Les Chevilles de Bois ! - Carpentry Suggestion

Onkeen

1377272985-greeting.jpg

Guys I'm back ! First post on the new forum !

... Did anyone remember about me ? x)

Well I was to much lazy to create a new account untill i'll be motivated to do so...

So here I am ! To make a sugestion about carpentry !

Note : As Kinyoshi pointed out, what I call Cheville is Wooden Dowel pins.

In fact, my suggestion is about Carpenter's Handmade Wooden Dowel pins (not the Ikea's little ones).

1377250086-chevilles2.jpg

C'MON ! Why my picture is REDUCED !

Time to Update the Suggestion !

This is the second part of my suggestion, it's a lot about my personal experience with Handmade Wooden Pins.

Including how does it works, where does this method came from and some examples to show why it could be a good thing to unlock at level 4 and 5 in carpentry.

1377274444-update.jpg

SERIOUSLY ! That's even more reduced than the first one ! Roar !

Icons Update !

To show my devotion to this project, I have also made some icons pixel art sprites, modders should chek these out !

I'm about to do wall, floor and maybe furniture textures, but I need the original textures to do so,

does anyone know where to find the vanilla tiles for items on the map ?

1377292597-icon-update2.jpg

Mod Update !

I've made it ! I was quite harsh but I'm proud to show you today

The Handmade Wooden Dowels Mod

1377380937-mod-update.jpg

You can download the mod here :

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1091-handmade-wooden-dowels-realistic-nails-alternative/

Don't forget to repport bugs, I really hope ths mod will satisfy you !  :mrgreen:

I went to research (Find out how easy it is to make it work and how most of them look) but i couldnt find it i got part of a foot when i searched chevilles or i got the thing you put a screw in haha anyway while i was looking it makes me think of the types of wooden joints i made in school and i found this

It would be more complex and take more time, having to saw it and make it exact and to make it fit with other pieces and maybe glue but oh well only posting this to ask if it's the same kinda idea haha

dt_complexframe.gif

Edit:

just re-read the picture and noticed it was Cheville en bois, i searched that now i feel a bit like an idiot but ahwell, i do like the idea

and i should stop skim reading stuff

Edited by Insanehuman

Dowels ! Thats kida something like this yeah.

But the pictures on Wikipedia of  wooden dowels are the Ikea's wooden dowels.

The carpenters that have worked on my grand father house has made a full dressing and also the whole roof framework with different sized, homemade wooden dowels (like the ones on the presentation picture).

But I think you are wright, the english word is dowel !

Wich means we should also find some "wooden dowel pins" in the D.I.Y. shop's crates.

Thanks  :-D

More over, even if i am not a good coder (i have personally only made so professions modding for myself), i think adding one new item & new unlockable building recipes locked by the carpentry level should'nt be too hard to implement.

But the screwdriver restrition / drill restriction / time to build / noise / battery consumation is something that really need high codding skills.  :???:

+ I've took some pictures in my grand father's house, i'll post a update in this late afternoon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED !

Pictures and a lot of informations about this carpenting method have been aded to the main post !

Feel free to feedback ! ;)

More over, even if i am not a good coder (i have personally only made so professions modding for myself), i think adding one new item & new unlockable building recipes locked by the carpentry level should'nt be too hard to implement.

Exactly. You can simply expand the recipes, create an icon for the new item and presto.

I recommend keeping the crafting linked to the hammer for the sake of simplicity.

Icons Update !

I have made some Icons for the item erm... "Handmade Drowel" or maybe "Handmade Wooden Drowel" or even "Handmade Wooden Drowel pins"... Well... That's quite longs item name, i'll go for "Chevilles" :mrgreen:

Then if any modder or member of the staff want's to use it, do it ! (credits much appreciated :-) )

So, what do you think of the icons ?

Mod Update !

Seeing that the idea has convinced some people, I've decided to mod my own suggestion...

After a lot of failed atempt, I've finally made a mod that add the Handmade Wooden Dowels ans their craft into the game !

Download link on the mod page :

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1091-handmade-wooden-dowels-realistic-nails-alternative/

Please tell me if you find any kind of bug :-D