THE UNDERTAKING: ORIGINS [OFFLINE - NO LONGER ACTIVE]

Deadend

I assume it's down due to this debate? ( haven't been able to log on for days. )

Very much so, the server we had running would haveten crash at only 3 people online.

And Deadend is returning to college, so he can't be there to restart it manually whenever it's needed.

For both reasons, we very much needed to look into service providers.

The debate is going on for awhile now, though we just want to make the best choice, have been looking into it from multiple angles.

Living in Europe myself I'd prefer a service where no matter it's located at, we all can play at equal speeds without suffering from any sort of ping issues, although I never did on the "current" server.

Ping is unfortunately very much a technical issue that we have yet to resolve as a whole on the internet.

Data doesn't quite travel at lightspeed, plus people can only afford certain types of internet, so distance lag and other causes of higher ping are prevalent more or less for everyone.

Ping is the last thing that governs a good experience on a server though, honestly, so we want to make sure that nothing else would be causing issues in-game.

I assume it's down due to this debate? ( haven't been able to log on for days. )

Very much so, the server we had running would haveten crash at only 3 people online.

And Deadend is returning to college, so he can't be there to restart it manually whenever it's needed.

For both reasons, we very much needed to look into service providers.

The debate is going on for awhile now, though we just want to make the best choice, have been looking into it from multiple angles.

Living in Europe myself I'd prefer a service where no matter it's located at, we all can play at equal speeds without suffering from any sort of ping issues, although I never did on the "current" server.

Ping is unfortunately very much a technical issue that we have yet to resolve as a whole on the internet.

Data doesn't quite travel at lightspeed, plus people can only afford certain types of internet, so distance lag and other causes of higher ping are prevalent more or less for everyone.

Ping is the last thing that governs a good experience on a server though, honestly, so we want to make sure that nothing else would be causing issues in-game.

EDIT: Incidentally, since our members seem to be 50/50 in terms of US and EU, ultimately the ping situation will turn out to be more fair than if 80 or 90% of us were in one region and the majority would have to experience higher pings, I suppose. So again, we'll just be focusing on going with the best and most reliable provider for the new server.

Very well then. I haven't heard a single whistle from DeadEnd about this, despite being part of the team that runs the story for the server.

Oh well. I don't blame him. Guess I'm on my own providing any story related stuff for the time being then. ;)

Tell me Dodge have you joined the team? You seem pretty informed about stuff, just surprised I haven't heard anything.

Kind Regards

- Revixy. 

EDIT:

I see you have. ( the steam group. )

Would be nice if I got informed about stuff like this a bit earlier. x)

Welcome to the team. Could you put me on admin for the group?

I've just joined it.

@Revixy

Deadend will assign proper status updates to those serving as Admins or Mods as soon as possible

@Our Donators

A link where you may donate will be provided as soon as we can present you with what we have found as the best potential service-provider for the new server

Donator privileges, with fairness in mind, are still up for debate moving forward.

Incidentally, since our members seem to be 50/50 in terms of US and EU, ultimately the ping situation will turn out to be more fair than if 80 or 90% of us were in one region and the majority would have to experience higher pings.

So again, we'll just be focusing on going with the best and most reliable service-provider for the new server.

Stay tuned~

Announcement:

We're running a test run over the next 3 days with our selected service provider. After that we'll be looking to open the server to all currently whitelisted members (with a max. of 24 slots, for the time being) if the fundraising for paying the server's rent is successful over the coming 3 days ('ll be sending instructions to each person that has voted on the poll saying they're willing to back up the server, with instructions on how to forward their donations to us. 100% of all donations will go straight into server's rent and any fees charged by paypal, our primary source of dealing with donations.). If all works out good you can expect the server to be up this weekend. To show a slice of our thanks to those who have supported us thus far we won't be accepting whitelist requests until monday so this weekend will be for you all. 

- cheers!  (clyde) 

Edit: Don't forget to join our Steam Group! It will eventually become our to-go-to hub for the server; the place to get your most up-to-date news in regards to TU: Origins.

We should most definitely get a website up and going once the server is fully active and such. As a Steam group to me, only feels like it's filling half the community together. Would just be nice to have a place for our fellow survivors to fill in on their day around the server.. and such, you know. Forums and such  ^_^

And if possible, we should really make the whole website themed as a diary book of some kind. The homepage displaying the diary cover. And as you progress through the website to the different forums the diary opens up and change pages(that doesn't mean the website needs animations or so. If you've played "Dead Frontier" before, I'm sure you know where I'm going with this). The forum pages could contain (nearly, fully book page covering) pictures of one or more outposts with possible side notes displaying the different forum topics ontop of em. The website could also be abit pixel styled. Just alittle, to give us the PZ feeling.

