A few suggestions

Wiizzy

Hi Guys, 

I've been following PZ since it was in its early days, and may I say it's certainly coming on.

It's not often I find myself on forums but tonight I feel (after playing PZ for a few hours), my time to make some suggestions has come.

So far I am enjoying the PZ experience as I am totally into Survival RPG games, and as far as I'm concerned this is the only legitimate Zombie simulator, so thankyou to the Indy Stone team for continuing their efforts on this game, Thumbs up guys!!

Now, onto some suggestions... 

I apologise if anything here has already been covered in previous threads;

First and foremost, whilst playing PZ I usually hold up in the Large warehouse to the north of Muldraugh. This just so happens to get very cold at night... And currently I cannot find any other warmer clothing than a Sweater, Pants and shoes... Are we going to see coats (protection from rain), hiking boots and equipment? etc... Another small point is perhaps clothing and footwear should slowly wear out, giving use to ALL the other clothing in game. 

I'm sure I had seen sleeping bags mentioned somewhere, but perhaps these could be found in the world and crafted from a few sheets, a pillow, a needle and thread (which I've also seen mentioned, I believe needle and thread are already being added in game).

Bleeding: When a player is bleeding and is not bandaged, it would make sense for them to leave a visual trail of blood... this could be used to track down other players... Stop this by bandaging the wound. Trails should be removable with cleaning items. I would also suggest adding this into the hunting section for tracking animals when that gunshot doesn't deliver a fatal blow.. (are you adding deers etc?)

I have heard that RJ is working on the firearms and has been working on attachments.. I'm just wondering if a silencer has been considered... Kinda important... but again, hard if not impossible to craft these items would be RARE! 

PLEASE reduce the amount for PAINT spawns! Seriously... it's ridiculous how much paint I have!

(which I will never use! Good idea though 8-))

Have the team taken into consideration about Illnesses? I mean catching a cold will make you sneeze etc, have you thought at all about belching and passing wind after eating? Random coughs perhaps... You know, that situation where your hiding in the closet as a heard of hungry zeds pass through the house, your absolutely terrified and what do you know.. out comes a little toot... phew!

HATS! Yes, Hats.... where are all the hats!? 

Aches and Pains? Presumably from running a lot. I know this fits closely with fatigue but I think the pain of hurting feet could be a big issue, maybe stress the player out and most noticeably slows the players run and walk speed.... 

I know this was already refused... but hygiene... seriously guys... no hygiene? 

MUSIC! This should be one of the major forms of stress relief! Find an old CD player and some CDs? An IPOD perhaps, maybe even a MP3 player! With the use of batteries and headphones this would muffle all sound but would be very relaxing. 

DRUGS! What else in the world would YOU do during a zombie apocalypse? 

I know you guys are looking at a season system in which to implement the cold weathers of winter and the hot sticky sun of the summer... I just wanted to point out the fact of walking sounds and tracks. 

If you implement snowing, footprints MUST follow along with the AWESOME sound snow makes under your feet. Also in the autumn, you'd have the problem of those pesky leave crushing under your feet. 

POCKETS! 

HAS ANYONE THOUGHT OF POCKETS? 

For example your character may be able to carry SO much in weight... but where the hell does he put 400 nails when all he is wearing is underwear...? 

Following this point perhaps your 'Naked' char should only be able to carry so many items... but when wearing clothes adds a higher limit to the number of items the player could carry. Thus limiting the weight and number of items a player can carry... logical? 

HAIR! Has anyone considered the fact hair grows....

PUT A USE TO THE INGAME RAZOR  :???: !?

That said I'm sure there are many other suggestions I could bore you with, but as it's 4:10am I think I'll leave it here.

Please leave me some feedback and again apologies if some of this content has already been covered in other threads. 

Finally, I would just like to say that you guys at the Indy Stone ROCK! You have created a masterpiece from scratch and despite the world taking a keen interest in zombies, you guys have made the ONLY zombie game which comes close to actual zombie survival. Well done!

- Wiizzy 

(PZ Fan - Survivor) 

Hi Guys, 

I've been following PZ since it was in its early days, and may I say it's certainly coming on.

It's not often I find myself on forums but tonight I feel (after playing PZ for a few hours), my time to make some suggestions has come.

So far I am enjoying the PZ experience as I am totally into Survival RPG games, and as far as I'm concerned this is the only legitimate Zombie simulator, so thankyou to the Indy Stone team for continuing their efforts on this game, Thumbs up guys!!

