Burning Trash/Digging trash pits

Demonic_Kat

Also how are you burning zombies bodies? By pouring gas on them?

I'm thinking about a more controlled burn.

There's a solid decent way to do that, though I'm not sure it's intended.  Follow these steps:

Make a campfire kit and put it down.  It should be put someplace where it's not going to cause a big fire.

Stack the bodies on the campfire (not in it, on the ground in the same tile).

Use a lighter+newspaper/magazine/whatever to light the campfire.

Wait like 10 seconds.

I've burned literally hundreds of corpses doing this. 

The ability to dig a specific mass grave or fire pit would be nice (hmn, I'm not sure if that's right word given the context). Given the way fire spreads in the game at the moment (ie schizophrenically) a way of containing it within a set area, whilst also being a bit thematic could be interesting. Though the need for such a thing would become unnecessary if the thread of setting half the neighbourhood on fire from one corpse wasn't a thing (...do I come across as speaking from experience? Uh, yeah, I may have accidentally burned down a thicket of trees, part of my safehouse ...and my character from burning a starting a single fire in the middle of the road). The point stands though that given the setting, and taking a que from the novel I Am Legend, that a way to dispose of corpses en masse could add a bit more depth to the game beyond the existing methods of disposal. 

Haven't checked it yet, but since corpses are essentially containers, and you can burn them, why not fill another sort of container and plop it on a campfire kit?

Say, load all the rotten food and such into a garbage bag, then drop it on the campfire as you would a corpse. Fire burns and takes out the garbage bag as it would a zombie corpse. Couldn't be too hard to implement (if not already in game) I'd imagine. The only limiting factor would be your usage of bags when burning the trash. They tend to be important :P

Haven't checked it yet, but since corpses are essentially containers, and you can burn them, why not fill another sort of container and plop it on a campfire kit?

Say, load all the rotten food and such into a garbage bag, then drop it on the campfire as you would a corpse. Fire burns and takes out the garbage bag as it would a zombie corpse. Couldn't be too hard to implement (if not already in game) I'd imagine. The only limiting factor would be your usage of bags when burning the trash. They tend to be important :P

Why not just burn two birds with one stove and put all your crud and useless stuff you want to get rid of on the corpses, shoving it down your ex neighbours esophagus and burn them both?

And on another note- rotten food can be used for baiting animals. Or throwing at pedestrians and bad comedians.

I was thinking more the practical side of things. You can store your trash in bags, which are easily acquired, handled and disposed of, instead of zombies. Which are easily acquired, difficult to handle, and are generally uncooperative when you try to stretch them out to line the inside of a bin. After all, attracting a zombie to your safehouse and killing it to serve as a burnable trash can seems a little silly :P