Convenient Bags (1.8.2)

RoboMat

Pushed version 1.8.0 - which makes convenient bags a little bit more convenient:

### Version 1.8.0- Added button for removing tags to the text entry box- Added turn tail mod (Closes #9)	- Allows the player to quickly drop equipped bags	- The default key 'X' can be re-assigned in the options menu- Updated text entry box to allow for multiple entries at once (e.g.: ```Food, Hammer, Bacon```)	- The tags will be split and trimmed before being saved

Edit: It worked almost perfectly. I made a change to your check to allow it to work a little better.

if category:lower():find(tag:lower()) or item:getName():lower():find(tag:lower()) then

As I have DisplayCategories that display as

Long Blade Weapon - Carpentry, and Blunt Weapon - Carpentry

So now it works with your mod better.

Again, Thanks a lot for the fix.

Damn missed your edit. I'll add this via hotfix.

Pushed version 1.8.1:

### Version 1.8.1- Fixed tag comparison

Nice update!. I was wondering though. Packing bags will pack items one at a time.. I was wondering why the same isn't handled when unpacking..

Because back in the day when I first wrote the mod it was meant to be a quick way to "dump" the contents somewhere in the world. If you'd have a queue for every item it would represent the player taking each item carefully out of the bag and placing it in the new container.

My mod represents this behaviour:

Nice update!. I was wondering though. Packing bags will pack items one at a time.. I was wondering why the same isn't handled when unpacking..

Because back in the day when I first wrote the mod it was meant to be a quick way to "dump" the contents somewhere in the world. If you'd have a queue for every item it would represent the player taking each item carefully out of the bag and placing it in the new container.

Oh I see. I suppose that makes sense then..

Now if only I could access bags that were on the ground without sacrificing the ability to keep my bag on my back and still grab stuff from it...

Yeah, it's on my TODO list, but I haven't looked into it yet - The vanilla inventory code is a beast.

Now if only I could access bags that were on the ground without sacrificing the ability to keep my bag on my back and still grab stuff from it...

Yeah, it's on my TODO list, but I haven't looked into it yet - The vanilla inventory code is a beast.

01000101 made a similar mod.  You might be able to borrow the code from him and modify it to allow access to bags on the ground or in the inventory.  http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/15797-no-equipped-access-containers-v0320/

EDIT: There's also a nice mod that you may want to integrate the FAK portion of into CB.  http://pz-mods.net/weapons-items/QuickContainers/

The problem is my mod already adds three new context menu options. When I want to add grabbing items from other containers I either need to add more context menus (or submenus), or I need to re-use the same functionality for the same options.

For example:

If you are next to a container and have it open in the inventory, you can then select pack / unpack for any container in your inventory and it will perform the changes on the "external" container, but if there isn't any container nearby you'll perform the actions on your own inventory.

The alternative would be to have submenus which allow you to select where to perform the actions.

Pack Items -> Here            -> In ContainerUnpack Items -> Here             -> In Container
I am not a fan of submenus though ^^

The problem is my mod already adds three new context menu options. When I want to add grabbing items from other containers I either need to add more context menus (or submenus), or I need to re-use the same functionality for the same options.

For example:

If you are next to a container and have it open in the inventory, you can then select pack / unpack for any container in your inventory and it will perform the changes on the "external" container, but if there isn't any container nearby you'll perform the actions on your own inventory.

The alternative would be to have submenus which allow you to select where to perform the actions.

Pack Items -> Here            -> In ContainerUnpack Items -> Here             -> In Container
I am not a fan of submenus though ^^

What does the context menu have to do with accessing bags on the ground?  You just have it appear as one of the containers in the loot menu.

I apologize if this has been answered, but I can't find any information on this bug during a quick skim through the thread.

I have been unable to use the 'Turn Tail' functionality. I'm using 32.19 and have the drop bags keymap on 'C'. I've tried the mod on its own and in conjunction with several mods I usually run.

I really like the mod, it makes moving large numbers of items a breeze compared to the vanilla system and tags are amazing. Thanks for your efforts :)

I have been unable to use the 'Turn Tail' functionality. I'm using 32.19 and have the drop bags keymap on 'C'. I've tried the mod on its own and in conjunction with several mods I usually run.

Argh ... yes it is a stupid bug in my code. Will release a fix shortly.

Pushed version 1.8.2:

- Fixed #11 - Turn Tail should work corrently now when other items are equipped

Really? I've ONLY been using your mod on the IWBUMS builds... Or are you referring to the newest builds?

I've been using it in IWBUMS as well, the only bug I've seen was the 'Turn Tail' feature not working, which you fixed. As far as SuspectHam's "Bug Report" goes...it wasn't much of one. Vague and unhelpful to the max. Cannot confirm.

I've been using it in IWBUMS as well, the only bug I've seen was the 'Turn Tail' feature not working, which you fixed. As far as SuspectHam's "Bug Report" goes...it wasn't much of one. Vague and unhelpful to the max. Cannot confirm.

It's possible that SuspectHam downloaded the outdated version of the mod from pz-mods, because that version had a bug with vanishing items.

I haven't gotten around to try it out with the steam workshop build yet ... does it mean it still works correctly with 33.23?

EDIT: Okay I just tested it with 33.23 and it seems to work fine.

• 2 months later...

I am having vanishing items upon unpacking with 33.20 IWBUMS. They will stay in the container they are unpacked in, though as soon as I try to move them to another container, they appear for 1 second in the new container then vanish. Not sure if it is because I am on IWBUMS,  (though likely is, nature of the beast and all).

Doesn't always happen though which is odd.. only sometimes, haven't found any specific triggers.

• 4 months later...
On 15.3.2016 at 11:29 AM, Dr_Cox1911 said:

Is this still working with the new builds (especially IWBUMS)? If it is, than it would be nice to have it on Workshop for automatic download when joining a server.

The mod is released under the MIT license. Feel free to add it on steam workshop :) (I'll gladly pull the necessary changes into the repo)