RELEASED: Build 29.4

RobertJohnson

HOW DO I GET THIS? http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4183-iwbms-the-i-will-backup-my-save-branch/

Hotfix #4 released

BUG FIX

[bALANCE]

• Modified some experience needed for level on some skills.
[NEW STUFF]
  • Tons of new sounds (74 so far and counting !)
    • Ambient sounds: scream, dogs, wolves, owls... Depending on your current zone and day time.
    • New crafting sound: saw logs, duct tape, slicing food...
    • New foot step sounds.
    • And much more...
  • New Scavenge skill (does not require any tools, usefull for MP !):
    • Go into the forest and right click "scavenge", you'll find berries, mushrom, worms and other edible plants/insect.
    • The number and the type of food found will depend on your skill.
    • Plants/insect aren't unlimited in a zone, if after a while you don't find anything, go elsewhere and try again, they'll be replenished after a while.
  • Little revamp of the melee skill:
    • Blunt and blade now have 3 sub skills:
    • Accuracy: Influences hit chance, damage done, critical chance..
    • Guard: Helps you to avoiding being scratched when wearing a weapon.
    • Maintenance: Helps you to not lower the condition of your weapon when using it.
    • Accuracy and reloading skills are now part of the sub skill : Ranged.
    • Balanced how the weapon knock down a zombie (basically, a bit less knock down if the attack is not fully charged).
  • New crafting: make axe and hammer from stones, tree branch and ripped sheet.
  • The stone hammer condition decrease when you build things with it (like walls, floor..)
  • Build log walls with 0 in carpentry skill, they are strong but really expensive (4 logs and 4 ripped sheets/twine/rope), usefull when you don't have a saw and you want to build things !
  • Added a sub menu "Wall" in the construction menu.
  • Chopping trees can drop branches and/or twigs.
  • Panic will decrease faster if you have survived for a while (you get used to zombies, but still get jump scare).
  • Fishes aren't unlimited anymore, after fishing in a zone for a while, you won't find anything, go fish elsewhere, the fishes will be replenished after some time.
  • The items Bandages (the one you get from rip your clothing) is now call Ripped Sheets, still can act as bandage.
  • Added trapping skill books.
  • Traps won't catch animal if a player is around.
  • Renamed Scavenge in Forage.
  • Push a zombie on a fence won't make it climb it, but return in attack mode.
  • Added more chance to hit with a ranged weapon if the target is really close.
  • No auto age for item being respawned by the server.
  • Added a 15 mins day length options in sandbox.
  • Added wine in loot distribution.
  • Now render the dead body in 3D.
  • Tweaked "Customise Character" screen to allow choosing skin color, chest hair and stubble. Use comboboxes instead of left/right buttons.
[bUG FIX]
  • Fixed issue #000751
  • Fixed rain barrel and trap data not being updated on the server when IsoThumpables were destroyed on a client.
  • Fixed cases where lighting + vision weren't updated when objects were added/removed.
  • Fixed zombies continuing to thump destroyed objects in multiplayer.
  • Fixed traps not being updated if the map area containing the trap was never loaded.
  • Fixed issues placing and interacting with traps.
  • Remove grass blend tiles when taking sand/dirt/gravel with the shovel.
  • Fixed corpses sharing inventory with a zombie.
  • Fixed no zombies spawning after a server soft-reset.
  • Fixed soft-reset exception with traps.
  • Fix for missing zombies in Last Stand challenge 2.
  • No more tree chopping with a frying pan, baseball bat etc.
  • Sometimes there were 2 trees on the same grid.
  • Lighting fixed for sand bags.
  • Fixed issue #652.
  • Fixed issue #769.
  • Fixed issue #761.
  • Fixed issue #784.
  • Fixed issue #775.
  • Fixed issue #773.
  • Fixed zombies thumping carpentry window frames instead of climbing through them (unless barricaded).
  • Fixed some reloading issues.
  • Fixed an issue with attacking a zombie that was climbing over a fence.
  • Fixed player corpse inventory sync in MP.
[bALANCE]
  • Increase the drop rate of petrol can.
  • Decrease the spawn rate of paintings and farming seeds inside crates.
  • Increased the water bottle loot rate.
  • Some change on melee combat : no more always 50% chance knock down, endurance used tweaked (it'll prob need more balancing, need feed back ;)).
[TRANSLATION]
  • Updated Russian, Japanese, German, Spanish, Czech and Italian translations.