First and foremost, whilst playing PZ I usually hold up in the Large warehouse to the north of Muldraugh. This just so happens to get very cold at night... And currently I cannot find any other warmer clothing than a Sweater, Pants and shoes... Are we going to see coats (protection from rain), hiking boots and equipment? etc... Another small point is perhaps clothing and footwear should slowly wear out, giving use to ALL the other clothing in game. 

The dev will add more clothing in game and make it more useful, but them working on cars,NPC's and other things ties them up. I would say yes to shoes and t-shirts going into rags when broke.

I'm sure I had seen sleeping bags mentioned somewhere, but perhaps these could be found in the world and crafted from a few sheets, a pillow, a needle and thread (which I've also seen mentioned, I believe needle and thread are already being added in game).

Yes

Bleeding: When a player is bleeding and is not bandaged, it would make sense for them to leave a visual trail of blood... this could be used to track down other players... Stop this by bandaging the wound. Trails should be removable with cleaning items. I would also suggest adding this into the hunting section for tracking animals when that gunshot doesn't deliver a fatal blow.. (are you adding deers etc?)

When i bleed in game my guy dies leave a blood trail, as i said before the devs are working on the map and cars and NPC's. Blood leeking from deer is i think on the To-do list.

I have heard that RJ is working on the firearms and has been working on attachments.. I'm just wondering if a silencer has been considered... Kinda important... but again, hard if not impossible to craft these items would be RARE! 

I will say this once, Before Rathlord comes, silencer's are so rare in real life, it takes years and lot's of paperwork. So manmade gone. Homemade ones won't work, plus the thing would bust easy, remember you can always mod it in.

PLEASE reduce the amount for PAINT spawns! Seriously... it's ridiculous how much paint I have!

Have you seen my paint?

Have the team taken into consideration about Illnesses? I mean catching a cold will make you sneeze etc, have you thought at all about belching and passing wind after eating? Random coughs perhaps... You know, that situation where your hiding in the closet as a heard of hungry zeds pass through the house, your absolutely terrified and what do you know.. out comes a little toot... phew!

I think that farting and belching comes too close to real life. I think that one random cough that makes the hoard eat you after 1 year building the base you dreamed about may seem bad. (Not saying it is a bad idea, just it needs a system that luck is not the main thing) Also in game after getting soaked in rain for a long time will make you have a cold, You will sneeze. The only way to not to is having a tissue.

On the head of the longest to-do list!

Aches and Pains? Presumably from running a lot. I know this fits closely with fatigue but I think the pain of hurting feet could be a big issue, maybe stress the player out and most noticeably slows the players run and walk speed.... 

Yes please. When the medical system gets worked i would like this in.

This might sound harsh, but if you want hygiene you might need to make your own game, or you mod it in.

MUSIC! This should be one of the major forms of stress relief! Find an old CD player and some CDs? An IPOD perhaps, maybe even a MP3 player! With the use of batteries and headphones this would muffle all sound but would be very relaxing. 

I don't know, There is no real time zone for PZ.

Burning all the weed and all the other crap in my firepit. (Remember there is cigs and boose) (P.S Please no flame war over drugs, i ment no harm)

I know you guys are looking at a season system in which to implement the cold weathers of winter and the hot sticky sun of the summer... I just wanted to point out the fact of walking sounds and tracks. 

If you implement snowing, footprints MUST follow along with the AWESOME sound snow makes under your feet. Also in the autumn, you'd have the problem of those pesky leave crushing under your feet. 

Yup i would love this.

POCKETS! 

For example your character may be able to carry SO much in weight... but where the hell does he put 400 nails when all he is wearing is underwear...? 

Following this point perhaps your 'Naked' char should only be able to carry so many items... but when wearing clothes adds a higher limit to the number of items the player could carry. Thus limiting the weight and number of items a player can carry... logical? 

Good point.

I don't think the devs want that in game, remember you can always mod that in.

That said I'm sure there are many  other suggestions I could bore you with, but as it's 4:10am I think I'll leave it here.

Please leave me some feedback and again apologies if some of this content has already been covered in other threads. 

Finally, I would just like to say that you guys at the Indy Stone ROCK! You have created a masterpiece from scratch and despite the world taking a keen interest in zombies, you guys have made the ONLY zombie game which comes close to actual zombie survival. Well done!

