Vehicle

ar_pz

Hello people !

Inspiration :

I played a lot alone and multiplayer. We think together about some new things.

Cooperation game
Sim city
TMMT
Walking Dead
Mad Max

All my suggestions by topics are more or less related / relative.

Français :

- Canoë-Kayak
- Vélo
- Cheval
- Moto
- Voiture
- Tank
- Camping car
- Skate
- Caisse à savon (Caisse en bois ou baignoire + roues de voiture)-

- Voilier

- Radeau

- Buggy

- Quad

Domaine à apprendre :

- Naviguation

- Mécanique

- Ingénieurie

English :

- Canoe-kayak

- Bicycle
- Horse
- Moto
- Car
- Tank
- Motor Home / Camping Car
- Skate
- Soapbox (wooden crate or bathtub + car wheels)

- Sailboat
- Raft (Wood + Construction + Tissu)

- Buggy

- Quad

Field to learn:

- Sailing
- Mechanical
- Engineering

Let's go !

Most of those are EXTREMELY OP vehicles, you should read the pinned posts, and you are not getting out of muldraugh and westpoint, where there is only a river so sailing is pointless.

The motor-home is a portable safehouse, do I even need to say anymore? you can't farm or build around it, since you'll be moving around, and it makes way too much noise considering it's speed.

And also, mechanical and engineering are the same thing.

In fact, most of these are either too OP or too similar too be worth the time to incorporate into the game.

How is sailing pointless? Of my options to move through a city with a river consist of running through the zed filled streets, or floating past if while a catch some Z's, I know which one I would take. Even if you can only used a raft to move down river it would be a nice addition. If it had some storage capacity I would be able to make a camp down river, scavenge through the town heading up river, make and load up the raft, and float home.

Yes but if they are SOO far fetched, then we have reason to critizie them

Raft is one thing, sailboat is just ridiculous. Also, did he SERIOUSLY just suggest tank???

But there's no need to be an ass about it.

Click along if you don't feel like discussing the suggestion or if all you can do is adding malice to the topic.

But there's no need to be an ass about it.

Click along if you don't feel like discussing the suggestion or if all you can do is adding malice to the topic.

Well, when he breaks almost every vehicle related rule showed in the pinned posts, I think it's understandable that we are a bit skeptical.

And now what I truly think, we HAVE the right to talk like this to him as HE has the right to talk like that to us.

Of course, one of the options is understandable, and the other one... should've read the pinned posts.

Hey, I'ma just sayin'  :rolleyes:

Well, when he breaks almost every vehicle related rule showed in the pinned posts, I think it's understandable that we are a bit skeptical.

And now what I truly think, we HAVE the right to talk like this to him as HE has the right to talk like that to us.

Of course, one of the options is understandable, and the other one... should've read the pinned posts.

My response was related to Croak90's post.

"Skeptical", yes. Though, you do not have the right to talk down to or make fun of someone because you somehow feel like a better human being for reading a pinned post or are more experienced on the forum.

There are ways to provide constructive feedback while also kindly providing guidance.

"X is ridiculous, did he SERIOUSLY just X?!" is ignorant and a Youtube-level comment.

"Skeptical", yes. Though, you do not have the right to talk down to or make fun of someone because you somehow feel like a better human being for reading a pinned post or are more experienced on the forum.

There are ways to provide constructive feedback while also kindly providing guidance.

"X is ridiculous, did he SERIOUSLY just X?!" is ignorant and a Youtube-level comment.

I understand that you may not like certain responses in the thread, but after such a rise in threads not following the lore its hard to have any patience left.

ar_pz brought this onto himself, if only he had taken 10 minutes off of his life to read a couple of posts, we would not be having this conversation.

And it's not our problem he can't take criticism, and then doesn't admit he made a mistake, nor does he try to figure out the mistake he made.

There is a diference bettween attacking and discussing, croak was not attacking, he was simply posting his opinions on the matter, and what was in his mind at the time, and scolding him for that is not going to mae things any better.

If you don't want people to take criticism, then lock the thread, or just delete so other people don't even have to see it, and silently whisper to themselves saying: ''For **** sake''.

And Finally, if you want to show other people an example, then don't call other people's thoughts ''ignorant'' and ''youtube level'', both stating that you are being a hypocrite, and insulting youtube commenters everywhere.

*breathes in*, well, that's now over with, hopefully I wont have to say something like that ever again.

And now, I will have to wait, to see how my comment will be reacted to, as a ignorant attacking comment, or as my point all along was, another person's thougths

I understand that you may not like certain responses in the thread, but after such a rise in threads not following the lore its hard to have any patience left.

The solution is simple, then. Don't post if you're out of patience. Don't post if you can only spare something that is belittling someone else.

These threads always existed. They will continue to pop up. You can keep discussing their suggestions while pointing them into the right directions but my sole point is - contrary to your statement "we HAVE the right to talk like this to him" - do NOT respond in a shitty attitude. Maybe I am reading too much into Croak90's post but he wasn't warned for it. It was merely a nudge.

Telling people they are expected to follow the motto of the forum is what I do and when talking about "having a right to do something", I think my "right" to administrate and moderate is higher on the list than people's "right" to be condescending with the only intention of belittling the suggestion.

I'm always open for criticism from people but I like not to close threads or delete posts and instead tell people publicly how they are expected to behave because it serves as an example for others and prevents me from repeating myself.