Will the changes in character skill necessitate a character wipe?  I lost all my characters skills in the last update as well and I'm just wondering if it's worth working so hard to replace them if they are just going to go away again Soon :)

Will the changes in character skill necessitate a character wipe?  I lost all my characters skills in the last update as well and I'm just wondering if it's worth working so hard to replace them if they are just going to go away again Soon :)

They probably will :/

Will the changes in character skill necessitate a character wipe?  I lost all my characters skills in the last update as well and I'm just wondering if it's worth working so hard to replace them if they are just going to go away again Soon ™ :)

Should not, what happened to your last character ? You're the first who report that problem, I try to make everything so nothing is wiped during an update...

This was on a MP server so that probably has something to do with it; however whenever any existing character tried to connect to the server after the update, it would hang for a long time and then when they got through the character existed, but with absolutely no skills.  It also occasionally would hang on an error indicating some problem with an item in their inventory, and then when they finally connected most (and in some cases all) of their inventory was also wiped.  This happened to pretty much every player on the server.

Panic will decrease faster if you have survived for a while (you get used to zombies, but still get jump scare).

Ok i was going to put this in as a suggestion. But I was going ot base it on the number of zombies you had killed not time. But that works to.

it all look like more fun down the road when 29 come out.

will we be able to clean up blood in this update?

Oh yeah, u have a house? :) Know this problem, I would like that too, but it would need some additional equipment; besides cleaning stuff, bucket, cloth & water (all existing), there'd be the need for a broom... or u take a toothbrush.

Will the park rangers outdoors-man trait affect the forest scavenging? 

It should.

Actually i think they should go with some Neo Scavanger approach, where you can find mushrooms and stuff to eat in the forest, but when you pick them up it just: Mushroom.

But when you have the botony skill it says: Posion mushroom or ediable mushroom, why every mushroom in the forest must be ediable?

You should get a trait that affects if you can tell which one you can eat, cause if the scavanger trait only does that, then how will you know which mushroom does what?

Or even a book about Botony added to the game can counter balance that fact.

Different books of Botony would mean more stuff you can eat or craft medicine with.

Log walls?

Scavenging skills?

Improvised weapons from branches and rocks?

THREE WEAPON SUB-SKILLS?!

screeeeech

Question: Will log walls require nails?

Maybe they will, maybe not, but in my opinion it would be cool if you needed some rope to make them :D

How large are these "zones"? Just as a general guide. What qualifies as a forest? Just any old clump of trees (in that case would a single tree count), or are there predetermined tiles?

Will the sub skills require a skill point to be put into each of them, or do they all level as part of the parent skill? 

How large are these "zones"? Just as a general guide. What qualifies as a forest? Just any old clump of trees (in that case would a single tree count), or are there predetermined tiles?

Will the sub skills require a skill point to be put into each of them, or do they all level as part of the parent skill? 

Nope, there's the parent skill (blunt or axe) that cannot be up, then the 3 sub skills.

Will Aiming and Reload be made subsidiary to Ranged now that such a system exists?

It's already the case, I just forgot to say it in the patch note, sorry ! :)

Maybe they will, maybe not, but in my opinion it would be cool if you needed some rope to make them :D

They don't need nails, but they do need a rope/sheet rope (made from clothes), it's there so people without hammer/nails will be able to build a small house, no door/windows tho :)