The best food to have during an apocalypse.

Rikashey

I've been giving it some thought and finally came up with the best food to have.

At first I though the best plan was to capture and breed rabbits for a steady supply of fresh meat but I thought of a better food.

Nuts and seeds.

Peanuts, corn nuts, cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.

High portable, highly concealable, high in protein and iron, light weight, nearly non-perishable, delicious, easy to eat. The list goes on and on.

You could store many bags of nuts and seeds in a backpack, you can portion them off, you can trade them, you can keep a handful in your pocket, you can bury bag of them in ground to hide them.

You don't have to just eat nuts and seeds but you can keep them as emergency/reserve food inbetween searching for other food.

Stockpile them in the background while your dine of perishable food.

Silly survivors are silly with their nuts and seeds and McDonalds!! 

Firstly we are men not rabbits so a nuts and seeds diet is just inhumane,

Secondly McDonalds is just plain stupid.

Where are you going to get a Happy Meal Toy from?

No the best solution is the Long Pig Diet. Just be sure to cook brains thoroughly to avoid Prion diseases. Don't want anyone to catch kuru! 

Also this may sound crazy.... But what about mcdonalds? That stuff has a ton of preservatives so it will probably last longer than 100 years...

Do you realize you've said what's wrong with Mcdonalds all along.

Thank you both I laughed so hard :D

• 1 month later...

Hunkering down: white rice, white sugar, salt, honey, dried corn, and dry beans has a long shelf life,

so they are good foods to stock up on grow any food you can in every spot you can spare, better to

have too much then not enough. Can, dry, smoke and cure as much as possible

If you can, store your food in an area that is dark,cool, dry and preferably not burnable.

(Alcohol is also good, to stock up on since it has many uses, like antiseptic and fuel)

animals raising:

chicken...depending where you are in kentucky (since this game is base in fantasy kentucky), you can have urban chicken coops

me, i love my diary so i would try and find goats in an apocalypse

some breeds produce a fleece you can sheer like sheep,

so that's meat, dairy and clothes,

on there move:

freeze dried fruit and veggies keeps more nutrients and are very light

if you are on the move protein comes easy, bugs, fish and animal trapping.

even in winter protein sources are not impossible to find

Best food for a apocalypse is in this game already. Peanut Butter is a super food that can be added to other foods like bread or crackers. Or it can be eat right off a spoon. It easy to carry come in a water tight jar that can be dropped with out damage. It fast easy last a long time and will keep you alive. (clyde)

All be it bacon taste realy good.

[post=AH-0004-2431-Wood-Sign-2.jpg]