Limiting Code a Specific Item?

WeAreBaked

-- Our global TableUIDestroyItems = {};----- This will create a new context menu entry.-- @param _player - The player who clicked the inventory.-- @param _context - The context menu to which we add our option.-- @param _items - The items which have been clicked.--function UIDestroyItems.createMenu(_player, _context, _items)    local player = getSpecificPlayer(_player);    local clickedItems = _items;    -- Will store the clicked stuff.    local item;    local stack;    -- stop function if player has selected multiple item stacks    if #clickedItems > 1 then        return;    end        -- Iterate through all clicked items    for _, entry in ipairs(clickedItems) do        -- test if we have a single item        if instanceof(entry, "InventoryItem") then            item = entry; -- store in local variable            break;        elseif type(entry) == "table" then            stack = entry;            break;        end    end    -- Adds context menu entry for single items.    if item then        _context:addOption("Destroy Item", clickedItems,            UIDestroyItems.onDestroyItem, player, item);    end    -- Adds context menu entries for multiple bags.    if stack then        -- We start to iterate at the second index to jump over the dummy        -- item that is contained in the item-table.        for i = 2, #stack.items do            local item = stack.items[i];            if instanceof(item, "InventoryItem") then                _context:addOption("Destroy Item", clickedItems,                    UIDestroyItems.onDestroyItem, player, item);            end        end    endend----- Remove the clicked item from the inventory.-- @param _items-- @param _player-- @param _item--function UIDestroyItems.onDestroyItem(_items, _player, _item)    _item:getContainer():Remove(_item);    _player:Say("I love pz-mods.net");end-- Call our function when the event is firedEvents.OnPreFillInventoryObjectContextMenu.Add(UIDestroyItems.createMenu);

this is from the site tutorial and it works fine but how would i limit this to specific items...i only want my new menu to show for certain stuff

Hm this is one of my old tutorials, afaik it isn't working 100% correctly anymore. Back when I wrote it there was a "dummy item" in the table for clicked items...

This should fix it (not sure though):

-- Adds context menu entries for multiple bags.    if stack then        -- We start to iterate at the second index to jump over the dummy        -- item that is contained in the item-table.        for i = 1, #stack.items do            local item = stack.items[i];            if instanceof(item, "InventoryItem") then                _context:addOption("Destroy Item", clickedItems,                    UIDestroyItems.onDestroyItem, player, item);            end        end    end
Also if you only want options for a certain item you will have to do something like this (pseudo):

if instanceof(item, "InventoryItem") and item:functionThatReturnsItemName() == 'yourAwesomeItem' then    _context:addOption("Do stuff", clickedItems, doStuffFunction(), player, item);end

i was just browsing in the old unpack bags mod and something like this wouldnt work?

-- Our global TableUIDestroyItems = {};----- This will create a new context menu entry.-- @param _player - The player who clicked the inventory.-- @param _context - The context menu to which we add our option.-- @param _items - The items which have been clicked.--function UIDestroyItems.createMenu(_player, _context, _items)    local player = getSpecificPlayer(_player);    local clickedItems = _items;    -- Will store the clicked stuff.    local item;    local stack;    -- stop function if player has selected multiple item stacks    if #clickedItems > 1 then        return;    end        -- Iterate through all clicked items    for _, entry in ipairs(clickedItems) do        -- test if we have a single item        if instanceof(entry, "InventoryItem") and instanceof(item, "Base.Lighter") thenthen            item = entry; -- store in local variable            break;        elseif type(entry) == "table" then            stack = entry;            break;        end    end    -- Adds context menu entry for single items.    if item then        _context:addOption("Destroy Item", clickedItems,            UIDestroyItems.onDestroyItem, player, item);    end    -- Adds context menu entries for multiple bags.    if stack then        -- We start to iterate at the second index to jump over the dummy        -- item that is contained in the item-table.        for i = 2, #stack.items do            local item = stack.items[i];            if instanceof(item, "InventoryItem") and instanceof(item, "Base.Lighter") then                _context:addOption("Destroy Item", clickedItems,                    UIDestroyItems.onDestroyItem, player, item);            end        end    endend----- Remove the clicked item from the inventory.-- @param _items-- @param _player-- @param _item--function UIDestroyItems.onDestroyItem(_items, _player, _item)    _item:getContainer():Remove(_item);    _player:Say("I love pz-mods.net");end-- Call our function when the event is firedEvents.OnPreFillInventoryObjectContextMenu.Add(UIDestroyItems.createMenu);

btw i added

and instanceof(item, "Base.Lighter")

This shouldn't work since instanceof checks if an object is of a certain type. For example all items are of type "InventoryItem" and all bags are "InventoryContainers".

