Waffles vs Pancakes

MashPotato

The Ultimate Question!  

2292 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better: pancakes or waffles?

• PANCAKES
    • WAFFLES

Guys the reason pancakes exist is because waffles were a peaceful species then the humans started hunting and trapping them so they adapted to have no grids where the humans wouldn't prefer them, but finally the humans found them too delicious and left them on the brink of extinction now the pancakes and waffles fight for who shall be sacrificed to the humans. Many revolutionists have tried to stop this unorthodox method but have failed resulting in them getting shipped off to the land of no-return. Then something extraordinary happened a hybrid a paffle was made in the attempts to stop the humans once and for all. The humans didn't find this one delicious so they fought over who had to die after eating the paffle. Soon the Paffle learned to bend the elements itself and then bent air in order to protect his pancake and waffle brethren from the humans. It didn't work so then he learned to control all the elements and attack the humans at the very source. The sun. After mastering bending paffle traveled through space and time in order to find the sun and crush it. But what he saw before him was that of a nightmare. At the core of the sun was syrup. Petrified paffle let his guard down letting him be abolished by the gravity of the sun to what is now the yellow sun. 

I call bullshit!

Obviously the pancakes were peaceful until some of it's members turned against the Pancake Empire and chose to have those grids on them, then they convinced the other traitorous scum to join them. Thus the war started and humans argued on which empire they should cause havoc on... why?

Because we're good at causing apocalyptic stuff to this world we were given to live in, just look at the forests!

A little off topic, is your profile picture Negan?

Why yes, yes it is!

Guys the reason pancakes exist is because waffles were a peaceful species then the humans started hunting and trapping them so they adapted to have no grids where the humans wouldn't prefer them, but finally the humans found them too delicious and left them on the brink of extinction now the pancakes and waffles fight for who shall be sacrificed to the humans. Many revolutionists have tried to stop this unorthodox method but have failed resulting in them getting shipped off to the land of no-return. Then something extraordinary happened a hybrid a paffle was made in the attempts to stop the humans once and for all. The humans didn't find this one delicious so they fought over who had to die after eating the paffle. Soon the Paffle learned to bend the elements itself and then bent air in order to protect his pancake and waffle brethren from the humans. It didn't work so then he learned to control all the elements and attack the humans at the very source. The sun. After mastering bending paffle traveled through space and time in order to find the sun and crush it. But what he saw before him was that of a nightmare. At the core of the sun was syrup. Petrified paffle let his guard down letting him be abolished by the gravity of the sun to what is now the yellow sun. 

I call bullshit!

Obviously the pancakes were peaceful until some of it's members turned against the Pancake Empire and chose to have those grids on them, then they convinced the other traitorous scum to join them. Thus the war started and humans argued on which empire they should cause havoc on... why?

Because we're good at causing apocalyptic stuff to this world we were given to live in, just look at the forests!

A little off topic, is your profile picture Negan?

Why yes, yes it is!

I just started reading the comics and just to to the part where he's introduced.

If you try to do the magical trick of curling up pancakes, you feel amazing. If you do that to a waffle they break. Go figure.

Oh Bt dubs, anyone who says, but syrup runs off a pancake. That's an american thing. British pancakes are thin and go well with sugar and lemon. American pancakes are a bit too thick for my liking.

• 2 weeks later...

EVERYBODY FREEZE. I STUDY PANCAKEOLOGY AND I KNOW FROM POSSILS (PANCAKE FOSSILS) THAT WAFFLES DID INDEED BECOME THE PANCAKE TALIBAN BUT CHOSE TO RENAME AS 'WAFFLES'. THEREFORE PANCAKES ARE FAR SUPERIOR. MY RESEARCH ALSO SHOWS THAT THE BRITISH PANCAKE IS THE MOST SUPERIOR EVAH.  

http://honestcooking.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/ep2HC.jpg - Link To British Pancake

http://www.sheridanrogers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/American-pancakes.jpg - Link To American Pancake

Pancakes are so superior that this thread will soon deteriorate into pancake in-fighting to see which pancake is to be crowned leader of the Pancake Alliance.

1 000 000 internet monies on Dutch pancakes FTW.

Pancakes are so superior that this thread will soon deteriorate into pancake in-fighting to see which pancake is to be crowned leader of the Pancake Alliance.

1 000 000 internet monies on Dutch pancakes FTW.

Ah, I see you have been enlightened by the holy Dutch Pancakes.

I usually prefer to make pancakes when I'm cooking either of the two, just because I hate to have to pull out the waffle iron. 

But when I'm out and about, I always order a waffle or french toast.

Went to Barista Parlor in Nashville the other day, decided to try their Pop's Peach Waffle and oh my god was that the best f'n waffle EVER. 

Waffles ftw, polls lie.

Ah, I see you have been enlightened by the holy Dutch Pancakes.

Er is geen betere pannenkoeken op aarde!

Clearly the pancake people have been making dummy forum accounts just to up the pancake votes.  For shame.

So when are we going to get an 'Unlike' button?

So when are we going to get an 'Unlike' button?

Probably around the same time Facebook does (ie never).

We could turn full karma system on, which would let you downvote stuff. Never really seen the need for it here though.

No thanks, downvoting is very susceptible to trolling and malice. No, need to add that.

Not sure if google translate or just bad Dutch.

That would just be bad Dutch, I assumed it from my own language, 300 years has made us a bit rusty when it comes to guessing the correct Dutch. Are you a Dutchman by the way? And could you perhaps show me what I did wrong gramatically? Is 'pannenkoeken' plural or singular?

Here it is without my half-assed translatory attempt: Daar is geen beter pannekoek op Aarde nie.

That would just be bad Dutch, I assumed it from my own language, 300 years has made us a bit rusty when it comes to guessing the correct Dutch. Are you a Dutchman by the way? And could you perhaps show me what I did wrong gramatically? Is 'pannenkoeken' plural or singular?

Here it is without my half-assed translatory attempt: Daar is geen beter pannekoek op Aarde nie.

'Pannekoeken' is plural. So yeah, that's the mistake. If you knock off the -en then it's singular. So the correct Dutch sentence would be: "Er zijn geen betere pannekoeken op aarde!" Or "Er is geen betere pannekoek op aarde!" Both would work, but generally Dutch people would tend towards the former.

And yes, I am a Dutchman. And I am guessing you are South-African, as most other ports(not counting the ones we still own) we used to own have mostly stopped using the Dutch language, and your half-assed translation does look the part of old Dutch you'd find being used there.

You'd be correct in that guess. I am indeed South African, proud Afrikaans always glad to meet more of our Dutch counterparts. Such a shame that our dominion has fell on hard times. Hopefully it will pick up in a hundred or so years after the world finally bows to our superior pancakes. :)

You'd be correct in that guess. I am indeed South African, proud Afrikaans always glad to meet more of our Dutch counterparts. Such a shame that our dominion has fell on hard times. Hopefully it will pick up in a hundred or so years after the world finally bows to our superior pancakes. :)

And pies, don't forget Limburger pies(vlaai).