RELEASED: Build 29.4

RobertJohnson

Can you try to join a Russian server then ? To be sure if it's a server bug or just your ping ?

I added this ping stuff because lot of Russians were logging into EU/USA server and make them lag :D

There is no Russian server on build 29 I know of. The only one I know is this:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/10653-gamecomaru-rudedicatedpvp100slots/

and it runs on build 28

I should have added, it happens to players from other countries as often as it happens to me. But it has been better today, at least on my private server where I was alone. Nethertheless we will roll-back to build 28 as most server residents voted for it. Most of us have lost their char due to lag anyway, so we don`t mind a fresh start.

Edit: I had 4 different players stuck in the game yesterday. I had to restart the server. This has nothing to do with my location. It was EU/NA players connecting to an EU server.

I feel like an idiot... but how does the 29.1 hotfix apply itself...?

Is it supposed to automatically update when you work with the IWBUMS branch? If so, I'm not seeing any change the last few days...

Or do I have to uninstall/reinstall the game under the IWBUMS branch...?

Or, do I have to manually install the hotfix and if so, where would I find a link to it?

Trying to get this "canbedonefromfloor" thing back in motion but having this hiccup...

Thanks.

Is it supposed to automatically update when you work with the IWBUMS branch? If so, I'm not seeing any change the last few days...

If you're on IWBUMS, it should be downloaded automatically by Steam.

If you're on IWBUMS, it should be downloaded automatically by Steam.

Thanks for the reply... it might not be updating as I am working inside the actual game files (for multiplayer server setup) rather than the mod folder and Steam doesn't always update folders that are changed locally versus the default game files. (as in when you uninstall it keeps the Project Zomboid/media folder -- if you have manually changed anything -- while deleting everything else).

I will try and reinstall and see if that catches the update... thanks again.

I want to leave some feedback on build 29 MultiPlayer

So far I have tried it on 3 different servers, I`m hosting one of them. There have been the same 2 issues on these servers.

1) Lag spikes, that go up to 50 000 ping. As a consequence lag kills. Ping limit kicks approx. twice an hour. Pretty close to unplayble

2) Players get stuck in the game: after being kicked for high ping, the player still appears in the player list. This player cant be kicked by the admin, and the player himself cant connect, because the game says he is already logged in. It might go away after some time (not tested) but it goes away from restarting the server (tested several times)

i'm from the uk and a regular on Hamus server along with some other regulars (from sweden america and uk) have all had this problem of connection issues, with massive lag spike that kick us out and we some times cant log back on cos it say user is already connected and they cant be kicked, the server has to be reset and there is no time limit on this either, i was playing for 6 hours last night with a regular that was connected but lagged out and had to reconnect with a different user cos it was saying he was still connected.

no i experimented a bit an logged on to evil dead and got the same lag spikes and disconnects so i gave up and went to build 28 and tried a random server that had a few people on it from the public server button in-game and i was complete fine no lag spikes or disconnection issues at all.

Game isn't updating to the 29.1 hotfix on Steam... I didn't know if this is a bug and belongs there but since I'd already discussed it here, I'll continue here...

I am playing the "Early Access Build 29"...

-->  http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/apelikejay/EA1_zps498c4e72.jpg

I do have "Iwillbackupmysave" branch enabled and downloaded...

-->  http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/apelikejay/EA3_zps55a53a73.jpg

And it won't let me saw logs from the ground...

-->  http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/apelikejay/EA2_zps22480a01.jpg

Either the hotfix didn't work or Steam isn't updated/updating... I know it's not critical to the game but it's a tad big for the mod I'm working on... thanks for looking into it at your convenience...

Chris left before we update the version number, not a big deal, you have the hotfix don't worry.

Tho Tim keep telling me we may miss a few files from our current version.. We'll have to wait Chris tomorrow to figure out what is happening..

Do you guys normally work weekends? Or are you crunching right now?

Yeah, no worries on my issue... take your time (IE weekend off)... it's by no means a game breaker... as long as you can't actually hurt yourself in game by being weighed down (yet), it's no issue at all really...

--

Great game by the way... it's everything I wanted Dead Island to be... I loved the graphics in that game, but the 'sandbox' aspect of it was incredibly lacking and the game forced you into one style of play... run and gun--which was fun at first but eventually I wanted... more... I applaud this game's depth, or more accurately it's potential depth... keep up the great work!

I'm having a problem with the branch that I've been calling molasses running. Ever so often my character will suddenly start moving as if he's slowed or encumbered when he isn't. It hangs around for a little bit then goes back to normal. Is anyone else having a similar issue?

From the exhaustion moodle probably?

Hi im hosting the Evil Dead server iv just upgraded to build 29 3 days ago and ever since iv get random lag spikes that go up to 70.000+ every few hours im running another test but in the sever java script box it spams down loading unknown packet or some thing along them lines i need to try recreate it and wright it down if i can i have to reboot server as this often crashes it or just jams it up completely