I just remembered, that I have written a inventory context menu for my (unreleased) story mod ... it features a better code and might be closer to what you are trying to do:

-- =============================================================================-- Muldraugh Tales-- by RoboMat---- Created: 04.11.13 - 18:58-- =============================================================================require'TimedActions/ISTimedActionQueue';require'StoryHandling/StoryLoader';require'UI/UIStoryManager';require'Util/LibString';-- -------------------------------------------------- Local Functions-- ------------------------------------------------local function onReadNote(_items, _player, _story)    local story = _story;    local panel = UIStoryPanel:new(story.tags['<title>'], story.content);    panel:initialise();    panel:addToUIManager();end----- @param _player - The player who clicked the menu.-- @param _context - The context menu to add a new option to.-- @param _items - A table containing the clicked items / stack.--local function createMenu(_player, _context, _items)    local stories = StoryLoader.getStories();    local itemTable = _items; -- The table containing the clicked items.    local context = _context;    local player = getSpecificPlayer(_player);    if #itemTable == 1 then -- We have either one clicked item or a folded stack of items.        -- We iterate through the table of clicked items. We have        -- to seperate between single items and folded        for _, clickedItem in ipairs(itemTable) do            if instanceof(clickedItem, "InventoryItem") then -- We have a single clicked item.                if clickedItem:getModule() == "MuldraughTales" then                    local modData = clickedItem:getModData();                    local id = modData.id;                    local story = stories[id];                    context:addOption("Read " .. story.tags['<title>'], itemTable, onReadNote, player, story);                end            elseif type(clickedItem) == "table" then -- We have a folded stack of items.                -- We start to iterate at the second index to jump over the dummy                -- item that is contained in the item-table.                for i2 = 2, #clickedItem.items do                    local item = clickedItem.items[i2];                    if instanceof(item, "InventoryItem") then                        if item:getModule() == "MuldraughTales" then                            local modData = item:getModData();                            local id = modData.id;                            local story = stories[id];                            context:addOption("Read " .. story.tags['<title>'], itemTable, onReadNote, player, story);                        end                    end                end            end        end    elseif #itemTable > 1 then -- We have an unfolded stack or multiple stacks.        for i, clickedItem in ipairs(itemTable) do            if type(clickedItem) == "table" then -- Multiple Folded stacks.                for i2 = 2, #clickedItem.items do                    local item = clickedItem.items[i2];                    if instanceof(item, "InventoryItem") then                        if item:getModule() == "MuldraughTales" then                            local modData = item:getModData();                            local id = modData.id;                            local story = stories[id];                            context:addOption("Read " .. story.tags['<title>'], itemTable, onReadNote, player, story);                        end                    end                end            elseif i > 1 and instanceof(clickedItem, "InventoryItem") then -- Unfolded stack.                if clickedItem:getModule() == "MuldraughTales" then                    local modData = clickedItem:getModData();                    local id = modData.id;                    local story = stories[id];                    context:addOption("Read " .. story.tags['<title>'], itemTable, onReadNote, player, story);                end            end        end    endend-- -------------------------------------------------- Game Hooks-- ------------------------------------------------Events.OnPreFillInventoryObjectContextMenu.Add(createMenu);

See the line:

if clickedItem:getModule() == "MuldraughTales" then

This ignores the name of the item, but instead just checks for the module it belongs to. So if you want to have a certain context menu which appears only for all of the items of your mod, put them in their own module and check for the name of that.

EDIT: ... Can't believe that it's already almost one year since I've last written some code for PZ :D