automatic window and door shutters + other stuff

956Texas

Automatic windows and door shutters, by holding E in a control panel by the wall. This woukd be awsome and fun for many, until the power goes off (lol). Zombies would take 10times longer to break in (since they are metal shutters.

Key pads that need a 5 digin # code to function (for doors)

Welding (like someone else said in another thread)

With welding you can add metal bars to your windows,and would last longer than the wood barricades, though it would take 2 minutes per window.

Welding level 1: build metal doors, and metal frames

Welding level 2: build metal pillars (beams) and metal stairs

Welding level 3: build metal floors and walls

Welding level 4: armor a vehicle

Electrical trade (like someone else stated)

Electrical level 1: repair gas generator, fridges, microwaves

Electrical level 2: build solar panels, build wind turbines

Electrical level 3: build a mini thermal electric plant

Electrical level 4: build a electric storage

Thermal plant: captures earth producing heat and converts it to useable energy

electric storage: would be tbe battery that your electrical producing units will send the energy produced to be stored. You can build as many as you want (so when ever the blackout occurs, you still have power in your safehouse)

For the thermal mini plant, it would need to be outside and close to the house, you will need a hammer, screwdriver, pick axe, shovel and metal parts to make it.

Ammo making machine, empty casings, powder,

Nail building machine

Bolt building machine

Machine shop stuff to repair metal stuff in case its broken

Like car parts, weapons, tools of the trade.

CO2 cylinders for welding

Bottles of chemicals and minerals to produce medicine + a mixer machine to produce the outcome (pain killers, vitamins, beta blockers, etc)

Pharmaceutical skill levels

-I like the idea of coded doors, a nice electrician's alternative to my locksmith and locks suggestion.

-Not sure about geothermal plant, because those require hydrothermal lodes (not sure if I named it correctly) basically like hot underground streams in Iceland or Japan to produce a descent amount of energy, but hey, I'm not an electrician, so it's just an assumption.

-For energy accumulation, we could use car batteries. I think my friend's family used to have a truck one to charge an entire house (and for pretty long time!) when they didn't have the wiring. Also, I've recently been to a farm, and they had some lead and sulphuric acid batteries (isn't it what they use in cars?), and I've been told that you need to replace water in them pretty often (not sure if it's because of heat, misuse or it's needed to be done for all such batteries)

-As for the pills lab, items needed should only be found in hospitals, and people these days are so about pills :/ Maybe we should stick to some herbs and roots instead? ;)

Edit: btw, what do you think of being able to cook some PED in the lab? :P

The more skills there are the harder it is to master them all, so it becomes necessary for the player and NPCs to divide work depending on their strenghts.
I really would like to see welding opposed to carpentry in the game. But the electricity skills looks to powerful. I would make it a "building" skill like carpentry and welding, and you can build electrical traps, alarms, lights, powered fences etc, instead of making it a way to gain power.
However setting up a generator or solar panels should still require a certain skill level.

The thermal mini plant - You have to drill hole deep down into the earth for using the earth's heat to warm water or oil in pipes that you send down the hole. There's no way you can do that with a showel and pickaxe in your backyard or generate electricity directly with it.

I doubt that even, if you're an excellent pharmacists, that you can produce helpful amounts of medicine. I've no idea, but surely you need very special ingredients that aren't around Muldraught.

I'm going to say no. Unless they add some kind of military bunker, this just isn't realistic for the type of game PZ is. For a game like Minecraft, sure. But it doesn't feel like a PZ thing. You don't have those in real life and building them for even a single door would require ridiculous amounts of tools and machinery compared to what you'd find looting.

tl;dr- Gonna say no since it's just so unrealistic.

I'm going to say no. Unless they add some kind of military bunker, this just isn't realistic for the type of game PZ is. For a game like Minecraft, sure. But it doesn't feel like a PZ thing. You don't have those in real life and building them for even a single door would require ridiculous amounts of tools and machinery compared to what you'd find looting.

tl;dr- Gonna say no since it's just so unrealistic.

I agree with that. Please don't turn PZ into Minecraft. :???:

Also, after thinking about it I can't find many ways for using it. The examples above (doors, pillars, walls) don't really require welding tools, or you can't create them by welding. For relyable constructs you'll need frames or pillars in one piece. I doubt that a makeshift metal door will hold zombies back better than a sturdy one made of wood. Wood is flexible and it doesn't have weldseams that are prone to breaking.

Instead the existing carpentry system could be upgraded be including a new tool, the drill. If you have thin metal sheets you can put holes through them (citation needed)  and place these sheets over the windows/walls/doors and fasten it with nails/screws.

This way we get:

-a way to improve all protective carpentry constructs,

-new possible constructions (rolling gate, new traps, fixing/armoring vehicles),

-and a more complex carpentry system. Imho the current one is too easy. For example you should need a drill and screws to build wall and floors on a higher storey.

well i dont play mine craft at all, those ideas came to mind last night when i couldnt sleep.

But the ideas are there, get the best of what you see, thats what i would suggest.

i been working in Texas in the industrial electric field for 4 years, so having an electrician trait would grant you to be able to

build solar panels and stuff, but its just an idea.

the pharmacies do contain many bottles of chemicals and minerals to make medicine (CVS, Wal Greens) a week ago i had a sore throat, i actually saw the 

pharmacist mix some brown and white bottles and baaaammm gave me the medicine to kill the bacteria in my throat. So that would be realistin in PZ, been able to create your own medicine if and only if you have the pharmacist job

I don't think it's possible to just build a solar panel from spare parts. You can certainly find them and install them, though. They're more common than you think.

It's possible to build other sorts of electric generators from scrap parts, though. In fact, the parts in question are absurdly easy to find. Easy to find as in a maniac could build fifteen or twenty wind turbines from a single neighborhood worth of loot. It'd take a lot of time and wind energy is rather pathetic in terms of the amount of power it gives you but it's certainly possible.

Solar panels have basically been confirmed through sheer quantity of their suggestions and support for the idea, fyi. I'll be extremely surprised if they don't add small solar panels you can find in stores and set up.

Eh, that's not how it works: just because a bunch of people ask, doesn't necessarily mean it fits with the game. ;)

The ability to weld metal together to make metal walls, door etc etc definitely needs to be added. A welder, be it MiG or arc are not a hard thing to find. Its not uncommon for the average joe to have a small mig welder in their shed, while any kind of industrial building would almost definitely have one or the other. Finally in a pinch, you can use a truck battery, jumper cables and some welding rods to get it done.