Cool off!

Strang

This post is all about cooling off

When you get the "over heated" moodlet, how about using fans to cool yourself off. Also you could use ann ac unit when the power is still off

Also to preserve fish that you caught, you could slap some ice in a container and prolong the rotting of the fish, and eventually meat from hunting.

I'd love it if during winter the river froze over so you'd have to chop up the ice with an axe if you wanted to fish, or for simply collecting ice to be used how you mentioned. Granted, without some form of electricity, preserving the ice beyond winter will be impossible.

Granted, without some form of electricity, preserving the ice beyond winter will be impossible.

But it would be quite convenient, since it's harder to hunt and farm during the winter, you would have to preserve more food.

Just for the record, that's not entirely accurate. It can be much easier to track animals if there's snow on the ground. However in Kentucky there's very little snow (only a few inches a year on average) so roughly speaking the season shouldn't have much effect at all on hunting.

Farming, however, certainly accurate :D

Last night I finally snapped up PZ and had a couple rounds - loved it to bits to the point where the birds were greeting the morning sun and I'd started around the 8pm mark  :oops:.

Anyways - to topic - I'd stumbled into a few bathrooms with showers in them after one of my characters started getting overheated with 'cooling off' in mind while the services were still up; unfortunately this was not to be.

Given the OP title I thought this might be the best spot to throw in my five cents as to what could be added while the power/waterworks are available  :) I wouldn't mind betting that such is planned for a future build but raising the idea can't hurt.

If hygiene is also going to be implemented there maybe a happiness boost involved here too.

And now off to check the rest of the posts this mad Aussie shall go!

I figure the only good way to actually implement hygiene into the game would be clothes washing to reduce accumulated grime and reduce chances of catching some kind of illness and wound cleaning with soapy water to keep (non-zombification inducing) scratches and cuts from getting infected with a mundane pathogen.

Other than that, I can see showers giving characters a way to cool off during the summer heat. It's not like the air conditioners work anymore and with the windows all boarded up your average house will quickly turn into a sauna without proper ventilation.

A nice cool shower would be an amazing way to cool off!

Ive never seen snow. When I was very young I once asked my father if we could go to play in snow. He opened the freezer, scraped his hang along its roof and threw a handful of freezer ice at me....he was a bit of a bastard

Damn, that must've hurt a lot. Also good idea!

Maybe if the power's on, you can find some ziplock bags and put some ice cubes on it. Not sure if putting an ziplock bag full of ice is gonna cool anyone down... it surely did cool me down... especially when my head burns out of pure anger. .O.

Good suggestion Blackthorne! Hygiene will not be added, but this would be a neat way to utilize the shower without going down that path. If you're curious, there's a list of things confirmed yes/no by our developers stickied at the top of this forum.

Thanks Rathlord - still getting my feet wet with the forum; considerably more content and a lot more organised to boot compared with other game groups! Will see what other mischief I can add ;)

I'd love it if during winter the river froze over so you'd have to chop up the ice with an axe if you wanted to fish, or for simply collecting ice to be used how you mentioned. Granted, without some form of electricity, preserving the ice beyond winter will be impossible.

Fish would die if the river were frozen, i think.

Fish would die if the river were frozen, i think.

Rivers in this part of the country don't ever freeze over. In 20 years of living in the southern US just a bit away from Muldraugh, I had a creek that froze about 6 inches once- and that's in 20 years. They might get an ice layer over them from time to time, but they don't ever freeze solid. Further, ice layers on rivers actually keep the fish insulated and safe through the winter.