Honor Bound - a microgame (print and play)

robbiehunt

ceXul68.png

Honor Bound is a microgame. It's like rock-paper-scissors with HP, a bluffing mechanic and woodblock illustrations! There's a lot of reading your opponent and understanding their motivations.

It's now done and done, play it now!

Information page

Purchase Print-and-Play

Purchase Physical Game

UPDATE 11/20

Game's done! Woohoo! Thanks to all for the feedback :) Get yourself a print-and-play or physical copy if you like!

UPDATE 10/30

Wow. That last 5% of a project sure takes a long time. I really had to hammer that rulebook into shape so it could be played without me in the room. I think I finally got it, however.

Now compiling all the feedback and I'm thinking one last playtest and I can call it done.

UPDATE - 9/30

I have updated this link to the latest release. Previously I posted the alpha (version 0.0.3) - it is now in beta! (0.1.1!!) This is now feature complete and I am only tweaking the rulebook and the balance of class abilities! Since my last update I added two new classes: The Thief and The Forest Queen:

KiwNhhO.jpg

Again, any feedback you can give - typos, playtest results, color critiques, whatever - is extremely welcome and appreciated. Thanks :)

I know, this isn't the normal sort of project that is posted here - but please look over the rules and the cards and at least give a first impression, I understand printing and playing is a huge commitment.

This is the earlier prototyE:

Class Cards

0h5CLBU.png

Box art

frXF3Bi.png

This is the newer prototype:

Better, newer box art

HOk0CsQ.png

My plan is to bring the full professionally printed version to life once I get the last few details hammered out - but tabletop gamers seem to be less enthused by self-published physical games than digital games.

Thank you for taking the time to look!

Bvhv -

Well, this game uses only public domain illustrations for the cards (except the action icons: swords, daggers, magic) and I have not found a 'right' woodblock illustration for a mage hey maybe I'll kickstart for some more illustrations, haha)

The king actually has a pretty good advantage in that he can stay Honor Bound (having positive honor) even if he bluffs. Normally a player would automatically go back to 0 Honor. So if the King has +2 damage and then bluffs, he would go down to +1 damage instead of +0 that any other character would.

So to balance that, yes the king will have an even larger penalty when in the negative.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...