Hygiene- Muck, Camo and Morale (and for added measure, Hats!)

Comrade Crimson

Apologies. Figuring to delete this now then- what I get for posting late at night after work.

Edit: Done. Forget this ever existed.

No, Feel free to post, every suggestion is are welcome here (well, almost every). Don't be afraid to post, and don't censor yourself about suggestions :-)

Welcome to the forums :-)

I really liked your suggestion! I agree that more hats and proper camouflage would make a lovely addition to the game around the Clothening. Furthermore, your suggestion for hygiene seemed pretty elegant to me, despite it being a definite developer no.

Oop! Also, welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the warm welcome- though after reading the bulletins its a clear no, and I should learn to read.

This is what the idea was:

Did not include pooping and all that excrement crap. Rather having showers/washes/baths to wash off muck and grime that would deteriorate the character's health due to depression and liability to sickness if not tended to, and this would occur after a long time has passed or being in melee conflict with a zombie and getting splatter on you, (or with an NPC.)

There would be 4 ways to get clean. Good old shower and bath, gives happiness and helps player temperature as well as clean/

de-stresses, goes when the power does.

Rain, which requires the player to stand out in the cold, damp rain for a long time. Not fun and can cause problems as much as help.

Swimming in water- cleans you but it can make you cold, especially at winter, or cool you off if you are over heated. But there is the potential of getting leeches on your character.

And building your own shower. Does what the ye olde ones did but costs a lot of water to operate and run. And yes, you'd be in your underwear with all of this, not nude.

Other idea was simply more hats and using dirt as camouflage to a marginal extent, just helping be less visible at a distance, but not up close obviously. Night time would multiply this effect.

Rest of it was nonsense that after reading the pinups, is not wanted and not worth repeating.

Now you can proceed to gather the firing squad and aim...

I wouldn't mind having some camo gear in the game; there's certainly enough of it floating around with the amount of hunters in towns like these. It wouldn't do you a lick of good against zombies, mind, but giving NPC's a slightly lower chance of seeing you, and actually making you blend into the grass/trees a bit vs. other players could be quite useful.