Prologue.

Ideacake

A woman runs across the road, panting in exertion, the dead hot on her trail. She knows she shouldn't be running, that it really isn't necessary. That they are too slow to catch her.

She dashes into the first house she sees,

not knowing it is full of the same creatures after her. She screams when she sees them, alerting the monsters to her presence. They turn around.

She stumbles backwards, falling over a coffee table. They move in, getting closer and closer.

She braces for the teeth to sink into her legs.

It never comes. Instead, the monsters fall to the floor with three gunshots.

A man stands before her, hunched over, a gun in his grasp. 

She struggles to get off the floor.

He holds his hand out to help her up.

She hesitates, then takes it.

They hear the dead that were after her before banging on the windows. They leave through the back door just as they break into the house.

_________________________________________________________________________________

This story comes WAY before my other one, End. You can read them in any order. It really doesn't matter. I am using the same format I used in 'End.', and I will probably continue the series in that format. They are out of order on purpose. Also, if you enjoy the series so far, which one should I do next?

Beginning, Middle, or Epilogue?

It doesn't matter which ones I make first, I will do them all. I just want some insight on what you guys might want to see next. The reason I ask is I want this story told in whatever way you guys want it told. I make the story, you decide when it should take place. (Along the story timeline, of course.)

Archived