Throwing Objects and items / Creating Distractions

cuddlepums

Do you think throwing items and distraction items should be added to the game?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think throwing objects/items should be added?

• Yes I like the idea.
    • No I don't like the idea.
    • I like the idea but it should be added in a different way.
  2. 2. Do you think distraction items should be added?

• Yes I would like some distraction items.
    • No I don't want distraction items in the game.

I had an idea since when looting areas i was getting of tired of killing all the zombies around the area i was looting. So i thought it would be awesome if we could throw glass bottles and other objects to create distractions. Perhaps even throwing other objects at windows to break them, such as bricks or other objects that are capable enough to break a window.

Also to go with it we should be able to throw weapons at zombies, perhaps even craft some sort of throwing spear/sharp stick to throw at zombies. And to go with the ability to throw weapons at zombies a throwing skill could be added determining the accuracy at which you throw the object/item. This could help taking out zombies silently without having to get up close, though it should require lots of practice to master. (Also the amount of strength you have could determine how far u throw maybe???)

And to finish this thread off I believe some distraction items should be added such as alarm clocks, or cellphones which you can place down and make its alarm go off so you can safely loot or do whatever while the zombies are distracted :ph34r:

Alright well thats it what do you guys think?

I looked and these are not very commonly suggested, I did find some threads that have these ideas but still there really not commonly suggested, it is just they have been suggested before.

So, this is basically just one more of them.

There isn't really anything new or original about this thread in particular.

(Not to be rude)

To be fair I didn't spot any topics specifically for thrown weapons recently, the only thing I can think of was that one post I made in the arrow's topic.

I like the idea of this, using items to distract-

but to even bring it further, the ability to craft your own pila's, javelins and throwing spears from wood and other materials. Slings would be in this category as well, and perhaps simple rock chucking at this too or throwing your hunting or kitchen knives if you wanna pull that risk and have some to spare.

To be fair I didn't spot any topics specifically for thrown weapons recently, the only thing I can think of was that one post I made in the arrow's topic.

They exist, but whether you can match the terminology used and how you define recently will likely very. Don't worry about it. :)

Don't worry about others getting hung up on the search feature or what is/isn't common, cuddlepums.

Throw-able javelins/spears seem like a fine idea for a weapon, if perhaps impractical against the undead (gotta hit that brain).

They exist, but whether you can match the terminology used and how you define recently will likely very. Don't worry about it. :)

Don't worry about others getting hung up on the search feature or what is/isn't common, cuddlepums.

Throw-able javelins/spears seem like a fine idea for a weapon, if perhaps impractical against the undead (gotta hit that brain).

There is more to kill then just zombies too :P

You could very well use pilas and javelins to kill Zombies, but there will also be deers, boars and other animals to stick in with, and a sling that can whip hard rocks to smash a zombie's skull would be a great weapon in general. Slings have always been fairly good for crushing in peoples skulls.

And then there is the fact- these work well with killing your fellow man as well. Not that you'd want to do that too often of course but given the circumstances...