Top Five BUGS

EnigmaGrey

Hello doomed survivors,

We'd like to get an informal overview of what problems the community is experiencing at the moment.

Please tell us about the top five bugs you want fixed. (Note, this thread isn’t for tech support – make a separate thread for that in Support).

Just put your bugs in order, starting with the one you want fixed the most. (If you can't get 5 points together, feel free to post anyways!) Any details you can provide on reproducing the bug will also be appreciated.

Any posts judging or discussing the points of others will be deleted from this topic in order to get a better overview and prevent it from becoming 10 pages of :bleach:.

Thanks for your feedback in advance! We won't be dropping in here to reply to posts (much) but your posts will be read :)

And remember, our bug tracker is here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/

1. Seeing zombies through walls

2. Meta event sounds not playing (i see hordes suddenly move but i hear neither a helicopter nor a gunshot.)

3. Not sure if a bug or a result of the engine, but a room being in the fog of war even when viewed. Only noticeable when in a kitchen looking at a livingroom when they are joined with no walls between the two rooms or vice versa (open plan livingrooms basically). Also a problem in the mall.

(Will edit if i think of more.)

Edit: 4. Fixing the weapon difficulty options

In multiplayer, it is funny to see zombies slide a fair distance when pushed down. Any idea what causes that? Is it a side effect of multiple players attacking the zombie at the same time?

The only major issues I observed last night on a four player server were the RAM/CPU abuse. Gameplay was fine for the most part.

Zombies that are staggering back are untouchable. They also stagger back way longer than expected in multiplayer. They can also slide on the ground and pass through walls. :(

Edited by EnigmaGrey

1. Meta sounds not playing and "action" sounds missing (I think it's already fixed but I'm not sure)
2. Seeing zombies through walls
3. [MP] Zombie lags make them react very slow to the player's movements, they're sometimes unable to harm you even if you stand still.
4. [MP/SP] reload difficulty not working
5. [MP] some Sandbox options not working properly. Can't play with running zombies in MP.

1. Traps filling with animals a split second after you check trap, usually on multiplayer but have had it on singleplayer too.

2. The good old box of nails glitch.

3. Walking up stairs when you have boarded the floor above to cover stairs.

4. When reading skill books sometimes you will stop reading, sometimes taking up to four times to read a book. Or the opposite where you receive full exp multiplyer when you have only read a few pages.

I havent crafted that much in last builds but some general notions:

1) Carried light sources cant be seen by other players in multiplayer, making night raids a bit annoying... also buildable lamp on a pole appears dark as well when it should be turned on.

2) Closing curtains/opening window indoors is weird if theres a table etc between you and window ( sometimes char wants to move outside instead of "leaning" over the table)

3) Lights in houses work in an odd way, sometimes theres light, sometimes not. If lights have been toggled on it should be clearly visible

4) Unable to damage zombie that has been pushed back (especially a problem in multiplayer)

5) Weapon reloading options (setup) issue

1) Issues with the sledgehammer (unable to knock down things directly behind player made walls, some things not being destroyed when they should, such as shelves on a destroyed wall and a roof over a house with no walls or doors)

2) Inventory issue where if you have the strong trait and you fill 2 big hiking bags you can't fill your main inventory past 14.

3) Lighting issues on MP where other players can't see each others' light sources.

4) Zoning fixes for trapping and other related mechanics.

5) Weird inventory bug where you can fill bags after filling your main inventory but not (completely 50/50) the other way around.

Wait, there's bugs?!?!?!

I do mostly Survival only because I found multiplayer underwhelming my first few times trying it.

So from that point of view I don't notice many bugs.

If had to name something:

1) sometimes the right-click menus get hung up (mostly on farming, spraying crops) and I have to perform a task like drinking or sleeping to fix it.

NOTE: Looks like the frying pan exploit is fixed and adding food to it no longer results in a fixed one after eating.