- Wiizzy 

(PZ Fan - Survivor) 

If you have a problem with what i said, Please we can talk it out, we don't need to flame!

Hi Guys, 

I like the idea of clothing and footwear wearing out. It makes perfect sense that when you get hurt by a zombie your clothes take damage as well.

This looks fair, you bleed and if you don't heal yourself you leave a blood trail.

Silencers should be very hard to find, if they even spawn.

I don't have that problem with the paint. Yeah, i find a lot, but i just don't pick it up. 

Not a huge fan of that kind of scenes in the movie when someone is hiding and makes a stupid noise and get killed. If it's a fart, a bleach or a cough, it looks even worse to me.

Hats are fun, so lots of hats should be in. 

So yesterday you run a lot (whith some time for walk as you don't want to guet fatigue) to outrun a horde of zombies, you get to yout base and rest a little. Next morning you got up, your feet hurt, you walk out the door and your frendy neighbour zombie horde is waiting four you outside. Then you want to run, but your feet hurt and you run slower, then you fatigue, and you must walk slower as your feet hurt. You will probably die. Don't like the idea unless the game gets more realistic: no poop, no feet pain.

Stress and boredom (and maybe even happiness) could get boosted with this, so i like the idea.

So you are trying to survive and you start doing drugs? haven't you got better things to do than that like, you know, surviving? gathering food, scavenging tools and weapons, avoid hordes and fighting zombies seems a better way to use my time in the apocalispe.

Seems a nice idea, I would love to see zombies crazed as they make lots of sound when other zombies walk and they don't know what to do.   

POCKETS! 

Then we have a huge problem here. If you are naked, you should not be able to carry a primary and a secondary item if equiped or more weight if you have nothing unequiped, and you shouldn't be able to push nothing as you don't have free hands. With pants, you could carry some more stuff as you can put things in your pockets, but then again it would be limited by the size of the pockets. Then, when you try to build stairs you need to have in your inventory a hammer, 8 nails and 8 planks... and how are you going to carry 8 planks in one hand, because you need one for the hammer. It might not be realistic, but that would be a real pain.

Makes perfect sense.  

That said I'm sure there are many other suggestions I could bore you with, but as it's 4:10am I think I'll leave it here.

- Wiizzy 

(PZ Fan - Survivor)

Hi Guys, 

I like the idea of clothing and footwear wearing out. It makes perfect sense that when you get hurt by a zombie your clothes take damage as well. Good idea!

This looks fair, you bleed and if you don't heal yourself you leave a blood trail.  I think this is in the game, i can't play some zomboid, can anyone test

Silencers should be be hard to find, if they even spawn. One of the no noes on this list. http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting-unofficial/

I don't have that problem with the paint. Yeah, i find a lot, but i just don't pick it up.

Not a huge fan of that kind of scenes in the movie when someone is hiding and makes a stupid noise and get killed. If it's a fart, a bleach or a cough, it looks even worse to me. Yup.

Hats are fun, so lots of hats should be in. I think NPC's could come first, but hey, you never know.

So yesterday you run a lot (whith some time for walk as you don't want to guet fatigue) to outrun a horde of zombies, you get to yout base and rest a little. Next morning you got up, your feet hurt, you walk out the door and your frendy neighbour zombie horde is waiting four you outside. Then you want to run, but your feet hurt and you run slower, then you fatigue, and you must walk slower as your feet hurt. You will probably die. Don't like the idea unless the game gets more realistic: no poop, no feet pain.  (fedora) <--- Thinks this idea is cool.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting-unofficial/

Stress and boredom (and maybe even happiness) could get boosted with this, so i like the idea.

So you are trying to survive and you start doing drugs? haven't you got better things to do than that like, you know, surviving? gathering food, scavenging tools and weapons, avoid hordes and fighting zombies seems a better way to use my time in the apocalispe. Agreed.

Seems a nice idea, I would love to see zombies crazed as they make lots of sound when other zombies walk and they don't know what to do. Nice idea! 

POCKETS! 

Then we have a huge problem here. If you are naked, you should not be able to carry a primary and a secondary item if equiped or more weight if you have nothing unequiped, and you shouldn't be able to push nothing as you don't have free hands. With pants, you could carry some more stuff as you can put things in your pockets, but then again it would be limited by the size of the pockets. Then, when you try to build stairs you need to have in your inventory a hammer, 8 nails and 8 planks... and how are you going to carry 8 planks in one hand, because you need one for the hammer. It might not be realistic, but that would be a real pain. Good Point.

