"The Downfall Of Fort Lenning and Emergence of Outpost Rose" A The Undertaking: Origins Survivor Story

Deadend

The Downfall Of Fort Lenning and Emergence of Outpost Rose

It was hell. Day to day we struggled to survive. made some decisions which... we're not necessarily proud of. Many of us lost our loved ones, friends and family in the process. I, don't even know what came of them... Weeks passed, we waited and waited; but no help ever came... 

It very quickly came to our senses that things were not going to be how they used to be. This wasn't just some invasion of a foreign nation or a terrorist attack. This was it, the end to civilization as we knew it. It didn't take long for things to get ugly. People were soon fighting each other for supplies, pillaging stores, and breaking into houses. Fires lit up the city in the night sky, sirens filled every corner. helicopters, jets, and tanks, nothing worked. Those things just kept on coming; you'd think unloading a whole magazine on them would stop them, but no. Even with no legs those fuckers would still keep coming at you. You'd put one down for another 10 to come out of nowhere seemingly. The oh so glorious american military was being beaten on its own turf, by its own people; not ironic at all... 

When shit hit the fan in Louisville we headed south for the outskirts of the city. That was about as soon as the military started rolling in. It was more the fear of looters and gangs than those rabid sons of b***ches trying to get a bite out of us. It wasn't easy though, we had to do things we never thought we were capable of. For the most part whenever one of those things would come too close we would just push them and run. 

It wasn't until we came up to a group of about five biker guys pulling away two girls into an alley that we stopped. The girls seemed to be about 19 or 20 years old; wearing university of Louisville tank tops. I wasn't sure why Lenning stopped to help them, it wasn't the first time we had seen this. But here I was, chasing after him thinking we were done for. He ran straight for the biggest guy and tackled him to the floor. He started beating the guy in the face but one of the other guys quickly pushed him off. They all started kicking Lenning on his sides as he told the girls to flee. One of the biker guys didn't hesitate to pull them back down by their hair. The others just kept on  kicking Lenning on his sides more rigorously. I wasn't about to let my best friend get beaten to death so I went in. Tapped one in the shoulder to face me, fisted him right in the nose and kicked another. But that act of heroism didn't last long. Last thing I remember, I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head. Not exactly sure what happened at that moment; everything went blurry, then I blacked out.

When I woke up I was in a tent. Apparently the two girls we tried to rescue were separated from their group. They caught up to them just in time and fought off the biker guys. To my surprise, one of those girls was Lenning's baby sister, Sarah. Lenning was both mad and glad she was with him. Mad because she wasn't supposed to be there. And well, happy because she was safe. She was apparently in the city visiting her boyfriend who was an assistant professor at the University of Louisville. Mrs. and Mr. Lenning didn't necessarily approve of this relationship and neither did Lenning. And with reason, the guy was about 7 years older than Sarah.

... to be continued.

in the meantime, check out THE UNDERTAKING: ORIGINS 

Archived