lemmy101

To fix it on Linux, open projectzomboid.sh and put in

-Ddebug \

Does this still work in 26? I've added it (same as I added in 25c) but F11 isn't working. I've been busy for a couple weeks so maybe I've missed something. I find I'm lost without it now. :)

• 3 months later...

-dDebug

No, this is also trigger error Unknow option.

".\jre64\bin\java.exe" -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -Djava.library.path=./ -cp lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;./ zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState -dDebugPAUSE

I put the flag in wrong place:

This is working:

".\jre64\bin\java.exe" -Ddebug -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -Djava.library.path=./ -cp lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;./ zombie.gameStates.MainScreenStatePAUSE

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi guys I'm having some problems here:

Before , i could launch the game in debug mode perfectly. Later I didn't have the option to play solo , online. And now I can't even open the debug mode even If i press shift before launching the game , after launching the game , when the console open, it simply doesn't seems to work. I tried to make the -debug or -Ddebug but I don't know where to place it can you guys help me?

I'm using windows 10

Edit: Pressing 5 on the numbers of the right seems to disable the Hud , and pressing slowly the left shif key seems to work , still want to know where I need to place the -debug code.

Edited by axeladalidez78

• 1 year later...

On 5/2/2014 at 11:21 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

Might have to add it after the call to zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState now:

zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState  -debug

No longer seems to work with the -D flag.

I'm trying to get the debugger working with linux on 38.30 steam multiplayer. It doesn't seem to matter where I put -debug/-Ddebug/-dDebug I've tried adding each of those three before -Xms1024m, after -Xmx1024m , and after zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState. I still can't get f11 to open the debugger. Java version openjdk version "1.8.0_151"

• 4 years later...

It's really a very helpful tool. Of course, it can't be compared to something like Mobdebug (I tried to somehow inject a socket without recompiling the zombie package but failed miserably... lol), but it's definitely extremely useful.

Just two small suggestions on my part that could further improve the handling:

• A small search bar for the window of loaded lua files would be a nice thing. Even if it works trivial like the first regex match so something like that. Scrolling through this long list can be very painful.
  • Adding item to the watchlist out of the stack trace list would be nice, too. Or as alternative, adding the object to the watchlist which is currently opened in an object viewer window.
    Currently it only seems to work with members inside the opened object. This is of course helpful, but you have to get the higher level into the stack manually to add object to the watchlist. Especially with global objects, this is laborious, since you have to open _G in the Object Viewer and search for the corresponding objects (a search field might help here as well, or the option of arranging the members alphabetically)

Best regards,

stuck1a

Edited by stuck1a
stroked 1 - just noted there is a search bar already...

• 1 year later...