Recipes Not Working

Guy

I'm trying to add a few new items and recipes to the game.  The items themselves appear with their slick new icons, and the lua script I wrote to spawn them works fine, but when I bring up the context menu the recipes themselves don't show up.  I'm sure it's something painfully simple that's causing the issue, but I could use some new eyes on it.

In Zomboid>mods>Guy's Mod>media>scripts I have two files, GMItems.txt and GMRecipes.txt.  Here's my item file (which works):

module Base{ /*******************Item Overrides*******************/item Cigarettes{Count = 20,HungerChange = 0,Weight = 0.0,RequireInHandOrInventory = Lighter,Type = Food,UnhappyChange = 10,DisplayName = Cigarettes,StressChange = -25,Icon = cigarette,CustomContextMenu = Smoke,}} module GuysMod{imports{Base} /************************Items************************/item CigarettePack{Weight = 0.05,Type = Normal,DisplayName = Pack of Cigarettes,Icon = cigPack,} item CigaretteCarton{Weight = 0.5,Type = Normal,DisplayName = Carton of Cigarettes,Icon = cigCarton,} }

And here is my recipe file (which does not work):

module GuysMod{imports{Base} recipe Wring Dish Towel{   Base.DishClothWet,    Result:Base.DishCloth,   Time:150.0,} recipe Wring Bath Towel{   Base.BathTowelWet,    Result:Base.BathTowel,   Time:200.0,} recipe Open carton of Cigarettes    {GuysMod.CigaretteCarton,         Result:GuysMod.CigarettePack=10,        Time:5.0,    }     recipe Open pack of Cigarettes    {GuysMod.CigarettePack, Result:Base.Cigarettes,Time:5.0,    }     recipe Put in a pack    {        Base.Cigarettes=20,         Result:GuysMod.CigarettePack,        Time:5.0,    }     recipe Put in a carton    {        GuysMod.CigarettePack=10,         Result:GuysMod.CigaretteCarton,        Time:5.0,    }}

Initially I had the recipes working by adding everything into the base recipe/item files, but when I moved them out to make it a mod instead of just altering the game scripts, they stopped working.  The game's built-in recipes still work fine. Any help spotting my error would be appreciated.

Didn't have much time to play with this over the weekend, but I finally managed to resolve this issue this morning.  The problem was with the scope.  I was trying to be explicit in my calls to item names, but apparently this was not only unnecessary but actually detrimental. For example, this:

recipe Open pack of Cigarettes{    GuysMod.CigarettePack,     Result:Base.Cigarettes,    Time:5.0,} 

Should actually have looked like this:

recipe Open pack of Cigarettes{    CigarettePack,     Result:Cigarettes,    Time:5.0,}  

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding how using the scope works or what, but once removed everything works smoothly.

Minor side note:  At one point, the icons for my new items stopped showing up without my changing anything.  After a validation of the game's steam files, they reappeared, so if your icons ever disappear, try this first.