And even our personal theme song perhaps? A real great ambient, dark, kinda apocalyptic atmosphere one, eh?  ;)

At the time as I type this, I'm not in a suited location to finish all the ideas but I'll most likely return with more ideas once I'm.. home.

Hope my ideas sounds interesting and possible to execute for the server  :rolleyes:

Senpai.. x) Hahaha, that made my day.
Sorry, Nippon freak here. ;)

Announcement:

We're running a test run over the next 3 days with our selected service provider. After that we'll be looking to open the server to all currently whitelisted members (with a max. of 24 slots, for the time being) if the fundraising for paying the server's rent is successful over the coming 3 days ('ll be sending instructions to each person that has voted on the poll saying they're willing to back up the server, with instructions on how to forward their donations to us. 100% of all donations will go straight into server's rent and any fees charged by paypal, our primary source of dealing with donations.). If all works out good you can expect the server to be up this weekend. To show a slice of our thanks to those who have supported us thus far we won't be accepting whitelist requests until monday so this weekend will be for you all. 

- cheers!   (clyde) 

Edit: Don't forget to join our Steam Group! It will eventually become our to-go-to hub for the server; the place to get your most up-to-date news in regards to TU: Origins.

Move this to the main post bro.

The OP has info on how to get whitelisted, but you should hold off on asking for whitelist for the moment. The server is being tested for a major upgrade right now (so expect even more awesome soon). Check back in a few days.

There's a new Steam group with updates being posted there, if you'd rather get notifications of progress that way.

Announcement: 

SERVER IS LIVE! We made it happen guys. The server didn't die after all. But with all great things come bad things. There were file corruptions and such when attempting to transfer the old map server data to the new one (the size of that data is ridiculously large). Hence we won't be able to pick up where we left off. Server is running on a fresh map. So slightly bad news to some that had spent quite some time setting up the one week we were online for :(. There were some delays that prevented us from releasing earlier this weekend. But considering this is a U.S. East server, those of you around here know tomorrow is a holiday for us. So we'll start accepting whitelist requests starting Tuesday. For tonight and tomorrow anyone who is whitelisted has a chance to get a headstart in this fresh map. The Survivors list has been moved to the server forums so you can check there if you're whitelisted. if you're not in it and I've told you in a private message that I had added you before the move, then you're probably in the whitelist (it just might be a bit outdated).

You can try to see if you can access the server with the same character you had prior to the move. If you get any ugly errors it will be best for you to go to your C:/Users/<user>/Zomboid/Multiplayer folder and delete your character folder. That way you can start a new character, with the same login credentials.

you can go ahead and check the SERVER INFO segment of the original post of this thread for more info (IP address is the same but port has changed).

It's nothing server side, as I tried to tell Deadend via PM, it's just the way Satellite internet is. My ping is always 800-1000 on PZ, never lower than 4-600 on other games. I don't rubberband, never had issues with killing or getting killed in FPS games, or PZ, it's just a high number it seems like. There was even an Australian server for ArmA 3 that, when the ping limit got raised, I was able to play on it as if I was in the same state (and I'm in TN, with the signal coming off the Sat and landing somewhere in colorado, apparently), flawless connection with no desync. It's really freaking weird, to be quite honest. I even get 1.2/2.0mbps download, steady, which is faster and more reliable than the cable/dsl services I've had over the years.

I'm able to connect, everything seems good, I'm just wondering if you can remove the ping limit? Otherwise, might as well take me off the whitelist, as I get kicked within 30-60 seconds. Satellite internet gives me really high ping, but it being high doesn't affect me or anybody else.

It's nothing server side, as I tried to tell Deadend via PM, it's just the way Satellite internet is. My ping is always 800-1000 on PZ, never lower than 4-600 on other games. I don't rubberband, never had issues with killing or getting killed in FPS games, or PZ, it's just a high number it seems like. There was even an Australian server for ArmA 3 that, when the ping limit got raised, I was able to play on it as if I was in the same state (and I'm in TN, with the signal coming off the Sat and landing somewhere in colorado, apparently), flawless connection with no desync. It's really freaking weird, to be quite honest. I even get 1.2/2.0mbps download, steady, which is faster and more reliable than the cable/dsl services I've had over the years.

Currently changing ping is a restriction by our service provider. I believe its currently fixed at 400. I'll try to talk to them and see if it's possible to raise this. I wouldn't mind experimenting with it to see its a probable negative effect on the server.

Say, can you open up your command prompt and ping theundertaking.pwnz.org . Let me know what ping you get, if you get the same ping as in-game.

My internet has been down for a few days so haven't been able to follow this topic. Glad to see that the server is receiving donations and it's able to be up and running!

I'll try and spend some time on the server over the next few days but with school starting again i'm not sure how much time I will have.

EDIT: I'll try my best to put some time in to play.