Vehicle

ar_pz

There is no such thing as "OP" in a realistic game.

Tanks exist in real life. If you got in a tank you would be completely safe. But then what? You can't drive anywhere for long because of limited fuel and you will run out of supplies quickly.

This is one of those moments where you must sacrifice realism for gameplay. Let's face it, many gamers ( such as myself) love to dick around and screw things up if presented the chance. If a tank was added for example, people would drive them into things, namely buildings. Having total realism would say that the buildings must collapse once hit with a tank. This combined with the fact that every zombie in a mile and a half range would be drawn to the sound would cause so much stress on the game that it may crash. Project zboid would be much better without op classified vehicles

I agree with Iudo, I always cringe when the term 'OP' gets thrown around a lot. You'll find real life balances things more fairly well anyway. A combat tank is going to be hard, if not impossible, to maintain by the average Joe, and I really don't think the average person is going to be able to drive one. Remember that the character's in this game aren't just you guys, they're everyone else. 

A tank would indeed be- loud, heavy, relatively clunky, and very fuel inefficient. Ultimately it wouldn't be very useful, and isn't something that should be on a priority list. However, there's a certain magic in having game elements there that are designed to simply be there, something that's a death trap waiting for a newbie to give it a go.

The philosophy that everything in a game must have a use, is something that's really damaging the game's industry IMO. Not everything has to be there for a reason. Obviously not as something a developer would prioritise adding, but for the sake of ambience and a world that feels like it has consequences for bad choices.

Though the tile destruction would be a problem. :P

I would love an RV! I'd be Dale from TWD! And with a tank I'd go get revenge on some group with an amazing final stand and be The Governor!

A tank is very realistic because you'd need fuel so it'd only be useful for awhile but you could use it if you and an enemy group have been having a back and forth then you might just ruin their lives by bringing in the big guns!