Your Favorite Weapon?

Frying Pan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sawed off shotgun, Hillbilleh style!

Or my fists, to punch out all their blood, cookies to who gets the reference.  ;)

I never liked the sawed off, honestly. I figure it would have been better, as you could kill up to 6 zombies instead of 5. However, it doesn't always kill the zombies it hits. I'm not sure if its any better or worse in v28 but I know shotguns got a nerf.

I prefer the 

Sawed off shotgun, Hillbilleh style!

Or my fists, to punch out all their blood, cookies to who gets the reference.  ;)

I never liked the sawed off, honestly. I figure it would have been better, as you could kill up to 6 zombies instead of 5. However, it doesn't always kill the zombies it hits. I'm not sure if its any better or worse in v28 but I know shotguns got a nerf.

I had a go with the sawn-off for the first time there. Of the regular and sawn-off variant I prefer the original one. The sawn-off whilst having a larger spread does, like you said, have a lower chance of killing zombies. The shotgun already has a larger spread than the other guns, so I'm happy with the area it can hit already without wanting to compromise the damage it deals (as come on, if you're firing the thing in the first place you want to know the groups you're shooting will be dead. There's only so many slugs in the tube before you have to reload and you don't want the zombies to be still kicking when that happens). 

The axe will have to be my current favourite weapon. Well perhaps not favourite, but its the most practical. Nah, I like rifles. After finding one (from a mod) in game I immediately saw just how iffy shotguns can be in every situation bar when fighting a horde. A rifle (with a decent accuracy level) can take out single zombies easy enough, whilst giving you enough distance between you and them that if something goes wrong you can scarper pretty quickly (the sprint skill is my main points dump...). So whilst a rifle isn't going to do much against a horde, they're not the type of weapon you should be using against them in the first place. ...Bringing me back to the pros of shotguns. ;)

I like the spoon, because you start fighting a zombie with a spoon, and then... there is no spoon. Spoons suck

When dealing with one or two, I usually don't use weapons at all. When hordes, I use baseball bats. I've never used a gun for fighting zombies.

Maybe this is why you use a spoon?

Mostly overseen: Knives and Forks. They are very unique weapons cause you need one for every fight, so you can leave a broken cutlery in every corpse, make them know that you are the  Forkmaster!

And when your standing over a dead corpse, with your broken, bloody spoon in both hands... you can say hey I got that one with a spoon. 

I can see why you have a dolan for a picture xD

spiked baseball bats and frying pans, though I like frying pans a lot. mostly cuz in most games that tends to me my most used weapon in anygame I play, and I save the high valuable weapons till I really need them, so after a while after a safehouse is founded and im building my to glory, i'll have multiple axes and baseball bats, guns and all that crap, but I love my frying pans, I picture a good old cast iron, 20lb skillet. My wrist's are huge 

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWh_By_vFGw

First post, and I think this vid demonstrates why I use either Hunting Knives or Lockblade Knives (With a mod)...

Few swigs of whisky before I head out for supplies and then it's up and close and personal until I make a mistake :angry:

P.S. I wanna duel wield!

Good chose of weapon I am to using a mod with locking blade knives and it the first time I used a knife at all in the game. It great as long as there are not to many Zed's.

Oh and welcome to the forums. ;)

Mine is a regular baseball bat. The nailed bat has lower durability, so I stick with the regular one. Good range, good damage, and it doesn't wear you out as fast as an axe or sledgehammer. And in reality, a bat has way less chance to get stuck like a bladed weapon. So yeah, for me a bat is the best way to go. I just hope they add a rare metal bat with more durability and damage but higher exertion.

• 2 weeks later...

Because it carries me away from danger and it also kills.

I hate to be a heel, but I think you're toeing the line...

Sorry, behaving now :P

Actually Viceroy's pic has got me thinking - is there any thought to implementing a kick instead of/including a shove as an unarmed attack? Dunno about the rest of you fine folk but I'd be more comfortable having a steelcapped boot attempting to knock over a zed rather than a couple of unprotected hands :)  I'll post that up on the suggestions box.