looted but there no body near my toon at all. I can even pick up the corpse and drop it. And it icon show up in my inventory. But like when I picked it up when i drop it it dose not show up on the ground. Next time I catch it I will move my inventory box down where it should be in the pic.

BTW I am running 2 mods in my run right now. But yesterday I saw it in a 29.4 game with no mod.

• 4 weeks later...

I am still getting zombie corpses vanish. I thought that was fixed in 29.4. is this still a known bug or should I report this?

This happens to me both in SP and MP. They just turn invisible and I have to keep the inventory tab open and sweep the area until I find the corpse icon and then I know where to click to grab corpse or where to loot.

Also had this weird thing happen to a corpse, it turned into a small square with no sprite other than something that resembled this (http://i46.tinypic.com/346pzzc.jpg), I decided to grab the corpse and drop it a few steps away and still what I dropped to the ground wasn't a zombie corpse but what seemed to be an error in the Matrix lol.

Aaand sometimes when playing MP if both players hit the same zombie at the same time the zombie just gets thrown 20 meters away, it's like suddenly you chose to become Goku and Vegeta and hit the sh*t out of someone...