Transportation

samsk

Hi all,

Everyone wants vehicle, maybe it could break a little bit the game.

My suggestion is to make a static car (it could be broken or not) in a garage with an action on it to travel to predefined point. (Ex: West Point to Muldraugh)

You could need to repair it before (with proper skill, a book or profession) or only add fuel (limited use).

It think it could be nice, the map is large, but outside city, it's empty. Maybe devs could ask help of the community to fill up the actual map before coding a car.

While this could be a nice addition, and could save the devs some time , it would take away the point of driving in a way. By having a stactic fast traval system you can't really choose where to go. Yes you would be able to travel faster across these towns but but you would have to walk to places you want to go to. You would also have to make your base around the car if you wish to use it. A better system to use would be that you could fast travel to any place on a road, ad you would be there. Then you could drive the car around manually to where you want to go

Using " fast travel" should take at least a minute and there should be a heighted chance of a crash/ breakdown while using it

I like the idea, but I hope you don't mean FAST TRAVEL, because that would suck.

Also, having transportation is more important tahn map expansion right now.

If transportation is more important, where do you want to go?

It's only 3 days on foot to do West point to Muldraugh. 

I like the idea, but I hope you don't mean FAST TRAVEL, because that would suck.

Also, having transportation is more important tahn map expansion right now.

If transportation is more important, where do you want to go?

It's only 3 days on foot to do West point to Muldraugh. 

From westpoint to muldraugh?

It's 3 WHOLE DAYS, I can't leave my farm unnatended or that long.

good. any type of fast travel system would have taken away possible game altering stuff, like driving from Bedford Falls up to Louisville and running into a huge horde of Zombies covering half a mile of the road who suddenly all want to take turns sitting behind the wheel and making motor sounds.

or.... getting within 3 blocks of your base and noticing the horde has started following your vehicle.....do you head home, or do you risk running out of fuel while you try to lead them away from the base?

or....NPC's notice your fresh ride and decide they want to pimp it out and use it for their own needs. but the question is, how do they get it away from you?

too many good/bad things can and will come about just from us jumping in a vehicle to get from point A to point B for the Devs to just gloss it over by making a fast travel system.

I don't like the idea of a fast transport "teleport" system in the base game, but I think it would be a very cool mechanic for the right mod.

How cool will it be to use a truck to ram an NPC defensive structure?  How crazy would it be if we are eventually able to modify vehicles with extra armor and weapons?

modify vehicles with extra armor and weapons?

Remember realism, gameplay value, and balance so it can't be a weapon of mass destruction :) . Although in multiplayer it would be cool to pop your head out the window with a pistol or baseball bat and shoot or smash zombies heads in

Tanks and humvees would look nice as terrain props.. Maybe have a working one would also be nice. We have a Texas National Guard armory with Bradley IFVs close to where I live. I'm pretty sure if a zombie apocalypse would happen, the TNG wouldn't stay to fight the hordes, I bet most of them boys and girls have families and would leave to find there love ones. Plus imagine all the looting going on, people shooting each other, TNG would take alot of casualties. I'm also pretty sure no reinforcements would come, due to the "dead" attacking everywhere. Just a scenario I picture of the local base. So yes I agree with having a tank or a IFV ingame working.  

cars and trucks would be wicked... find an NPC or player base.. Ram the car through the wall and pop out and say hello with your little friend (guns or melee weapons)

Oh driving around would be cool too... :D

More like ram through the wall, fly through the windshield and die. :3

not necessarily.. i could put my truck through most of the places around here. well any place that isnt brick and not go through the windshield :P

its all dependent on how fast your going and most of all a beautiful thing called a seat belt. hell if a smart car had enough weight to it... it would go through a wall better then my truck... those things are built like bunkers

Boat

Says kenny lol, Yes boats would be a awesome way to travel to other cities, But I think they should be very rare and the need lots of parts to work properly if they are added.

I said this jokingly but after awhile, i thought about it, and you know what?

I WANT A BOAT!!!

It would be cool to go fishing on the water in a boat and a good escape plan if your base backs up to a lake!

Boats for everyone!

• 11 months later...

Im in the vote for Boats like a Kayak or something simple, easy to maintain and use with a minimum of resources

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b2/Sea_Kayak.JPG

Same with a bicycle, a folding bike like this perhaps, to fold up and stick on the back when you go in on foot
http://www.foldingcyclist.com/Jango-Flik-folding-bike.jpg

Also my my vote on the segways, then add in solar panels and rechargers to keep it charged, then some armor and storage upgrades, maybe a mount for an Lmg and a onboard discplayer to put Ridin'("They se me rollin'") on repeat
Segways are fast and silent Zombiedestoyingmachines if you have a bat as they are easy to drive onehanded

http://www.stripes.com/polopoly_fs/1.26923.1273612672!/image/899437612.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_804/899437612.jpg