Makes perfect sense. http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting-unofficial/

- Wiizzy 

(PZ Fan - Survivor)

I didn't find the silencer in the list, i think it might be in the entire post, but there are 20 pages right now... or maybe they are in the "overpowered weapons" as silencers allows to fire atracting less zombies. I'm ok with no silencers.

I didn't find the silencer in the list, i think it might be in the entire post, but there are 20 pages right now... or maybe they are in the "overpowered weapons" as silencers allows to fire atracting less zombies. I'm ok with no silencers.

That list is just a reference to what the devs have specifically said no to and that have been updated by Rathlord (not a dev). In this case, it's been so controversial that I think that's why it's not on the list, although RJ has said that he didn't want to add them.

There's a dozen of threads about silencers and if you're up for a 24 hour sit down of reading, you can use the search option to find some of those threads. ;)

And in case no one has said this to either you or the OP, welcome to the forums. :P

I agree with most of what you said except for coughs and feet pain...

But,

This needs to be in the game or a mod! Imagine growing a mane late game because you don't have the time to shave, like being lost, broken and alone! I also think it would be cool for other reasons but I don't have the time right now to post them!

That list is just a reference to what the devs have specifically said no to and that have been updated by Rathlord (not a dev). In this case, it's been so controversial that I think that's why it's not on the list, although RJ has said that he didn't want to add them.

There's a dozen of threads about silencers and if you're up for a 24 hour sit down of reading, you can use the search option to find some of those threads. ;)

And in case no one has said this to either you or the OP, welcome to the forums. :P

I think they should make that clear, if a lot of people want a silencer in the game and the devs don't think it would be a good idea, they should say its an official no (or a yes or a maybe if that's the case). It really doesn't matter to me, as I don't use guns at all (in fact, i use a shotgun in my sandbox-zombiefree-testing-game... for chopping trees)

Thank you so much. :D

POCKETS! 

There is always the possibility he carries them in his or her underwear or some ....hole.. right..? I mean, rectal inspections in jail have a reason. Obviously you can't put 400 nails in there, but i'd start thinking where that potato was when i had no clothes.

Also, i have a pair of boxers with pockets. I still think it's the dumbest invention of all time. I don't think they would be able to carry a tank full of propane though.

Imagine growing a mane late game because you don't have the time to shave, like being lost, broken and alone! I also think it would be cool for other reasons but I don't have the time right now to post them!

"Go away you filthy non-bearded zombies! I need to cut my beard first"

-You, swinging a rusty kitchen knife in front of a broken car mirror

*One cut for my cheeks, one for zeds hand... one cut for my chin.. one cut for zeds hand.. one cut for.... ack i cut myself. Curse you, mister zombie.

can't be that wasteful of a water container in a zombie apocalypse. no such thing as "a bunch of bottles you don't need."

What if you have a bunch of filled ones and a good base? Then you won't need as much, especially if water still works or you have a bunch of water barrels.

can't be that wasteful of a water container in a zombie apocalypse. no such thing as "a bunch of bottles you don't need."

What if you have a bunch of filled ones and a good base? Then you won't need as much, especially if water still works or you have a bunch of water barrels.

i was always told "waste not, want not." i really cannot imagine a situation short of an actual flood, where having TOO much water stored away would exist. crops take water, soup takes water, stew takes water, the body takes water.....NPC's will take water.

cannot think short term in this game, they are always thinking long term when developing it and the stuff they add will alter the way you play it and the way you think in terms of food and water storage. better to get used to thinking that way now so you are used to it when the day comes that NPC's are introduced.

and something i always wonder about, what about the times when you don't see rain for a week or two? it happens in real life, i hope it comes to the game as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Imagine growing a mane late game because you don't have the time to shave, like being lost, broken and alone! I also think it would be cool for other reasons but I don't have the time right now to post them!

"Go away you filthy non-bearded zombies! I need to cut my beard first"

-You, swinging a rusty kitchen knife in front of a broken car mirror

*One cut for my cheeks, one for zeds hand... one cut for my chin.. one cut for zeds hand.. one cut for.... ack i cut myself. Curse you, mister zombie.

I have actually tried that in my bathroom. It doesn't work :(.