Best melee weapon ingame?

ArtosVI

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Knives? Why?

The range sucks, but it's nearly always a one or two hit kill - and quite fast.  I haven't had a chance to try upgraded weapons yet, but compared to the baseball bat, the knife doesn't require nearly as much time.  

The range sucks, but it's nearly always a one or two hit kill - and quite fast.  I haven't had a chance to try upgraded weapons yet, but compared to the baseball bat, the knife doesn't require nearly as much time.  

NOPE. Tried using knife when my trusty Pool Cue finally broke and got bitten on my chest. I survived the bite, luckily -_-

NOPE. Tried using knife when my trusty Pool Cue finally broke and got bitten on my chest. I survived the bite, luckily -_-

Odd - I don't think I've ever had take more than two stabby stabs. Maybe only when healthy? Course, now I'm experiencing what a post above described - I'm either losing/breaking/dropping the knife unexpectedly.  

Axe is the best current weapon in the game.

For future builds i think it will be the katana or a good halberd/spear.

Where are axes likely to appear?  Is that like crate thing, or specific building?  

Usually in a crate - although I found one last night on a zombie (was very surprising).

Axe is the best current weapon in the game.

For future builds i think it will be the katana or a good halberd/spear.

The chances of finding a katana, halberd or spear would be very low. the katana would have like 1 in 600/500 chance of finding it in a collectors house, and even then it would most likely be blunted. For the halberd and spear, also the same chance of finding one, perhaps a lower chance because people collect them less and there are no museums in Mauldraugh. The chances would be even lower because, even if the owner of the house (With the weapon in question.) survived being initially infected he would most likely take the sword, if not his neighbours would have. Although maybe they could be crafted? 1 poolcue/stick+kitchen knife = homemade spear?