Farming

KevK

I suggest we add the ability to create a compost heap, which you might want near yoursafe house.

You could add rotten food to it instead of throwing it away and when it's matured enough you could fertilize your plants/vegetables.

This would be easier than ytying to find fertlizer or adding code allowing you to make it.

Thumbs up for compost heap...

the idea is not bad I support him 100% to create organic compost would be great and would save a lot of work would give a use for all the food is rotting in the houses.

Compostador_025.jpg

do not require much work just a box with a lid where we can get a handful of some earth worms and rotting vegetables, we could build it with simple plastic bags for leaks, and then collect with shovel manure clear ime delayed one but it would be ready in a renewable way for agriculture 

certainly a practical activity

mini-compost-huerto.jpg

Tbh this game needs a bit of exact info on what zombification really is.

Best scientific explanation comes from deadspace universe since it explains how those things get energy without breath and blood, how long they live and when they actually stop living.

So-so tolerable but flexible explanation comes from typical stuff like resident evil - some virus turns them mad. Problem - no explanation of internal energy delivery, but generally good understanding on when the stuff is dead - after being boiled.

Now why was this posted here? Because answers to these questions define whether compost would consume and refine even zombified matter, or the rampant zombification would afflict and ferally enrage your compost heap.

Since devs already denied stuff like urination and defecation, and amounts of rotten food are more or less neglible for me there's only one visible option - either make compost heap one of the very few ways to actually use zombie corpses (maybe after a bit of burning them) or else I see little to no use from it.

A friendly reminder that even the classic compost heap based of mammal excrements mixed with plants is considered too volatile to be used during the first year and takes one year to refine itself, to only be usable the next year. Making it usable in a month would require either a defiant attitude to real life biology in favor of game balance or access to chemical and biological agents similar to ones used in portable toilets on travel vans, (yes that was a hint) or maybe some larger doses from shops or town sewage facilities or farms.

No explanation means it's at the risk of the user, really. I'd prefer to leave it open, defined by use. Obviously, that's not practical, as someone will find out, but . . .

For example, if it's a prion disease, it's possible even composting remains won't result in destruction of whatever this is.