RELEASED: Build 29.4

RobertJohnson

You'll be able to find poisonous stuff, and yes it's a timed action available only in forest :)

You can also make a wooden lance and fish with it (really poor chance compare to a fishing pole tho)

Can we also use this wooden lance as a long-range zombie stabber?

Yup, but it's really crappy, I wouldn't recommend using it as it may broke reallyyy quickly

Now that you gave us various more food ressources recently, will you rebalance other food resscources to keep surviving challenging? You may put the growth-time of the seeds up to real-time, so it takes maybe 1-2 months to get proper vegetables. Also speaking about boredom. If you increase the growthtime, you can make this gardening thing become almost a fulltime challenge.

Looting a safehouse is not ruining the game, is part of the game to survive. That is why i said, if you lock a door and i am starving, i am sure as hell going to take down that door to see if someone has hid some stuff to eat.

It should be an option to lock the door, but it must remain in-game, not a metagame where if you open it or destroy the door the server will say that you looted the house.

You really think someone when is dying is going to say: "oh geez a locked door/container, better leave that alone cause i am sure that is not looted", i seen people burn down houses and walls cause they wanted to get insde a place, i am sure a crowbar would work the same for a container.

You could lock the door, and when someone is breaking down the door, be ready to take that guy out, atleast it gives you a heads up.

For roleplaying servers, its no fun at all to scavenge the items you need, only to come back after you have been offline to find out everything is stolen. People can't be online all the time. It would just be a good way to deter looters stealing from places when the person is offline by having some way of tracking it.

Sure whilelisting a server to limit the chances is good, but all it takes is one dishonest person to horde everything.

You'll be able to find poisonous stuff, and yes it's a timed action available only in forest :)

You can also make a wooden lance and fish with it (really poor chance compare to a fishing pole tho)

Oooh wooden lance, nice! I like that addition, will give fishing more staying power in the late game when rods become scarce/broken. Will the wooden lance's chance to catch fish be improved by the fishing skill like the pole? 

Now that you gave us various more food ressources recently, will you rebalance other food resscources to keep surviving challenging? You may put the growth-time of the seeds up to real-time, so it takes maybe 1-2 months to get proper vegetables. Also speaking about boredom. If you increase the growthtime, you can make this gardening thing become almost a fulltime challenge.

Growth time is fine as it is. If you up the growth time to realistic standards, you'd have to drastically increase the amount of land you're farming on in order to acquire a sustainable amount of food. Then you'd have to preserve it for future use cause it's gotta last you at least until the next crop comes in. With no food preservation techniques currently available within the game, you'd be doomed to eating rotten or moldy food for months on end.

I would like more depth to farming, though. More types of pests and treatments. Weeds, and the removal thereof. Make it something a little more involved. Stuff like that. But this is hardly the place to discuss it. 

Updated OP :

[NEW STUFF]

• Added trapping skill books.
  • Traps won't catch animal if a player is around.
  • Renamed Scavenge in Forage.
  • Push a zombie on a fence won't make it climb it, but return in attack mode.
  • Added more chance to hit with a ranged weapon if the target is really close.
  • Balanced how the weapon knock down a zombie (basically, a bit less knock down if the attack is not fully charged).

[bUG FIXES]

• Lighting fixed for sand bags.
  • Fixed issue #652.
  • Fixed issue #769.
  • Fixed issue #761.
  • Fixed issue #784.
  • Fixed issue #775.
  • Fixed issue #773.
  • Fixed zombies thumping carpentry window frames instead of climbing through them (unless barricaded).
  • Fixed some reloading issues.

[NEW STUFF]

• Push a zombie on a fence won't make it climb it, but return in attack mode.

A rural Kentuckian pushing a mindless beast through a fence causes it to react with aggression? The jokes practically write themselves!

I'm sorry.

I appreciate the heartfelt apology. Thank you :P

Picking up the neoscavenger "scavenge" topic again:

NeoScavenger has no "auto-pickup"!

I think what "he" meant (some pages after 1.) that you see a "container" in the inventory screen (right side) like "Trees" / "tree stub" and right click it "Scavenge" which initiates the scavenging process and rewards with items picked from a specific drop list of that "scavenge place"...

hopefully you get what i mean... i re-read my post several times and came up with different views, so tell me if more details are needed