The Path Of A Noob With The Mind Of A Pro - Part 1

migulao

So it's now my seventh playthrough, I have noticed that all the characters I name after myself (-snip- Migmig) always end up getting killed... because I get distracted from the TV and stare at it without pausing the game.

So, I decided to just go with whoever appeared, and choose the traits and job, here's the character sheet:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Jessica Peterson

Job: Construction Worker (Duh)

Traits: Positive: Strong, Lucky

Negative: Brooding, Short-Tempered, Light-Drinker, Cowardly

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, before we begin, I want to state that before even my FIRST playthrough, I went to the wiki, kept reading for 2 - 4 days, and learned everything I need to know, but the path I take is always to rushed, so I end up screwing up.

And so, my story begun:

I spawned in a house in southern muldraugh, immediatly I paused the game (exciting beginning, right?), and went to the project zomboid map project to try and figure out where I was.... before even leaving the house too see what it looked like...

Eventually that got sorted out

Inside my house there was almost literally nothing, nothing more than a spoon, 3 units of perishable food, and some chips

As I knew from browsing the wiki, contrary to popular belief, spoons, forks and butter knifes do LESS damage than your fists, so I left the spoon and moved on.

Now, if you only found that in a house, you would break into another house right? well, I said screw that, and started running immediatly into the big warehouse, that would be my safehouse (remember when I said I rush the game?), usually, I use the isolated house at the northeast bit of muldraugh as my safehouse, but I thought I would do something diferent this time.

When I reached the safehouse, I realized I forgot something crucial: as the migration events (helicopter, gunshots) hadn't happened yet, the zombies were still at the usually most populated parts of the map, so, the warehouse was extremelly full of them... and then I realized that from my sprinting around I attracted a bunch of them, so I ran away, and took shelter in a house a few blocks away, where I thankfully managed to find a couple of mugs and bottles, and a lovely baseball bat, then I took the curtains from the windows to use as sheets, and procceded to close the ones on the bedroom and went to sleep.

As the morning arrived, I took the curtains from the bedroom, and picked up a couple of skill books that I missed perviously, ate a pickle and started my journey to the warehouse.

Thankfully, it seems the migration's effects took place during the night, as the warehouse was now clear, so, I entered, searched around and found an axe, saw, nails, and among other things, and has I had around 9 sheets, I covered the windows, ripped off my shirt to make a sheet rope, who I put on a window with one of the nails, and that became my most usefull way in-and-out of the safehouse, since it's extremely quick, make a direct path to the forest across the highway, and I didn't to walk down a whole floor to get down there.

Next, I picked up some pegs and planks, that I sawed to make sturdy sticks, then I made a tent that I put on the roof.

I then destroyed the roof door with my axe, to get the knob and unlikely, but I got 2 hinges, just enough to make a door!

After that, I picked up a hammer, and went out to chop some trees to better fortify the warehouse and make my door.

As you've been reading for a long time now, Ill just skip ahead to day 10, but just something quick to say, DON'T LEAVE YOUR ITEMS ON THE GROUND BEFORE EXITING, my axe vanished because of that, but I managed to get another one of a zombie, anyway:

I was doing pretty damn good, I was at level 3 carpentry already from some skill book, and I my safehose was fully fortified, and I made a the entire roof a farm, but some of my plants were sickly (no, they didnt have a disease) and stunted, despite being well watered, I built each of my plants tiles 6x2, as it occupied small space and if one of those plants got diseased, it wouldn't be much of a loss. but I was running out of perishable, so I went to loot another house, I found:

Expert Fishing, Farming and Carpentry Books

Begineers farming, fishing

I found a buttload of mugs and orange juice, and un-perishables and perishable food

I was doing amazing, nothing could stop me, now let's move on to where I am right now, at day 15:

The electricity was cut out, but thankfully not the water supply, I have a buttload of crates on the roof with my supplies, and most of my plants are stunted or sickly, despite being well-watered, again, info on that will be greatly appreciated, but other than that, I almost never see any zombies, i live a pretty peacefull life, I chop the wood on the forest, where I have 3 wood traps (but the worm bait keep disapearing), and my safehouse keep expanding, and I successfully made a roof over my tent to protect myself from harsh weather (mostly rain), and now, my only issue are the plants, since soon they will be my only source of food.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's my story so far, I'm in day 15, and my main issue are the crops as stated above, I might post a part 2 of the next 15 days or so (if I make it past that), and if people ask for it, anyway, thank's for reading.

:)

If you're trying to grow radishes and/or carrots you might be watering them too much.  You should try to keep radishes at "Fine" and carrots a little above thirsty, which is also "Fine".  Try watering those at intervals of 5 or 10 until they reach fine.  Once you level up the water indicator should turn yellow to red when they've had too much water.

To keep them from getting over watered by the rain try building a roof over them.

Hope that helps! :)

If you're trying to grow radishes and/or carrots you might be watering them too much.  You should try to keep radishes at "Fine" and carrots a little above thirsty, which is also "Fine".  Try watering those at intervals of 5 or 10 until they reach fine.  Once you level up the water indicator should turn yellow to red when they've had too much water.

To keep them from getting over watered by the rain try building a roof over them.

Hope that helps! :)

Thanks,  but it's rain that waters my plants , I'm too lazy for that  :P

In that case, it might be best to avoid those two and try any of the other ones.  Cabbages will be the quickest.  Tomatoes and potatoes grow fairly well also.  Just make sure those stay well watered and they should be okay :)

In that case, it might be best to avoid those two and try any of the other ones.  Cabbages will be the quickest.  Tomatoes and potatoes grow fairly well also.  Just make sure those stay well watered and they should be okay :)

Alright, but I just picked those because the average time to grow them where 5 & 7 days, it seems to vary quite much.

Archived