Seasons/Erosion

Duncan816

So ladies and gentleman as some of you may know the PZ devs are adding the erosion mod that also adds seasons. So????? Lets talk about some features that would make this interesting, shall we?

1.Clothing: During those cold seasons you will need to fight for warmth especially when the gas/power go out. Resolution? Get that jacket on and strap on those boots and pants this can make a VERY serious yet entertaining experience, especially during a blizzard when you're outside. So seek shelter. 

2.Food?: Well this mainly appeals to the cold seasons but you could melt snow for water but you need fire or gas. Even better? How about natures natural freezer to keep those foods frozen and last longer.

3.Terrain: when it snows as you may know snow banks can form so? Well these could slow down a person travelling and maybe when they add them, vehicles!

4.Zombies: The zombies in the cold could become slower due to freezing and become more frail. Example: You smack a raw pork loin HARD against something flat its not gonna do much but you freeze it and do it, it can snap with enough force.

Any other suggestions that are GOOD? Leave them below And i'll add em!

It's worth noting that temperature (cold and hot) are already in the game, and putting on  more clothing does indeed keep you warmer.

No i'm implying like REALLY cold weather that you can't just overcome with a sweater and jeans

Visual effects like blizzards, snowfall and actual snow and more winter clothing like great coats/trenches, winter coats, ushankas, toques and scarves, snowpants and winter boots would be nice to see as well.

This is something I had in mind but it's a long way but it would add a lot of immersion

It's worth noting that temperature (cold and hot) are already in the game, and putting on  more clothing does indeed keep you warmer.

No i'm implying like REALLY cold weather that you can't just overcome with a sweater and jeans

Visual effects like blizzards, snowfall and actual snow and more winter clothing like great coats/trenches, winter coats, ushankas, toques and scarves, snowpants and winter boots would be nice to see as well.

This is something I had in mind but it's a long way but it would add a lot of immersion

http://kentucky.stateguidesusa.com/answers-to-my-questions/what-are-the-average-monthly-temperatures-in-kentucky?/

try to remember, the game is based in real life Kentucky with the Devs aiming to make the whole game as close to real life a possible.

an average coldest temperature of 25 F in January really does not necessitate the heavy parkas and cold weather stuff that would be common in a northern state such as Minnesota.

now, blizzards.....as you will see in the link below, Louisville averages 12 days of snow a year, with an average 12 inches per year

http://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Kentucky/annual-snowfall.php

It may be based in Kentucky right now- but who says a modder or the dev team may stay solely there?

Mind, mod teams may very well take up these suggestions too y'know. I'd love to have a location set in Canada, even if it is work of a mod.

Also, Fahrenheit... we meet again... (I really don't know how to read Fahrenheit... will have to translate that to Celsius later.)

http://kentucky.stateguidesusa.com/answers-to-my-questions/what-are-the-average-monthly-temperatures-in-kentucky?/

try to remember, the game is based in real life Kentucky with the Devs aiming to make the whole game as close to real life a possible.

an average coldest temperature of 25 F in January really does not necessitate the heavy parkas and cold weather stuff that would be common in a northern state such as Minnesota.

now, blizzards.....as you will see in the link below, Louisville averages 12 days of snow a year, with an average 12 inches per year

http://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Kentucky/annual-snowfall.php

Oh no IK its right next to fort Knox as well be it would be nice to have variety, and who know, maybe losing so much people has reduced damage to our planet sparking this

It may be based in Kentucky right now- but who says a modder or the dev team may stay solely there?

Mind, mod teams may very well take up these suggestions too y'know. I'd love to have a location set in Canada, even if it is work of a mod.

Also, Fahrenheit... we meet again... (I really don't know how to read Fahrenheit... will have to translate that to Celsius later.)

Well, from everything the dev team has told us... the dev team has said the game will stay in the area around Muldraugh. They're expanding the map outwards linearly, and from everything they've said the plan is to continue doing that.

For mod suggestions, we do have a mod suggestion subforum :P

Well in sandbox mode you can change the temperature settings so I think blizzards should be added.

That would be nice or they could add a map here in Canada (where I live :P) that way they could have it so winters are longer colder and more intense

Well, from everything the dev team has told us... the dev team has said the game will stay in the area around Muldraugh. They're expanding the map outwards linearly, and from everything they've said the plan is to continue doing that.

For mod suggestions, we do have a mod suggestion subforum :P

Was not aware of this- will check this out.