Let's Roleplay Project Zomboid

Hey Guys & Gals,

We are up to episode 15 & 16 now both you will find below. Things are slowly starting to look up for Nic as the wall is near completion. With his new home secure he will now have the freedom to start to explore, find more supplies, maybe even an axe! Let me know if your still enjoying the series and I can give away a small teaser that it be long before all the construction noise & loonies shooting their guns comes back to bite Knox County in the ass. Lets hope that's not a literal statement =)

Let's Roleplay Project Zomboid Episode 15 "Demolish" 

Let's Roleplay Project Zomboid Episode 16 "The Wall" 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i just started watching this series and it is unbelievably good. I am only on EP 5 but it is still amazing. The first episode i watched i thought was ok, not to good not to bad. the second episode was good. the series was already growing on me. On the third episode this became my favorite series on youtube. Keep doing what your doing and if you can find one get an npc mod. that would really spice things up in the series. And i noticed that you got a skill point to spend and since its rp you might want to upgrade the stuff you have been doing. like you have been using a baseball bat so you could upgrade your blunt skill. Oh and i was also wondering if nick is religious at all? so thank you for making this series and i hope nick never dies

I too just came across this series today and promptly watched the entire thing. It was a slow day and an engrossing series! Overall, I really enjoy the format. I consider myself to be a pretty advanced PZ player as well as a pretty good roleplayer though never merged the two. 

At any rate, as an advanced PZ player I've noticed you making a number of 'rookie mistakes' (which is totally fine) but from a Roleplay perspective I think you would be well served to describe/explain some of these things. For example, it wasn't until the last (or second to last) episode where you finally stopped carrying an off-hand bag when you didn't need it. Or how you tend to carry a TON of stuff in your inventory you don't really need (thus weighing you down unnecessarily). 

As I said, all these things are okay as long as they're explained (in my opinion) in some way. For example, maybe Nic carries all that extra stuff because it makes him feel safer. But he should say that or imply it. Or how he can't make rain barrels or lamps because his skill isn't high enough you might consider having him fumble about, griping about how difficult it is and giving up (for now). Or why he carries two bags when he usually doesn't fill either one of them more than half-way.

Alternatively if you want advice/pointers feel free to ask. All of this may have been covered in the Youtube comments. I haven't read those, just this thread. 

It would be fun to roleplay one of the 'psychos' Nic talks about showing up, armed to the teeth and showing the rookie a thing or two about surviving in this crazy world. 

Anyway! Thanks for the great series! All my comments are pretty minor, but I figured I've give you my thoughts after having watched all 21 episodes in a row.

So i just started watching this series and it is unbelievably good. I am only on EP 5 but it is still amazing. The first episode i watched i thought was ok, not to good not to bad. the second episode was good. the series was already growing on me. On the third episode this became my favorite series on youtube. Keep doing what your doing and if you can find one get an npc mod. that would really spice things up in the series. And i noticed that you got a skill point to spend and since its rp you might want to upgrade the stuff you have been doing. like you have been using a baseball bat so you could upgrade your blunt skill. Oh and i was also wondering if nick is religious at all? so thank you for making this series and i hope nick never dies

Hey Megaman, I have been upgrading Nic's Skills as I go but I've been doing that at the start of each day right before I hit record. Would love to get an NPC mod if a good one exists but I don't believe there is one at this stage

I too just came across this series today and promptly watched the entire thing. It was a slow day and an engrossing series! Overall, I really enjoy the format. I consider myself to be a pretty advanced PZ player as well as a pretty good roleplayer though never merged the two. 

At any rate, as an advanced PZ player I've noticed you making a number of 'rookie mistakes' (which is totally fine) but from a Roleplay perspective I think you would be well served to describe/explain some of these things. For example, it wasn't until the last (or second to last) episode where you finally stopped carrying an off-hand bag when you didn't need it. Or how you tend to carry a TON of stuff in your inventory you don't really need (thus weighing you down unnecessarily). 

As I said, all these things are okay as long as they're explained (in my opinion) in some way. For example, maybe Nic carries all that extra stuff because it makes him feel safer. But he should say that or imply it. Or how he can't make rain barrels or lamps because his skill isn't high enough you might consider having him fumble about, griping about how difficult it is and giving up (for now). Or why he carries two bags when he usually doesn't fill either one of them more than half-way.

Alternatively if you want advice/pointers feel free to ask. All of this may have been covered in the Youtube comments. I haven't read those, just this thread. 

It would be fun to roleplay one of the 'psychos' Nic talks about showing up, armed to the teeth and showing the rookie a thing or two about surviving in this crazy world. 

Anyway! Thanks for the great series! All my comments are pretty minor, but I figured I've give you my thoughts after having watched all 21 episodes in a row.

Thanks for the tips Scotte, I tend to roleplay that the things that Nic has in his main inventory are things in his pockets or put in his belt, like his pistol for example. I try to keep it as empty as possible. Also the reason Nic stopped carrying two bags was because he was finding it increasingly difficult to fight with the bat in one hand only, pretty sure he mentions this at one stage. 

The construction skill limits have been ah limiting haha but I've tried to keep those mishaps as RP as possible. Thanks for the tips you have given and if you think of any more I'm all ears  :)

After searching far and wide Nic finds himself away from home as the sun begins to set, the only option seems to be spending the out.