Project Gutenboid Mod by JP

Jatta Pake

Project Gutenboid Mod

My second mod will show some love to the bibliophiles.

Preview (Or How It Will Work In Theory)

1. Books spawn and function like normal (i.e. reading a book reduces Boredom and destroys the book).
  2. However, reading a book also spawns a randomly identified and named book in the player's inventory.
    1. These are Normal items that have no affect on gameplay. They cannot be used to reduce character Boredom.
    2. Basically, these are nothing more than items the player can collect for their own personal library.
    3. Possible optional function: There will be an "Enjoy Book in Web Browser" option in the Context Menu for these items.  This launches the default browser directed to the Project Gutenberg html download of the entire book.
  3. The list of books is drawn from the Project Gutenberg list of free public domain books.

• 4 months later...

Project Gutenboid Mod

My second mod will show some love to the bibliophiles.

Preview (Or How It Will Work In Theory)

1. Books spawn and function like normal (i.e. reading a book reduces Boredom and destroys the book).
  2. However, reading a book also spawns a randomly identified and named book in the player's inventory.
    1. These are Normal items that have no affect on gameplay. They cannot be used to reduce character Boredom.
    2. Basically, these are nothing more than items the player can collect for their own personal library.
    3. Possible optional function: There will be an "Enjoy Book in Web Browser" option in the Context Menu for these items.  This launches the default browser directed to the Project Gutenberg html download of the entire book.
  3. The list of books is drawn from the Project Gutenberg list of free public domain books.

Dude, sign me up.