REQUEST: The ability to cut tall grass or "plant" grass tiles

Giulianosse

Simple as that!

I'm aware that a modder already made a farming overhaul which was packed with a tool for cutting tall grass, but it seems that the mod is very outdated and won't work on the current IWBMS build 28.

Plus, it would be cool if we had a way to plant grass tiles, much like building wooden floors. Maybe add a tool (maybe the spade/trowel) and a "recipe" (dirt bags + grass seeds) in order to be able to "build" them.

I'm requesting this mod as eye candy/purely cosmetical building purposes. I hate being unable to plant grass again when I accidentally use the spade to remove that sprout of grass right in the front of my base :)

For the record, you can do this with the Erosion Mod, which will also be part of the vanilla game soon. Hopefully this feature will be transferred over with it :D

Oh, cool! Thanks for pointing this out.

The only reason I haven't already installed Erosion is because I'm afraid it'll corrupt my current save (although I have a lot of backups).

Do you use Erosion in your game? Could you tell me if it is somewhat stable or very, very unstable (like, way worse than the current IWBMS)?

Dig Dirt under tall grass and put it in a bag. Pour Dirt back onto that tile. Grass is gone :)

The only issue is that this removes all the grass. I mean, I'd like to have just those simple grass tiles without the tall grass

I've done it all over my fort. Better to have no grass at all than having tall grass :)

Thanks for your answer, though!

I haven't used Erosion (though it's a great mod; I leave my game unmodded for testing purposes), but it's fairly stable from what I understand. The only problem is I don't think it's up to date since he's been working with TIS to get it integrated rather than simply working on the standalone mod; might be better to hold off.