RELEASED: Build 29.4

RobertJohnson

Update !

[New Stuff]

• Added wine in loot distribution.
  • Now render the dead body in 3D.

[balance]

• Some change on melee combat : no more always 50% chance knock down, endurance used tweaked (it'll prob need more balancing, need feed back ;)).

I'm most excited about these things. If zombies are harder to knock down, they are more deadly! If the zombie sprite doesn't change to 2D when they die, it makes it harder to tell if they are dead! And wine, because yay wine!

Are there any plans to make it so that you have to force your character to attack ground? As it stands now, you can just keep swinging until you hit air, then you know the zombies are dead. If you had to force yourself to attack ground (shift+click maybe?), then you'd never be really sure they are dead and not just a crawler...

EDIT: Also, if you want feedback, push the build to IWBUMS! ;)

Edited by f3rret

RobertJohnson, you're awesome. I make a post asking for the build on IWBUMS, and you deliver? (I'm assuming it's on IWBUMS because of the thread title change).

Most responsive devs ever, people. Right here.

It is, but it was only pushed to IWBUMS because it was time, not because you asked. Sorry! :)

RobertJohnson, you're awesome. I make a post asking for the build on IWBUMS, and you deliver? (I'm assuming it's on IWBUMS because of the thread title change).

Most responsive devs ever, people. Right here.

It is, but it was only pushed to IWBUMS because it was time, not because you asked. Sorry! :)

Argue all you like, but I've got forum timestamps that show that I asked for it to be pushed to IWBUMS, and then it was. Don't worry, I'll wield this newfound power with great responsibility.

On a serious note, thank you for the new build, I can't wait to try it out!

I'm trying out Build 29 now, and I have a few problems already.

1. The new looting sound gets VERY repetitive and annoying very fast, maybe putting in a few variations of it or doing so its only heard then looting from another container would help :/

2. The changelog update Robert posted a couple of hours ago, dosen't seem to have been included in this version of the build.

I posted a bug report for a sheet rope climbing bug that I was getting in IWBUMS v29 http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/issue-813-floating-character-after-climbing-a-sheet-rope/

I also posted a suggestion for some changes to the foraging skill http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/10710-feedback-v29-foraging-suggestion/#entry137242

I posted a bug report for a sheet rope climbing bug that I was getting in IWBUMS v29 http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/issue-813-floating-character-after-climbing-a-sheet-rope/

I also posted a suggestion for some changes to the foraging skill http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/10710-feedback-v29-foraging-suggestion/#entry137242

You don't need to post that here. They have people all over the place, and they will get to all of that eventually ;)

You don't need to post that here. They have people all over the place, and they will get to all of that eventually ;)

It was meant to inform members reading this thread that these issues have been reported. I often observe multiple posts submitted in these threads after a version release. My intent was to reduce multiple postings of the same issue. Just as you did I'm sure, just before my post.

I posted the bug and the suggestions in the applicable threads knowing that the PZ team would see them there.

1. The new looting sound gets VERY repetitive and annoying very fast, maybe putting in a few variations of it or doing so its only heard then looting from another container would help :/

I'm sure they'll add different sounds for different containers eventually, but I don't get why it'd bug you so much. I'm enjoying the new sounds.

does anyone else feel the new stone axe needs work? cant even cut two trees before it breaks....and 12 swings to chop one tree down? yowsa.maybe 7 or 8 sure.....

EDIT: and tree limbs are rather hard to get, considering NONE of the trees around the forest must have any branches at all, lol

does anyone else feel the new stone axe needs work? cant even cut two trees before it breaks....and 12 swings to chop one tree down? yowsa.maybe 7 or 8 sure.....

Maybe you're just a bad axe maker. ;) Perhaps you should wait until you level up a bit more...? And have you ever tried cutting a tree down? I'd bet it'd take a few more than 12 hits, especially with a blunt, home made axe and taking in consideration that you're getting ready made logs.

Maybe you're just a bad axe maker. ;) Perhaps you should wait until you level up a bit more...? And have you ever tried cutting a tree down? I'd bet it'd take a few more than 12 hits, especially with a blunt, home made axe and taking in consideration that you're getting ready made logs.

sure you could say that, but it still doesnt compare to a regular axe taking just 5 swings to chop down trees as well. the 12 swings wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt for the fact the axe breaks shortly into tree two and the low low low odds of trees branches with the new skill

Stone axe IS intended to work like this, it's not mean to be the new axe, just something to help you to begin your journey, and be able to do some stuff without a proper axe/saw

Edit : branches should drop of the tree too.. Did I forgot to code it ? :(

maybe its just me. but im using a character with lucky and strong, 45 foraging attempts in each forest in each cardinal direction outside of WP, totaling 180 foraging attempts with a fresh character, yielding 3, yes just 3, tree branches. i know the areas are supposed to forage out after a few attempts but wow. i got almost 90 berries and 50 violets, 43 stones and more twigs than i care for but tree branches are.....just not common at all.