Posted · Hidden by EnigmaGrey, August 28, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by EnigmaGrey, August 28, 2014 - No reason given

4) Unable to damage zombie that has been pushed back (especially a problem in multiplayer)

I was just about to post this very thing. Zombies that are staggering back are untouchable. They also stagger back way longer than expected in multiplayer. They can also slide on the ground and pass through walls. :(

There goes my top 5 bugs: 
1: Light. All kinds of light, since light effects doesn't work as they should. This includes fog in different rooms with no wall or door opened.
2: "Activating" (bait/check/remove options) a trap and can't use it or walking far away from it, making you quit and load the game to use the trap.
3: Cooking miscalculation. If i have a cooked fish fillet of a value 103 and use 10 points to make a salad, the fish fillet will be like 157 or something and the fish salad will be 10. The cooked fish fillet will be consumed after certain amount of uses in salads (could mean internal values work ok), but the values it displays grows larger and larger.
4: Inventory issues. Most importants: Trying to take something from a bag and can't even if i don't have overweight. I can carry 3 full big hiking bags, but if i drop them i can't take them back
5: Roofs. Roofs act like background as you can build a floor over a it, you can put anything on that flor, you can't walk on them or destroy them.

They are all in singleplayer

#1 - RAM/CPU abuse.

#2 - Weapon difficulty not working properly.

#3 - Sledgehammer not being able to destroy everything (eg: destroy an end table, leave a lamp floating in mid-air. Destroy a wall, leave a shelf or light, etc. that can't be destroyed.
#4 - In MP (haven't played SP enough to notice) the GUI/inventory area has a habit of going see-through, and you can't use or right click on anything in your inventory. If you try to quit the game, there's no menu to quit. You have to Ctrl-Alt-Del out.
#5 - Lighting issues. (Knock down a wall, rooms are still divided by light. etc.)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by Connall, September 17, 2014 - Bugs only. Not discussion
Hidden by Connall, September 17, 2014 - Bugs only. Not discussion

I luckily haven't ran into any gamebreakers. Only one grafical glitch.

Zombies sometimes change 3d model to exactly replicate the players skin and equiped weapon for a split second

Thats a pretty creepy bug. 

Alarm going off when climbing through an allready broken window.

Some kind of random horde movement over the map in SP.

Being able to build stuff like shelves in corners.

Being able to rotate shelves/furniture you want to build in 4, not only 2 directions.

Waterbarrels filling up if placed on top of a player build roof with no roof above.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. A lot of the sounds dont work, such as when you're sawing logs, out of the 200+ planks Ive made I only heard about 15-20 sawing sounds...same with all the other sounds(drinking, eating, etc).  Weapon sounds are working fine and so are running/walking sounds.

2. Random light being emitted by walking through houses in the middle of the night, some rooms I walk through will be brightly lit in my FoV.

3. Being able to view two floor tiles at once with carry weight of only one floor tile, I can have 7 logs on the ground with 63/50 carry weight, which is frustrating if Im trying to drop something.

4. If you right click on a tree and theres items on the ground next to it the "Grab" will overwrite the "Cut Down Tree" command, making you manually have to cut it down or removing the items around the tree.

5. Every single door on every house is locked...I dont even bother trying to open the doors anymore I automatically try to open the windows.  In a real zombie apocalypse some people will die in their house, and more than likely their door will remain unlocked unless zombies can lock doors.

I noticed in the latest update, that the weight is sporadic... Now I know that there are a lot of questions and suggestions about the weight of items, however when I can carry a weight of 8 and I am at full weight (8/8), and I add something to my inventory at 1 it goes to 9.... I then add it to an equipped bag, my main inventory then jumps to 11. I take it out of the bag and put it back in my main and it jumps to 13! What's going on here?

I noticed in the latest update, that the weight is sporadic... Now I know that there are a lot of questions and suggestions about the weight of items, however when I can carry a weight of 8 and I am at full weight (8/8), and I add something to my inventory at 1 it goes to 9.... I then add it to an equipped bag, my main inventory then jumps to 11. I take it out of the bag and put it back in my main and it jumps to 13! What's going on here?

Please file a bug report here: 

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/

This topic is for your top 5.

As for your bug, I cannot reproduce it. It does sound like you're just seeing the maximum capacity of the container.

• 2 weeks later...