Zombie Traits

Tyler the Super Ranger

So I has this idea to create diversity amongst the masses of zombies that will make certain individuals stand out amongst the crowd.

Zombie traits!

In a nutshell a Zombie has a chance of recieving one of a variety of Traits that give it a strength or weakness.

A player can also see a zombies trait by hovering his mouse above it.

Here are a few examples:

===========================================================================

Hardhead - This zombie has a helmet and can survive one killing blow.

Worn down - This zombie has lost it's teeth and nails from excessive use. Can only deal punches.

Loud - This zombie makes a lot of noise when persuing a target.

Burly - This zombie deals extra damage and cannot be knocked down.

'armless - This zombies arms are broken and cannot attack.

Intelligent - This zombie can open doors.

Smelly - This zombie really, really stinks!

===========================================================================

You all get the idea.

So, whad'ya think?

I think that zombies like people should have traits naturally reflecting things that the were physical attributes when alive, such as being fat would add to the heft of a zombie smashing a window for example as well as making them more resistant to BFT, and being strong in life would render you strong in unlife as well. Losing teeth and nails as well is a good example of a realistic trait in my opinion. A zombie with a helmet on also would not be odd since most helmets are fastened with a strap. A zombie being particularly loud or clumsy would naturally also fall within the realm of realism I'd say.

I just don't agree with the intelligent one on the principal that it is a setting in the sandbox and not something to be used interchangeably.

Also it must be noted that as player you wouldn't necessarily be any more aware of these traits than you would be of the current level of decay or weakness a zombie has. It would mostly (if not entirely.) play off behind the scenes, adding to the variety of threats zombies could potentially pose. Especially in cases where the zombie is strong or well toned.

Anything that enhances difficulty is good in my books as long as it is realistic, and I see nothing wrong with having some level of basic traits for zombies. In fact I'd assume that zombies inherit some of my physical traits when I reanimate. For instance say I am hard of hearing or shortsighted? My zombie would have to be the same otherwise it would be a little queer wouldn't it?

Burly - This zombie deals extra damage and cannot be knocked down.

Dunno if this was a bug, but I actually met these on a server a while ago (build 27). Zombies that cannot be killed, are faster than normal ones in movement and attack speed.