Accepting criticism and accepting aggressive comments are two different things.

You don't have to respond if this somehow involves you in a way you don't want to be involved (as you said hopefully you'll never have to say something like that ever again - completely possible that I am misinterpreting something :P). If you do, please do it in a PM as I'd like not to close the thread but also not hijack it any further. :)

I agree with Nasko, just because you are out of patience does not mean the rest of the community is, you were also new at one point. It is like saying "We can't discuss math, it has been discussed to death by the Greeks."

And a tank is not really immersion breaking, an operational one might be, but seeing a tank in a place that is proximal to a military base when zombies attacked is kinda... Normal I'd say. Seeing no military vehicles at all would be worse for immersion. I can't see how military response falls outside the 'lore' of an apocalypse. I am not in favour of seeing such a vehicle operate indeed. But at the very least seeing them in places where the military attempted to establish a cordon would be rather obvious I'd say.

Buggies, Motor homes, cayaks, cars, quads and boats in general I would be in agreement with. As long as you cannot become 'self sustaining' on a boat it would be just a means of traversing water. Indeed zombies might even submerge and 'follow' such a craft without your knowledge, the devs themselves have so far been mum about the abilities of zombies regarding 'breathing' and submersion in general. I know that in Romero lore zombies could submerge. Think of zombie hands pulling down a cayak or as you climb off of your boat hundreds of zombies start coming out of the water all around you.

Discussing such things are not only fun, but the whole point of having a forum :)

A raft especially would be hilarious if your paddle breaks. Floating down to a horde of zombies with this morbid look on your face lol

The solution is simple, then. Don't post if you're out of patience. Don't post if you can only spare something that is belittling someone else.

These threads always existed. They will continue to pop up. You can keep discussing their suggestions while pointing them into the right directions but my sole point is - contrary to your statement "we HAVE the right to talk like this to him" - do NOT respond in a shitty attitude. Maybe I am reading too much into Croak90's post but he wasn't warned for it. It was merely a nudge.

Telling people they are expected to follow the motto of the forum is what I do and when talking about "having a right to do something", I think my "right" to administrate and moderate is higher on the list than people's "right" to be condescending with the only intention of belittling the suggestion.

I'm always open for criticism from people but I like not to close threads or delete posts and instead tell people publicly how they are expected to behave because it serves as an example for others and prevents me from repeating myself.

Accepting criticism and accepting aggressive comments are two different things.

You don't have to respond if this somehow involves you in a way you don't want to be involved (as you said hopefully you'll never have to say something like that ever again - completely possible that I am misinterpreting something :P). If you do, please do it in a PM as I'd like not to close the thread but also not hijack it any further. :)

Well, whatever, this discussion is already taking up most of the thread, so we should probably end it d:

Well, whatever, this discussion is already taking up most of the thread, so we should probably end it d:

I'm not locking this thread just because you disagree. Have a warning point for not taking the hint. Feel free to PM me or NasKo.

I thought pz was based off average joe..? So i know nothing about tanks other than a game but not enough to operate/maintain one...? Also tanks need a crew it cant just be one person like in just cause 2 where a single person can reload, aim, fire, turn the turret, and drive a tank. Maybe a mod would be interesting with tanks :) especially if it was 3d models xD

Although it would be cool to find some sort of weaponry inside of tanks like corpses with pistols or even... army clothes ouo

Didn't mean to be rude, was only exasperated D: Sorry!

(Course you did kinda reprimand me like an ass; spoonful of your own medicine?)

There is no such thing as "OP" in a realistic game.

Tanks exist in real life. If you got in a tank you would be completely safe. But then what? You can't drive anywhere for long because of limited fuel and you will run out of supplies quickly.

Tanks exist in real life. If you got in a tank you would be completely safe. But then what? You can't drive anywhere for long because of limited fuel and you will run out of supplies quickly.

This is one of those moments where you must sacrifice realism for gameplay. Let's face it, many gamers ( such as myself) love to dick around and screw things up if presented the chance. If a tank was added for example, people would drive them into things, namely buildings. Having total realism would say that the buildings must collapse once hit with a tank. This combined with the fact that every zombie in a mile and a half range would be drawn to the sound would cause so much stress on the game that it may crash. Project zboid would be much better without op classified vehicles

It's not that difficult driving a tank. On older models, if you're familiar with stick shift, you can figure it out. On new armor like the Leo 2, the steering wheel is just like a sports car imho.

Operating the guns do require some know-how.

The biggest issue with a tank and a apocalypse setting, is that they drink fuel. The Leo 2 drinks like 70 liters on 10km or something. And for a weapon that's made to combat other armor and big targets, not so effective against soft targets like zeds. A APC or perhaps better, a IFV would be much better. They drink fuel too, but I doubt as much as the Leo.

This is one of those moments where you must sacrifice realism for gameplay. Let's face it, many gamers ( such as myself) love to dick around and screw things up if presented the chance. If a tank was added for example, people would drive them into things, namely buildings. Having total realism would say that the buildings must collapse once hit with a tank. This combined with the fact that every zombie in a mile and a half range would be drawn to the sound would cause so much stress on the game that it may crash. Project zboid would be much better without op classified vehicles

But zombies outside of view aren't loaded so they would just theoretically move without using much memory