Bed Zombies

dnbvintage

I've searched around and i believe that no one else has mentioned this.

So the idea comes from the dreaded shower zombies, you know the ones, they make you and your character's heart jump.

This made me think about possible Z's laying on the bed and turn into crawlers when you venture near them, or even one's that have hidden under the bed from when they were human and haven't had the stimulation to leave yet.

I have no idea what would be involved to implement this so maybe the devs (or anyone else) could give insight to why this is a good/bad idea.

I love this idea, it would really punish you for letting your guard down even a little while looting. I'd like to see zombies in more obscure and hidden places, because an infected person may have tried to hide from zombies, died in their hiding place, and then re animated in the obscure place waiting form something to spark it's interest 

I like the concept in general, only problem is, why would it be in or laying on the bed? If an infected person dies in a room, on a bed, when it reanimated as a zombie, I figure it would be in the room, maybe just standing idle, or trying to get out, but not in/on the bed etc. Now, if that person had been restrained before turning, then it would be possible...

Mind you, I remember in TWD when Rick enters Atlantic City, and there were some zombies just kind of sitting idle in a bus, so if you entered a room, had a zombie just sitting there, until it senses you, could be cool.

Having them be in more obscure places could be fun. For example, once cars/vehicles are in, then having some zombies trapped inside the odd one would be great.

Also, finding barricaded doors to large rooms, where maybe infected were quarantined and having them full of zombies, like the classic Hospital scene in TWD.

Anyway, always good to get more suggestions, in the end they can only make the game better.

I figure any zombies found under/in a bed would have died and reanimated in place. Someone gets bit, starts getting very sick, and snuggles into bed for the night. They die, reanimate, but there's no stimulus in the room to move the zombie around. It just lays there. Sure, it might flail around a bit, but I doubt they'd have the motor skills to get out of a snuggly made bed. On the flip side, the smell would likely give them away.

But, yeah. I'm all for surprise zomzoms :P

As for shower zombies, it's not that that gets me. It's the eight zombies hidden by the inwards opening bathroom door, only to pop out and bite me rump as I rummage in the cabinet for towels.

Thank you for your responses so far. I can see you all understand my mind set so far. EreWeGo when you asked why would it be in or laying on the bed? I feel ApolloDiaspora answered quite well and that this would be due to them turning where they hid or just went to sleep, due to no stimuli they stayed there just like you said with the bus in TWD.

I really like the idea of surprise zombies. The thought they could be hiding in cars, in a shower, under a bed or in the privy is quite exciting.

Hmmmm... The smell. I know I'm making it up from the thin air, but wouldn't the smell be a good addition to the perception system? Like when there's a horde closeby, you would get a moodlet saying something like "nauseous smell". I think it'd be pretty useful. So, whadda you think, Appolo? I didn't want to steal your idea, so I'm not gonna create my own topic.

On the flip side, the smell would likely give them away.

But, yeah. I'm all for surprise zomzoms :P

Love the idea of "boogie zombie" under the bed and such.

You would probably not be able to smell them, since I guess hygiene (or the lack of) for a couple of weeks during a zombie apocalypse would be the same as being in the field for several weeks during training or real combat in the army. I can promise you that every single one, smells like a dead zombie stucked inside a microwave.

I remember one time we had been in a swampy area for only 2 weeks or so. The smell was "interesting". The only hygiene is keeping the guns in working condition.

Hmm the idea of nauseous smell sounds good. Apparently rotting flesh is very distinctive! Would the world have that as its natural smell in a Zombie apocalypse? It'd definitively intensify in a house that they've been lurking in for days/weeks/months that's for sure.

It'd been interesting if you could mess with other players by putting corpses in rubbish bins or under the sink.